Need Help! Threading full depth i one cut OSP5020L

Thread: Threading full depth i one cut OSP5020L

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Threading full depth i one cut OSP5020L

Hello.

This is propably very basic but I have not yet found a way.

I want to cut at thread in only one cut, for example to remove burrs after a finish cut or add some extra threading passes because of deflection whitout having to go thru the intire cutting cycle.
    Is there a easy way to do such thing in the One Touch IGF?

Thanks!

Best regards

Samuel.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Threading full depth i one cut OSP5020L

Probably need to use a G33 thread cutting cycle.This code will allow you to program the X axis position i.e. one cut pass.Since I don't have a manual handy at the moment, you will need to look up your own.

Downloads
    Uploads

if you are using the g71 for threading i would try something like the code below

G71X.750Z-.250B60D.011H.011J48F1

I would make d and h the same numbers and omit the u to avoid the second pass
    also make the rpm and stating point the same for your deburring pass

d= depth of cut in the first thread cutting cycle (expressed in dia.)
    u= finishing allowance (expressed in dia. no finishing is performed if u is omitted )
    h= thread height (expressed in dia.)

Downloads
    Uploads

hello vesene, just like broby said, pls check attached about g33 + more goodies

if you are going to use g33 after another threading code, be sure to use same rpm ( just like rcs60 said ); this involves both codes to use the same start spindle phase

you may achieve custom infeed paterns by changing start_Z or Q

it may be possible to use also G71 with custom parameters, just like rcs60 said, but so far i have not tried this ...

if you are going to use a custom G71, you may simply copy-paste the threading operation inside igf, and edit the copy; for g33 you will need to insert a g-code sequence, and write the code inside it

remove burrs after a finish cut or add some extra threading passes because of deflection whitout having to go thru the intire cutting cycle
    if you wish, pls specify what kind of burrs you wish to remove :
    ... near end or start of thread
    ... after last pass
    ... ocasional burrs, among intermediate passes ?

sometimes, a bigger insert may behave better then a smaller insert ... just saying, i don't know your setup

if you wish, i may give you a code sample / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies. I will try this out.
    It is mostly for situations with deflection this will be needed in my case.
    Is there maybe a way to add finish passes inside the G71? So that the insert cuts att full depth x number of times? That would be the most efficient I think.

Best regards
    Samuel.

Downloads
    Uploads

I wold say that you could only get a single final pass but you could put in a u of .0001 to get 2 passes
    otherwise i would use G33 for the thread and use the last g33 multiple times

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again experiment a bit with G71, so to make it deliver only a single cut / one shot / spring pass, etc

also G33 will do it

for situations with deflection
    try a lower rpm ?!

i recently had to deal with threading at increased distance from the chuck, without tailstock

check this code :

Code:
        CALL OQ***   V08 = 05 V10 = 0
        CALL OQ***   V08 = 00 V10 = 0.008
    ... V08 : doc
    ... V10 : start_z_shift / phase_shift, etc

code represents last 2 passes :
    ... penultimate is cutting 0.05
    ... last one is going on same X ( spring pass ), but it is shifted 8um among Z

if tuned nice, this trick reduces cutting forces ( insert will cut only on one side, and not on both ), and it may allow finish passes without deflection, even if there is deflection on rough passes

it is kind of a custom infeed, that enlarges the thread section, but is all ok as long as the shape is within tolerances

kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

I think you can do it in IGF by making H=D, setting U=0 and using M74 infeed pattern.

Otherwise RCS60 is on the right track for outside of IGF.

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello threading with a single cut does not require infeed pattern

but, if you use a threading code without infeed pattern, and after that you repeat threading with different patterns, will the real thread remain the same ? like this, all threading codes ( regardless of using an infeed pattern, or number of passes ), should have the last pass ( finish pass ) syncronized; i never tested this, but i suppose it works this way

by using G33 i always know how much spindle phase deviation is required for each pass when using a custom infeed; to achieve a spring pass, with G33, i recall last spindle phase + doc=0; i can also control the angles from attached image :
    ... 1st angle will shift Z start position, with major effect on threads with pitch > classical_z_safe position ( if you use Z2.5 on a thread with pitch>2.5, last passes may encounter a shock )
    ... 2nd angle will shift Z end position, with major effect on threads without relief ( if that angle is too tilted, because of a custom infeed pattern, it will add stress to the insert near thread end; this can be managed )

at the begining, it was harder and more time consuming then writing a G71, but with proper tools, it is faster it is full control

however, i will try to test if G71 can deliver a single cut / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    I think you can do it in IGF by making H=D, setting U=0 and using M74 infeed pattern
    hello mr Wizard yup, it works; same for M75

M73, which is default, always uses fix amounts like D/2 D/4 and D/8, while M74 and 75 don't use such fix amounts

however, even if G71 M74 or G33 is used, in both cases, is needed a G-code sequence inside igf, or to edit the min file

Quote Originally Posted by vesene View Post
    I want to cut at thread in only one cut, for example to remove burrs after a finish cut or add some extra threading passes because of deflection whitout having to go thru the intire cutting cycle
    hello again vesene

it seems like you are looking for a way to fix something that is not delivered properly by the default cycle

it means that a default threading cycle may fail, but the solution to fix it will always work

so why continuing using the default cycle ?

if such situations will repeat, one day, you may need a different approach / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

hello, i recently had to deal with some parts with 3-10 leads, that where programmed in igf, and there was a need to run a few more finish-passes

so i remembered this thread, and i compared these 2 codes :

Code:
    // spring pass using G71 :
    G71 X192.30 Z-170 H D0.2 U0.04 B60 F M22 M73 M33
    G71 X192.26 Z-170 D3 H3 F M74 G95

// spring pass using G33 :
    G71 X192.30 Z-170 H D0.2 U0.04 B60 F M22 M73 M33
    G33 X192.26 Z-170 F G95

both of them work; only that G33 is shorter, while G71 requires adding D H & M74

and there is another thing, which makes an important difference : if you wish to cut some spring passes only on the 2nd lead, thus to jump over the 1st lead, then you may use G33 C36, or G71 & Z_start_shift = pitch ( of course, also G33 will work if Z_start is shifted )

when there are many leads, trying to cut a spring pass on the last lead, using G71, will change your Z_start with an important value, leading to time loss ( cutting air ), or to a clearance that will crash the tailstock

a nice thing about G33 is that it allows changing the spindle phase, while G71 can not do that

this operation was long, material was tough, and there was a big chance to have the insert broken after a few leads, making it impossible to continue, so i started by cutting at doc1 all leads, then increasing the doc across all leads, and so on, so, instead of finishing the leads one-by-one, i finished them all together

using G33 is harder then using G71, especially for infeed patterns, so maybe is ok to have a piece of software to help you

in the end, G33 will always do what G71 does, will perform faster on any infeed patern because it can keep same z_start, it can deliver custom infeeds, + other things / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

I want to cut at thread in only one cut, for example to remove burrs after a finish cut or add some extra threading passes because of deflection whitout having to go thru the intire cutting cycle.
    Is there a easy way to do such thing in the One Touch IGF?
    hy vesene, hy all my threading codes are not simple, so i use them only when simple codes fail ( it requires time to create the custom code )

about igf, pls find attached an image with explanations about how i code spring passes

please, notice that sometimes i repeat not only the last pass, but also a few before : this trick is ok when threading was done using a partial insert, because such inserts have a tendency to create burrs on the cilindrical diameter of the thread; to remove these burrs, is required to re-cut the cilinder ( after threding ) , and this action won't remove all the burrs, but have a big chance to tilt most of them 90*, inside the thread section; when the spring pass begins, all these tilted burrs will put extra stress on the cutting edge, unless several spring passes are used

code 4 partial insert may be : threading + recut cilinder + 1 or more spring passes + maybe other finishing operations ( recut cilinder + spring pass again, or chamfers deburr, etc ) / kindly