okuma turn-cut option

Thread: okuma turn-cut option

Downloads
    Uploads

Default okuma turn-cut option

hi there.

anyone around here who has experience in the okuma option "turn-cut".
    I just got a brandnew multus u4000 but cannot (until now) find any explanation about it.
    Maybe someone here got an example program for a multus or a milling machine.

thx for now

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: okuma turn-cut option

hy duivenhok so far i did not used this function, but you may find some infos about it :

... look through the manuals that have been delivered with the machine, and search inside them " tun cut ", "turn-cut", etc; it may be inside the programing manual, or maybe inside the special-functions ? those manuals are located somewhere inside the controller; if you find infos inside them, it means that the machine is capable of this function

... inside igf, search for the turn-cut operation; if you find it there, it should mean that the function is installed, since igf reflects actual specs package

... newer machines, at least some hmc, have a specialized application ( interface ) for this function; i don't know if it comes as default, or you must download it ? i guess the okuma rep should now more about it

kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanx deadlykitten.
    Found it earlier today in the special functions manual
    I was told (by my boss)for sure that this option would be functional...... but of course.... nope
    Shame but still a awesome machine with 2 spindles (one big bore) 2 381mm chucks ,lower turret and double tool magazine for 80 tools total.

Downloads
    Uploads

special functions have to be ordered separately

maybe some of them are installed as default, but most of them are not there inside the standard package

try to ask for a quote for all of them, and see how much they cost

i don't know if turn-cut is on your machine ... be sure that you are entering the corect codes; if it is not there, you should receive a 'data-spec' error, if i remember

one big bore
    i don't know the available spindles for that cnc, but .... o wait, i have ( only ) the u4000 catalogue

yup, you should also have more power then the basic spindle

sometimes there is the big-bore option ( increased through ) and the big-bore high power ( increased through + increased output )

do you have Y on both, upper & lower ?

double tool magazine
    someone, somewhere, has a few machines, served by a single, common, magazine; imagine / kindly

ps : only for your reference, attached is the optional interface for the turn-cut

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Link to sample program attachment in #13 post.... not same as video sample

Downloads
    Uploads

hello super man

i watched that video, and i got hipnotized by the view from the part, that begins at 1:27

so i continued watching ( with little skipping ), and at 2:36, when motion radius increased, i realized that the reversal spike autoadjustment might have been developed to smooth out the turn cut motion

if the nurbs function only adjusts a few things so to achieve a better output ( thus optimization is done before running the program ), the reversal spike is analizing the output, so to smoouth out movement, at least for the next program cycle

well, all navi functions are analizing the output, so to take a decision

so far i always wondered where is the "reversal spike function" used, because the video that presents this function ( 1:25 below video ) does not show that the spindle phase is synced with XY ( and a big helix did not seemed to be reasonable to develop such a function )

kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

What are you smoking kitty ?
    ... you've got no idea how this works.... you seem to be guessing at how it's done.
    ... you make up terms not related to cnc machining... wtf is "reversal spike".
    ... nurbs function... I imagine is just for hi-speed milling, and not used when running this function.

ps.... this is an added option to a milling machine, you would be pulling your hair out programming this....

ahh wtf, go for it, bust a boiler, it'll keep you out of everybody's hair.

as to your last question.... it's none of your business.

Last edited by Superman; 02-02-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

reversal spike
    maybe that peak effort when you jog/feed an axis, and suddenly change direction

you would be pulling your hair out programming this
    i can program it without doubts, also kurmay did a nice job with "n side profile cutter macro"

however, even if the program exists, it won't perform nice without the cnc special function

take care

Downloads
    Uploads

[ reversal spike & turn-cut ]

this phenomenon is symmetrical for horizontal axis, but is not symmetrical for vertical ( or tilted ) axis, because of spindle/turret weight

as a result, motion is discontinued, accuracy is decreased, etc

this happens all the time, especially during (re)positioning, but it matters more when it happens during cutting, and it may be a real problem when precision parts are machined

if you are square pocketing on a vmc, the result is not a perfect rectangle ( image 01 ), there is a small gap between points A & E, AB < CD, BC < DE, but this does not matter in most cases, because :
    ... in the end, you recut again the 1st 2-5 mm of the toolpath
    ... all these differences are happening at a scale which does not affect considerably the desired tolerance of common parts
    *the gap ( between A E ) is smaller on a newer machine, and it increases with time ( backlash )

if you are turn-cutting, on a hmc, result is not a perfect circle ( image 02 ), especially at the quadrants ( 0 90 180 270 ) :
    ... motion is affected more at upper & lower quadrant, mostly because spindle mass speeds up the motion ( when going down ), or puts a break ( when going up )
    ... at left & right quadrant, motion is affected mostly because of inertia & backlash

the reversal spike adjustment is there to minimize the effect caused by gravity, inertia and backlash, when an axis changes direction

low-cost solution : if the machine would be in outer-space, gravity won't matter, so the reversal spike would be decreased / kindly