MX-45VAE DNC B set-up

Thread: MX-45VAE DNC B set-up

Downloads
    Uploads

Default MX-45VAE DNC B set-up

Hello, We acquired a older MX-45VAE...1997 i think. I have been limping along with the amazing small memory. With work load increasing,I need to start running 3d programs in it. Its has the DNC B on it (allegedly). I don't have any books for it. I can't find in the control what the baud rate,stop bits etc. are set at to get cimco set-up. So my questions are were in the control find/set the baud rate,stop bits? And what is the steps to run a program thru the DNC?

Thanks, Ed

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: MX-45VAE DNC B set-up

Do you have the DNC-B function key on the control ?
    I think...
    >>Edit>>Extend>>Extend

if it doesn't show on the control or on the data card.... you may not have that option installed.
    $$$ for that option... try using schedule programs as well as fitting an after market USB replacement for the floppy drive

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's what I got of the in some notes that came with the machine to run dnc.

AUTO>>PROG SELECT>>A>>WRITE>>WRITE>>CYCLE START

When I try that I get a 4218 alarm D, Which the googles is telling its a communication procedure error. Mind you im guessing at the baud rate,stop bits and whatnot. For the life of me I can't find in the machine were to find/set that info. It has the OSP7000 control.

Thanks Ed,

Downloads
    Uploads

Just a thought here...Any chance you can post a couple snapshots of your machine where you have the DNC cable plugged into your machine? Maybe get some shots of the screens you are viewing as well. One of the guys here that is smarter than me might be able to diagnose the problem a little easier that way.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, Let me rephrase my question. Where in the machine control do I find the com settings? I assume its somewhere in the parameters page. But I don't see were there set at. I need to get the machine and the host computer set the same and go from there....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gemp View Post
    Ok, Let me rephrase my question. Where in the machine control do I find the com settings? I assume its somewhere in the parameters page. But I don't see were there set at. I need to get the machine and the host computer set the same and go from there....
    host.... com....ahh... back up a little...
    it's not your normal windoze PC.... it is OSP, you need the options before searching for any of their settings

... did you find the DNC key when using the function buttons under the screen ?
    PIP you should have seen...
    networking was available after Okuma started using windows

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, it’s the OSP7000

Here is a shot of a Edit AUX button screen with the DNC-B button

MX-45VAE DNC B set-up-20e1f8ee-2121-41d1-bb94-43f897a77c4e-jpg

Here is a shot of a screen in a parameters button screen. Is this were a find the baud rate,stop bit....
    I’m guessing here because 19200 is buad rate. If it is witch #'s are the baud,stop bits,com,polarity. It’s so easy to setup on the haas,it’s not very intuitive on this control,

MX-45VAE DNC B set-up-8e63ed7f-0d82-4c3f-ae4a-159169a2951c-jpg

Last edited by Gemp; 03-26-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Do you have the DNC-B function key on the control ?
    I think...
    >>Edit>>Extend>>Extend

if it doesn't show on the control or on the data card.... you may not have that option installed.
    $$$ for that option... try using schedule programs as well as fitting an after market USB replacement for the floppy drive
    Hi Superman i test schedule program for md1: OK Machine can Runing But i test FD0: can not runing ..Why..??

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD_PS View Post
    Hi Superman i test schedule program for md1: OK Machine can Runing But i test FD0: can not runing ..Why..??
    Is English your 2nd language ?
    I'm finding it a little difficult to understand your question, plus, I may not be in a position to help as I have no access to any Okuma machine or books since 2010.

So to use the limited grey matter..

MD1 is the bubble memory area, loading a program into the run buffer will call it from MD1.
    See if you can use the schedule program to write program to MD1 from FD0, load it to run, then delete it...then do it to another program.

Downloads
    Uploads

Normall FD0: is a floppy disk drive and it is used for file store and transfer only. Part program or schedule program is called to run from MD. Which is semiconductor memory based - much more faster.