LU300 Tool Offset Page

Thread: LU300 Tool Offset Page

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation LU300 Tool Offset Page

I have a LU300 Okuma with OSP-P200L control; our tool offset page button is not working and we cannot run without it. Is there any way to access this page without pressing that button? Perhaps a different route to go through or different series of buttons to press? Maybe even writing some code onto the machine that will execute and open the tool offset page? Any help is definitely appreciated, it sucks to be down because I cannot press one button.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LU300 Tool Offset Page

hi alive

1) have you tried to open the panel, and push the thing that is behind that button ? if it works, it would be an "easy fix" ....

2) there is an api application, which involves a virtual keyboard, which has shortcutr for the P-screens ( panels ), including the tool-data panel .... so, if you have api, give it a try

https://www.myokuma.com/datazen-p-keyboard#app-info

3) if all above fails, then i may still be able to help you / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hi alive

1) have you tried to open the panel, and push the thing that is behind that button ? if it works, it would be an "easy fix" ....

2) there is an api application, which involves a virtual keyboard, which has shortcutr for the P-screens ( panels ), including the tool-data panel .... so, if you have api, give it a try

https://www.myokuma.com/datazen-p-keyboard#app-info

3) if all above fails, then i may still be able to help you / kindly
    Deadlykitten, Your Post looks very promising.

1) Yes, we took off the button and pushed the squishy thing behind it. It does work, but after 100 or so presses. Overtime, I am positive this method will fail.

2) I have some kind of API application on my computer, so I will see if I can find the P-keyboard. Otherwise, I will download from the link you gave me and install onto my Okuma and hope it works!

3) Please go ahead and share the details, as I will not be able to check #2 until 4 hours later when we plant to access that page again. I feel like you have some tricky, complex solution you are dying to share with me. I will be your test bunny.

Downloads
    Uploads

#2 Installation did not work, it keeps saying "the folder path 'Program Files' contains an invalid character. Any way to fix this? Or please show me your last trick.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have some kind of API application on my computer
    hi, i also noticed that okuma api can be installed on a pc, but i don't know how relevant is this stuff ... thus i am not sure if is possible to create api applications on a pc that is not running also osp

Installation did not work
    be sure that you have ' okuma api ' on the cnc, and , after that, try to contact the guys that developed that application

Please go ahead and share the details
    tool corections is a set of items [ offset. wear. radius, comp quadrant ], and each item has assigned a system variable

even if you input corections through the panel, those corrections are passed to the controller via the system variables, so you may 'operate your cnc' at the system variable level

such operations can be divided in many ways, but, as for your interest, they are like this :
    ... relative : thus normal tool offset corections, when you add, for example 0.05 ( just saying )
    ... absolute : when you measure a tool the 1st time

in other words, all "relative corections" require that "absolute corections" have allready been implemented

i can help you with both of them, but 1st we should begin with the "absolut corections", so, may i ask : consider that your cnc is ok, there is no problem, and you open the doors, so to have acces inside the cabinet, and, after that, power is turned off : in this conditions, can you determine, with ±0.2mm tolerance, the origin for Z axis (program zero), and the X&Z offset for each tool on the turret ?

if answer is no, then is a good moment to calibrate your machine, so to speed up this process of initializing the offset for new tools, especially now, when you are in a "kind of blind" situation

after that, we will move to custom software & g-code soubroutines, that will manage the "relative corections" / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

we took off the button and pushed the squishy thing behind it
    hello again, far as i know, behind it, there is a mini circuit bord, maybe you can check it ? i have no clue about electronics, but maybe there is something ...

I will be your test bunny
    ohh, i almost forgot : my products are not tested on animals

Downloads
    Uploads

Hahaha Deadly Kitten, you are so funny. Even in your username, you are an animal hahaha.

I have not had the chance to try out your methods. They are still just pushing the squishy button and managing with this method at the moment.

By any chance, do you know where I can order one of these keyboards? See pictures attached. I may just replace the board that has all the keys on it. Our local Okuma distributor does not sell, and I did not see on e-bay. Any one you recommend who will sell this item? Thanks a million!
    LU300 Tool Offset Page-img_20190311_093439328-jpgLU300 Tool Offset Page-img_20190311_093445305-jpgLU300 Tool Offset Page-img_20190311_093436918-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LU300 Tool Offset Page-img_20190311_093436918-jpg   LU300 Tool Offset Page-img_20190311_093439328-jpg   LU300 Tool Offset Page-img_20190311_093445305-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

hi alive, i really have no clue ?! maybe there is more then a single okuma rep in your area ? also, try contacting okuma's tech centers :

europe https://www.okuma.eu/tech-centres/
    america https://www.okuma.com/okuma-tech-centers
    * there is also russia, new zeealand, etc

far as i know, you may not receive suport if you bought a 2nd hand machine directly, without involving the dealer, or if you bought a new machine from a dealer and you request for help at another dealer

any warranty left ?

there are some guys on this forum that can help you with specific okuma boards, so you should open a new thread, with a relevant title ( looking for bord xyz60216 etc ), and post there, maybe you have a chance / kindly