hello

each time a program is reset + executed again, it must not reset the counting variable

ways to deal with this :

1) using VRSTT inside the code, so to restart the code instead of normal executing it; VRSTT will make sure that the counter is not reseted during a restart sequence, but it also requires the operator to always restart an interrupted program; this means more operator load, and if he forgets to restart, then this method will fail

2) tricky code; it will definetly work as long as bar's length is always the same

Code:

V02 = 30 ( how many parts / loops / cycles / moon phases, etc )

( * )

IF [ V01 NE V02 ] NSKIP
          V01 = 0
    NSKIP

N000  // program

V01 = V01 + 1
    IF [ V01 LE V02 ] N000
3) if bars have different length, then "total number of parts" must be changed accordingly; last year i had to deal with many such bars, so i created attached programs; each one shows explicity in it's name the bar length that it can handle, and the total number of parts that it will deliver

i like to call such programs as "presetters"

i always run such programs before running the main program ( pls check attached )

4) if i wish to deal with different bar lengths, but without using presseting programs, than i may craft a special holder which checks ( G22 ) if there is still enough material left inside the jaws

5) on long-term setups, to deal with different bar lengths and faces that are tilted differently after being saw cut, i use a combo of "presetting + auto Z + custom interface", which drastically reduces operator time and allows fast customization near the cnc

girls arround here really enjoy it, especially after making it more user-friendly, but this is a story for another time

it is a pretty optimized thing, and this is his offspring : https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma...-reloaded.html

kindly