Newbie Copy and change tool offset using user task

Thread: Copy and change tool offset using user task

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Copy and change tool offset using user task

Hello

We usually use a CAM software for Programming and it's easier to use nose comp at 0 instead of the radius of the mill.
    The problem here is With OSP-U100L we can't use a negative value on comp.
    So i wan't to Call for example tool 50 copy the offset put them to offset 200 then add the radius value from cam, how would something like this look like?
    I know how on Fanuc but user task is New to me.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Copy and change tool offset using user task

hello protozyko short answer : do you have the VNSR* available on your machine ? go mdi , input V1=VNSRX[01] and V2=VNSRZ[01], and check if the results are the Xrad[1] and Zrad[1]; if those variables are there, i may help you with "negative radius"; if that system variable does not work, then stop generating the code with r0, but with r=tool_nose_r

We usually use a CAM software for Programming and it's easier to use nose comp at 0 instead of the radius of the mill
    there are toolpaths:
    ... generated directly on nose radius center, aka "virtual toolpaths"
    ... with real part dimensions + g41/g42, aka classical "comp toolpaths"

compensation codes should handle :
    ... lead-in movement :,when tool moves from a "non-comp position" to the "1st comp position", or the approach
    ... lead-out movement : when the tool moves from "last comp position" to a "non-comp position", or the depart
    ....... about the lead-in movement, on a lathe, considering that turret is at home, is possible to approach directly into comp-position, thus to remove the auxialary movements when compensation is started; for osp 300 " T+LINK*10101 M66 G97 S+V1 M42 M03 M08 G00 X2*13.25 Z-3 M63 F+V2 G95 G41 K-1 M65 "; now lets simplify this for an older " G00 X2*13.25 Z-3 G41 K-1 "
    ... imaginary vectors, so to be able to keep always same absolut clearance, regardless of radius value : for example, if nose-rad is 2mm or 0.05mm, in both cases, same code can be used in order to keep the z position constant " G00 X Z G42 I/K vectors "
    ... auxialary movements, when geometrical elements inside the toolpath are not tangent; from this perspective, a "virtual toolpath" may be optimized, because such auxialary movement can be inspected before running the code, while a "classical comp toolpath" requires to run the code and inspect the cnc output; however, it may be possible that the motion generated by the cnc is better then the motion generated by the cam

i shared all these aspects, tring to highlight some particularities of comp codes ... a code generated with all those within should perform faster, with at least few tens of a second

We usually use a CAM software for Programming and it's easier to use nose comp at 0 instead of the radius of the mill
    so the easiest way, is ... hmm, do you know that book about becaming a cnc programmer in 24 hours ? just kidding

The problem here is With OSP-U100L we can't use a negative value on comp
    radius value is not alone; there are 3 inputs : Xrad, Zrad and P_comp_quad

X&Z radius may be equal<>0, only one 0, both 0, thus there are 3 cases

for each case, may be used at least on P, so the diversity appears

this combo, for lathes, is not designed to use negative radius, is not designed for "virtual toolpaths", but only for "classical comp toolpaths"

so, if you use "virtual toolpaths", you may hit a wall

... but there may be a solution for you, and this solution involves system variables; pls check the availability of VNSRX [ 01 ] and VNSRZ [ 01 ] for your machine; those variables should return the Xrad and Zrad for radius_register_1

a few things based on those variables, and some differences between cam & cnc outputs are covered in here : https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/320382-cnc.html

kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

VNSRX[200]=VNSRX[V1] is what i needed.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello protozyko vnsr* works on your system ?

VNSRX [ 200 ] = VNSRX [ V1 ] is what i needed
    if you wish to achieve an effect, like after inputing a negative radius, i am afraid that is not enough to copy-paste the radius why don't you generate the toolpath with r=tool_nose_r, so to avoid the case of 'negative radius' ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hello protozyko vnsr* works on your system ?

if you wish to achieve an effect, like after inputing a negative radius, i am afraid that is not enough to copy-paste the radius why don't you generate the toolpath with r=tool_nose_r, so to avoid the case of 'negative radius' ?
    From CAM i output the radius of the tool so V2=5(radius) VNSRX[200]=VNSRX[V1]+V2 will do what i need.

Downloads
    Uploads

i use those system variables, so to set data directly from program, so to avoid pushing keystrokes at the panel; for example, for an od tool, with nose_r=0.8, i use VNSRX [ 01 ] = 0.8 VNSRZ [ 01 ] = 0.8 VNRPN [ 01 ] = 3

From CAM i output the radius of the tool so V2=5(radius) VNSRX[200]=VNSRX[V1]+V2 will do what i need
    output from cam VNSRX [ arg ] = 5 VNSRZ [ arg ] = 5 and VNRPN [ arg ] = P_quadrant

that's all i don't see why you go through V200, V2, etc .... even if it works, it is too much ... why do you copy the offset ?

Downloads
    Uploads

i use those system variables, so to set data directly from program, so to avoid pushing keystrokes at the panel; for example, for an od tool, with nose_r=0.8, i use VNSRX [ 01 ] = 0.8 VNSRZ [ 01 ] = 0.8 VNRPN [ 01 ] = 3

output from cam VNSRX [ arg ] = 5 VNSRZ [ arg ] = 5 and VNRPN [ arg ] = P_quadrant

that's all i don't see why you go through V200, V2, etc .... even if it works, it is too much ... why do you copy the offset ?
    I copy and change the offset, in my tool. For example if i have -0,06 in tool 14, i copy it to 200 and add the nose radius for example 4 wich gives me 3.94 in compensation.

Downloads
    Uploads

corections can be made in " main offset " , " wear " , " radius "

in most cases, only one is used if i get it right, you take the value from " wear " and copy it inside the " radius "; thus, if you have wear -0.06, then you wish to modify the radius from 4 to 3.94 ? why do you update the radius ? why don't you modify the radius directly ? there is something that i don't understand ...

is this a lathe or a mill ? and if it is a lathe, why do you use T14 ? is there an atc ? or is a turret with more then 12 posts ? is this about a turning or a milling operation ? what tool is there ? i am lost

For example if i have -0,06 in tool 14
    how do you know that you have -0.06 in T14 ? i am asking, because i can't understand exactly what you are doing

Downloads
    Uploads

Machine is lathe With milling spindle. i have 200 Tools so i don't have wear offset page.
    Nose radius should be 0 to keep it simple but we need to correct small amounts from time to time.
    My problem is fixed for now anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

i really don't understand why you don't edit the radius directly, and i still don't see how ( if ) you managed the negative radius case ?

if you have 200tools and 12 turret posts, then ... hmm ... i don't know / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

I do edit the radius, but i program With tool center not tool edge, so if there is radius 5 in tool page for 10.mm mill the part will be 5.mm wrong, and if i program With tool edge and i forget to put in the 5 the part will be 5.mm wrong, so we keep it 0.
    I don't have turret i have a milling spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

I do edit the radius
    ok, and if you edit the radius, why don't you edit directly ? why do edit it like this " V2=5(radius) VNSRX[200]=VNSRX[V1]+V2 " ? who is 200 ( i suppose your active tool ) and who is V1 ? why do use V1 ?

I don't have turret i have a milling spindle.
    i believed that you have a turret with milling spindle; in other words, you have a multitasking machine ?

i program With tool center not tool edge, so if there is radius 5 in tool page for 10.mm mill the part will be 5.mm wrong
    if you program on tool center, but tool_radius_offset is <> 0, then simply don't call the radius inside the program ( at least when roughing ); so, whatever the radius value inside the register, your program will ignore it

if you call the radius inside the program, and you wish to be sure, then check it's value :
    Code:
        IF [ VNSRX [ 01 ] EQ 5 ] NJUMP1
                 NLOOP1 M0 ( wrong radius value )
                 GOTO NLOOP1
        NJUMP1 NOEX

IF [ VNSRZ [ 01 ] EQ 5 ] NJUMP2
                 NLOOP2 M0 ( wrong radius value )
                 GOTO NLOOP2
        NJUMP2 NOEX
    if you wish to apply ±0.2 corections on that radius, then you can check it like this :
    Code:
        IF [ ABS [ VNSRX [ 01 ] - 5 ] LE 0.2 ] NJUMP1
                 GOTO NLOOP1
        NJUMP1 NOEX

IF [ ABS [ VNSRZ [ 01 ] - 5 ] LE 0.2 ] NJUMP2
                 GOTO NLOOP2
        NJUMP2 NOEX
    kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

who is 200 ( i suppose your active tool ) and who is V1 ? why do use V1 ?
    200 is a tool offset i use for calculated offset. V1 is a variable i need for the radius

i believed that you have a turret with milling spindle; in other words, you have a multitasking machine ?
    Looks like it.

if you program on tool center, but tool_radius_offset is <> 0, then simply don't call the radius inside the program ( at least when roughing ); so, whatever the radius value inside the register, your program will ignore it
    If only my mills where 0 all the time

if you call the radius inside the program, and you wish to be sure, then check it's value :
    Code:
        IF [ VNSRX [ 01 ] EQ 5 ] NJUMP1
                 GOTO NLOOP1
        NJUMP1 NOEX

IF [ VNSRZ [ 01 ] EQ 5 ] NJUMP2
                 GOTO NLOOP2
        NJUMP2 NOEX
    if you wish to apply ±0.2 corections on that radius, then you can check it like this :
    Code:
        IF [ ABS [ VNSRX [ 01 ] - 5 ] LE 0.2 ] NJUMP1
                 GOTO NLOOP1
        NJUMP1 NOEX

IF [ ABS [ VNSRZ [ 01 ] - 5 ] LE 0.2 ] NJUMP2
                 GOTO NLOOP2
        NJUMP2 NOEX
    kindly
    Or i can do it way so i don't get any alarm and all radius comp is kept around 0

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again

200 is a tool offset i use for calculated offset. V1 is a variable i need for the radius
    why ? i really don't understand why you manage it like that ... pls, can you explain it a bit more ?

Or i can do it way so i don't get any alarm and all radius comp is kept around 0
    how can you do that ?

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again

why ? i really don't understand why you manage it like that ... pls, can you explain it a bit more ?

how can you do that ?
    I don't a wear, so i use offset kinda like a wear.
    This is how i can keep radius around 0.

Downloads
    Uploads

aha ... ok, so you use a "main offset" like a "wear field", and that value you transmit inside the "radius"

but, if you wish to modify with 0.1, why don't you modify the radius directly ? why don't you go into radius, and push add +0.1 ? why do you use another variable ? maybe you wish to avoid the case when, instead of using 'add' ( final result radius=5.1 ), maybe is used 'set' ( final result radius=0.1 )

Downloads
    Uploads

Because i want them to be around 0, and negative value doesn't work on okuma, it will read it as a positive number.

Downloads
    Uploads

ahamz, ok .... if you work with rad=5, and input small corections ±k, it will be arround 5±k, thus it will always be positive, because 5-k will always be >0

i believe that you will never get out of 5
    ±0.3; is it ok so far ?

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again

From CAM i output the radius of the tool so V2=5(radius) VNSRX[200]=VNSRX[V1]+V2 will do what i need
    output from CAM "NOEX VNSRX [ active_tool ] = 5 + VNSRX [ 01 ] ", and, like this, you remove v1 & v2

another method, is to use " VNSRX [ active_tool ] = 5 " only once, before starting to make parts, so to avoid the time required to set the radius at the panel; this is kind of a "pressetting-program"; like this, you remove VNSRX[v1] and the time required to push keystrokes, so to set the radius in the end, input corections directly into vnsrx[200], so stop using vnsrx[1], and, inside the program, check if vnsrx[200] is between 4.7 - 5.3, so to add safety

like this, set-up time will be lowered, and long-term operation will be checked for operator inputs

Because i want them to be around 0, and negative value doesn't work on okuma, it will read it as a positive number
    whatever you do, in the end, VNSRX [ 200 ] will always be positive

my point, is that you can implement negative radius behaviour, inside the controller : use a conditional code inside the program, that changes G41 & G42, accordingly to operator input; on compensation codes, i can use " set -0.3 enter " inside secondary offsets, and code will adapt

this method requires code customization ( kind of a pretty capable post ), and a software capable to deliver that customization / kindly