Okuma Twin Star LT200-MY Turret alignment

Thread: Okuma Twin Star LT200-MY Turret alignment

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma Twin Star LT200-MY Turret alignment

We recently acquired a used Okuma Twin Star LT200-MY lathe. The B turret is out 0.01" when indicating across the tool post mounting surface using the Z axis. Does anyone have a procedure on how to adjust the alignment for this. Ive done this on many other lathes but not one like this.I cant find any jacking screws for the adjustment. Info for this machine seems to be very hard to come by.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma Twin Star LT200-MY Turret alignment

hi onyx, i don't have such a multitasking cnc, even if i wish for ... but did you strip it ? did you inspect it well ?

I cant find any jacking screws for the adjustment
    depends on lathe type / brand; some lathes have screws especially for such adjustments, while other require the alignment to be done by a bit of turret pushing with a crowbar, etc

not all have screws designed especially for adjusting the alignment

The B turret is out 0.01"
    is ok; A turret is harder to align, especially with Y spec, because it is more tilted then a regular one

i am sorry, i can't give you exact infos, since i don't have such a cnc / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't indicated A yet, It cuts well and on size. B does not, tool is below center and Z inclination is out as i mentioned. I have stripped the way covers off. There are no adjustment bolts to be found. The entire Turret assembly is bolted to the 4 linear bearings directly, running on the rails for the lower carousel. Then the lower carousel is bolted directly to the Z linear bearings running on the rails mounted to the bed. I don't see where i can adjust it unless i loosen off the mounting bolts for the linear bearings. Before I do that i was hoping to find some info.

Downloads
    Uploads

pls wait a bit, maybe someone with experience will reply; it may happen in next few minutes, maybe a couple of days

all i can do, is ask you for some photos, from many angles, so to have an idea about machine layout; maybe i can help ?!

also consider contacting your local okuma rep, maybe gosiger ? maybe you will receive precious indications only after making a phone-call

tool is below center
    do you believe that tool will be on center after you align Z axis ? do you have Y on B turret ? kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...