Need Help! OKUMA GENUS 560-RENISHAW ISSUE

Thread: OKUMA GENUS 560-RENISHAW ISSUE

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OKUMA GENUS 560-RENISHAW ISSUE

Hi to all.In our machine shop we had only heidenhain machines.Know we bought an Okuma with renishaw.The problem that i have is that to activate the probe you must be in the MDI and type CALL OO83 but if you go to manual the renishaw is turning off.I want to go to manual to have access to manual gauging operations.I hope to get understand. I think my syntax is poor... Thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OKUMA GENUS 560-RENISHAW ISSUE

hi antonismel, gauging operations are runned by macros, only in auto or mdi mode

you can't probe in manual mode / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: OKUMA GENUS 560-RENISHAW ISSUE

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hi antonismel, gauging operations are runned by macros, only in auto or mdi mode

you can't probe in manual mode / kindly
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Is anybody using the interactive gauging function.Here in Greece is sold separately.If i need to work on a piece that has already some holes and I need to take a basic rotation from holes and continue the process with the same zero point it is posible and easy to do it? now without the interactive function i dont know how to do it with my Renishaw.

Downloads
    Uploads

hy, so you have the renishaw, but you can not locate the holes with it ? thus you can not use the renishaw ?

is there something that you can do with your renishaw ?

a renishaw may be programmed in different manners :
    ... software installed on :
    ...... cnc, created by renishaw, or by another software provider; this interactive software may not always allow you to use the probe at it's best potential, thus always check for updates, and decide if you need the update, because is possible to not need advanced gauging procedures
    ...... pc, thus a computer application
    ... g-code; this requires knowing the codes that make your probe tick
    ... osp api application ( should be free, but requires api : https://www.myokuma.com/renishaw-set-and-inspect )

so, this i why i asked you if you can use your renishaw; if there is something, maybe i can help you edit those soubroutines, so to create a program zero & rotation after measuring a few holes; i need the basic hole measuring g-code to be available, and after that is needed a method to read the results; i have done this before, and maybe i can help you / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

I think your easy solution is to use Mid auto manual key. This will allow manual moves without leaving auto or mdi so no reset occurs.

But to actually gauge you need to be doing a skip feed so I’m not clear what exactly you are trying to do.

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

why would someone activate the probe, then move it in mdi without loosing it's correction ? normally you move it without activating it, so to put it at the start position, and after that you run the gauging program

tuf

Downloads
    Uploads

As I said at the beginning until today I only used to work with Heidenhain controls.In Heidenhain the probe has its menu-interface where you can easy select what you want to do.Now with okuma-renishaw the technician explained me that is no interface-menu for renishaw.He gave me some programs like this to find the zero point.
    G15 H5 (GOTO CENTER AND CAL X,Y=0 AND Z=160)
    G0 Z1000
    IF [VTLCN EQ 99] GOTO N1
    T99 M6
    N1 G0 Z1000
    X4 Y0
    CALL OO83
    G0 G56 Z30 HA
    CALL OO10 PMOD=3 PEI=0 PUDT=5 POVT=2
    CALL OO20 PHN=1 PZ=0
    G0Z30
    G0 X0 Y0
    CALL OO10 PMOD=6 PDI=60 PUDT=5 POVT=10 PIN=14
    G0 Z1000
    CALL OO84
    M2
    Now the problem that I have is when I have a tube plate like this https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...746092834.html and i need to take the zero point from 3 or 4 holes and measure and save the rotation between two holes to make some extra holes ...The technician
    said that he is looking for the solution.He have a big experience in Haas but not at okuma.I hope to understand my problem and help me. I can not understand why okuma does not have an easy to use menu for touch probe and you have to make macros...

Downloads
    Uploads

hy, so you have the renishaw, but you can not locate the holes with it ? thus you can not use the renishaw ?

is there something that you can do with your renishaw ?

a renishaw may be programmed in different manners :
    ... software installed on :
    ...... cnc, created by renishaw, or by another software provider; this interactive software may not always allow you to use the probe at it's best potential, thus always check for updates, and decide if you need the update, because is possible to not need advanced gauging procedures
    ...... pc, thus a computer application
    ... g-code; this requires knowing the codes that make your probe tick
    ... osp api application ( should be free, but requires api : https://www.myokuma.com/renishaw-set-and-inspect )

so, this i why i asked you if you can use your renishaw; if there is something, maybe i can help you edit those soubroutines, so to create a program zero & rotation after measuring a few holes; i need the basic hole measuring g-code to be available, and after that is needed a method to read the results; i have done this before, and maybe i can help you / kindly

at the link you have put in I think that is not what i am looking for.when i checked the possibilities of that interface it says nothing about measure basic rotation between 2 holes.except that right now i cant test it because i must first buy and install the API.Also this is optional...
    possibilities

Downloads
    Uploads

hi pls probe a single hole, only one, and share the location of the output result

the output may go :
    ... inside the wcs ( G15 H* )
    ... inside a file

i need to know the location of the output, so to create a multi-process

it does not matter that on the heidenhain it was in interface, because also there are probes that work on heidenhain without interface

renishaw, and other probe producers, sell probes for okuma, heidenhain, hass, etc, and same probe on different machines may be subject to different programing methods, depending on what configuration had been installed / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by antonismel View Post
    at the link you have put in I think that is not what i am looking for.when i checked the possibilities of that interface it says nothing about measure basic rotation between 2 holes.except that right now i cant test it because i must first buy and install the API.Also this is optional...
    possibilities
    i only shared that example, so to show that there are several methods for programing a probe :
    ... software, develivered by renishaw or by another software provider, and that software may be for the cnc or for a pc
    ... macros
    ... api applications

api applications are free, but require api, and api is less expensive then buying the application without api suport / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

hi pls probe a single hole, only one, and share the location of the output result

the output may go :
    ... inside the wcs ( G15 H* )
    ... inside a file

i need to know the location of the output, so to create a multi-process

it does not matter that on the heidenhain it was in interface, because also there are probes that work on heidenhain without interface

renishaw, and other probe producers, sell probes for okuma, heidenhain, hass, etc, and same probe on different machines may be subject to different programing methods, depending on what configuration had been installed / kindly
    I am sorry but i do not understand what do you want to do.If i want to measure a single hole i will use this... I do not know where the machine putting the output result. I can see the result in gauging results (i am changing the window display).

G15H5(GOTO CENTER AND CAL X,Y=0 AND Z=160)
    G0Z1000
    IF [VTLCN EQ 99] GOTO N1
    T99M6
    N1G0Z1000
    CALL OO83
    G0X0Y0
    G56 Z30 HA
    Z-10
    CALL OO10 PMOD=7 PDI=60 PUDT=5 POVT=5 (PDI=HOLE DIAMETER)
    CALL OO20 PHN=1 PX=0 PY=0
    G0Z1000
    CALL OO84
    M2

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have any gauging programs in the control or on backup ?
    .... can't remember all the names... but INDIAM.MIN, OUTDIA.MIN etc.

these are the basic gauge programs you run in auto... for the INDIAM you would edit the program for expected dia in the program... move the ruby to approx.centre of the hole and <cycle start>
    the machine only move in the active plane, G17 means gauging in X & Y axis,
    .. not sure for a lathe, but I assume the X axis moves to gauge a radial contact only
    ... I don't think there is any rotational movement of any axis during gauging.

You can utilise these programs to build a full program ie. load tool, goto feature, gauge it, update origin/send to file, put tool away.

Do you have all manuals ?
    .... gauging might be in "Special Functions #2" manual

CALL OO10 PMOD=7 PDI=60 PUDT=5 POVT=5 (PDI=HOLE DIAMETER)
    CALL OO20 PHN=1 PX=0 PY=0*
    PMOD=hole gauge cycle
    PDI=expected diameter
    PUDT=slow down distact before gauge point
    POVT=allowed overtravel
    PHN=work origin to update
    PX=0 PY=0*amounts to add to each axis for new origin

Downloads
    Uploads

because of this line "CALL OO20 PHN=1 PX=0 PY=0", it may be possible, that, after gauging, the wcs=1 to record the position

pls check if the position is recorded inside wcs=1 ( G15 H1 )

I do not know where the machine putting the output result. I can see the result in gauging results (i am changing the window display).
    it may be possible that the gauging results are written inside a file, and also to be displayed on the monitor

please :
    ... look for a gauging file inside the machine ( look inside folders ado ad1 buo, etc, something like that )
    ... share the image where you see the gauging results; maybe, on that image, there is a path specified, that points to the file that stores the results

kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

because of this line "CALL OO20 PHN=1 PX=0 PY=0", it may be possible, that, after gauging, the wcs=1 to record the position

pls check if the position is recorded inside wcs=1 ( G15 H1 )

it may be possible that the gauging results are written inside a file, and also to be displayed on the monitor

please :
    ... look for a gauging file inside the machine ( look inside folders ado ad1 buo, etc, something like that )
    ... share the image where you see the gauging results; maybe, on that image, there is a path specified, that points to the file that stores the results

kindly
    Ok I am sorry again.Now I understand what you said before.It is exactly like you wrote.The results is going to wc setup 1 .the programm is calling G15 H01 .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by antonismel View Post
    The results is going to wc setup 1 .the programm is calling G15 H01
    ok, let's try to get the coordinates from wcs1 : try this in mdi : VC1 = VZOFX [ 1 ], and check if VC1 will get the X coordinate for wcs1

if this won't work, please look for the gauging file, so to read data from it; that file should be located inside a folder ad0 bu0, hu0, i don't know, something like that ... if you wish, talk with your okuma dealer, so to guide you to search inside the system devices

if the file does not exist, it may be possible that the result is output only to the screen/monitor, not also to a file; to change this behaviour, you need to edit the value of the printer control variable, VPRT, but i don't know if this function is available for your machine; try this in mdi : VC1 = VPRT and/or VC1=VPCNT; if it works, will try to change it's value, so to print also to a file, but i don't know if this will work for your machine, thus it may not be enough to change the value of the system variable, if the function is not also implemented inside a macro; check attached

if you won't be able to find/create the file ( with gauging results ), then there is still an option left

what osp do you have ? kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

I have the OSP 300.

Downloads
    Uploads

i just found another thing, that should create the file, without involving the system variable VPRT

as shown in attached image, pls change #32.5 to 1, and go probe a hole : it should create A.MDF file ( let's hope that will put it inside MD1 )

#16.3 handles the case when the controller tries to write data inside the file, but the file was allready opened by the operator; leave that value as it is / kindly