Newbie How do I find and edit a subroutine program on Okuma OSP-U100L Control?

Thread: How do I find and edit a subroutine program on Okuma OSP-U100L Control?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do I find and edit a subroutine program on Okuma OSP-U100L Control?

I have never programmed an Okuma lathe before and could use some help finding a particular subroutine file so I can edit the SFM on a parting tool.

The subroutine line reads as such:
    CALL OTRAN LGH1=4.746+.5. DIA1=2.625

This is a subspindle machine and this is the part transfer portion of the program, hence the TRAN subroutine name. When I navigate to the program directory, I can only find files with a .MIN file extension. Could you please provide the key strokes to help me find the TRAN program on my 20 year old Okuma LB300-W with an OSP-U100L control?

Thank you for your help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do I find and edit a subroutine program on Okuma OSP-U100L Control?

The default file search is for *.MIN
    ... you need to search for OTRAN.* to find that file, it may have a .LIB extension... which is an ASCII code file (readable text)

ps... it may not be a file called OTRAN .... check inside any .LIB file, could also be a .SSB file

Last edited by Superman; 01-31-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do I find and edit a subroutine program on Okuma OSP-U100L Control?

hello, search "otran" string inside the file content

it may help to get all program files out of the machine, and use an in-file search / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your response Superman. I tried searching for OTRAN and came up empty. Unfortunately, all I can see in my program directory are files with the .MIN file extension. I don't see any .LIB or .SSB file extensions. I may take deadly kitten's advice and try to get all of the programs out of the control and use an in-file search.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try doing a DIR *.* as way of listing ALL files in the default storage folder

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Try doing a DIR *.* as way of listing ALL files in the default storage folder
    I tried searching in two locations.. only produced .min extensions. I'm thinking I'm simply not looking in the right location. I even tried with the "key switch" (edit lock/unlock) turned off and on. When I search for a .LIB or .SBB extension, it only returns a “command character error”. Would you be able to provide the control keystrokes you use to search for a file?

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried searching in two locations
    hi, you should search 1st of all inside the system device folders; should be some folders named like ad0 ad1 bu0 md1, etc

but hey, now, you can run that program, thus it works, but you only wish to edit it ? ok, so the key is inside the main program file, that allready runs

if this is a simple *.min, then the otran has to be located in the same folder like the *.min program that you are running now ( it may be inside the min, or inside another file; i guess there are not so many files )

if the program is called from a *.sdf, then inside that *.sdf may be specified the path for the otran soubroutine; if there is no specific path inside the *.sdf, then you have to look inside the folder where the *.min is located

if you use "program select, or something" then the file is *.min
    if you use " schedul program select, or something" then the file is *.sdf

is it clear, as mud ? i hope that there is a bit of sense in what i said / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Very clear deadlykitten. We have had success locating the .SSB file. Thank you for all of your help!

Next problem. I want to slow the parting tool feed rate from .015" ipr to .007" ipr .150" away from the X axis center line. The only F value in the TRAN subroutine is an F30. How does F30 equate to .015" ipr, or is this a variable that I have to modify elsewhere?

Downloads
    Uploads

please share the otran subroutine

you know, to dig it a bit, and see how 30 = 0.015 just saying .... well, maybe F30 is G94, and you wish for F0.015 G95

2000 * 0.015 = 30, so rpm should be 2000

if you wish for a good tip when parting off + part transfer, check post 24 in here https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma...n-lathe-2.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am a cutting tool sales rep. trying to assist a customer with this problem. I will be in front of his machine next Wednesday and will have access to the program. I have never used a G94 for turning, and that would explain why the F30 was foreign to me. Thank you for schooling me on that, and for sharing the link as well. We are definitely further ahead than when we first began.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never used a G94 for turning
    hello, yup, turning may be g95, while milling may be g94; both sides of the same coin

most programmers that i know are sticking only to g94; whatever

in most cases, speed is achieved by rotating a potentiometer, and only the person who wrote the program maybe will think that the feed just changed from 0.10 to 0.12, etc

i use g95 for feeding, and g94 for repositioning ( when i wish to avoid the rapid ), or for force/contact operations ( torque skip, pullers, stock stuff, etc )

I want to slow the parting tool feed rate from .015" ipr to .007" ipr ... only F value in the TRAN subroutine is an F30
    this is interesting : if code is written in G94, then how was that guy aware that the feed is ipr ? especially if he/she could not find that soubroutine ?