Change multiple Okuma system variables at once?

Thread: Change multiple Okuma system variables at once?

Default Change multiple Okuma system variables at once?

Okuma MX55VB OSP 7000M

So I was using a touch sensor w/light to set my work offsets and now got a Haimer 3D sensor.

I use a micrometer style pre-setter to get tool length offsets using the tip of the touch sensor as 0 reference. So any tool longer than my touch sensor had a + offset and shorter tools a - offset.

Now my Haimer is longer than the touch sensor I was using and I wondered if I can enter in MDI to subtract say .927 from all the tool length offsets (VTOFH 1-99) instead of re-measuring each tool offset?

Hope that all makes sense!!
    Thank You! Carl

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by MO Metal; 10-04-2018 at 09:28 AM. Reason: grammer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Change multiple Okuma system variables at once?

hello mometal, everything fine ? did you got stucked into those fancy light-zeros, haimers, etc ?

yeah, screw it

ok ... there are several ways to handle it; let's begin simple : instead of modifing all the tools, why don't you modify only the offset for the haimer ?

if you don't modify the haimer, but all other tools instead, then you will need to modify each time a new tool is put inside a pot .... think about your future man

the complex answer involves modifing the zero reference plane for offsets and program zeros / ding for more infos; kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

I'll probably end up re-measuring my tools.

In MDI I can set an offset (if I would enter an offset for my Haimer) but when I switch to manual mode to find the WCS of my part it reverts to 0 offset.

Thanks for your help.

Carl

Downloads
    Uploads

my deer hunter mometal, i don't have experience with osp7000, but with osp300 however, even so, if i switch from MDI to MANUAL, tool corection ( offset ) will be lost

to keep the corections active & still be able to move the axis, i activate the MANUAL INTERVENTION inside MDI

i have attached image 01 with osp300 buttons layout :
    ... there are 3 buttons up-rigth: auto mdi manual
    ... there is 1 button down, for mid-auto-manual ( zoom a bit ), that i press inside MDI mode
    * for your machine, maybe image 02 helps

if it is not possible to achieve same behaviour, i would advice to simply move the taster in manual and touch the part/fixture/etc, after that switch to MDI, and call the offset, then input the origin

if you go in MDI and call the offset, will the haimer move? so in the end, even if the offset will be active, you will lose the contact position between haimer & part ? so, when you activate an offset, is Z stationary, or Z moves ? if Z moves, i am afraid i can't help / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

You certainly can modify all your tool offsets by a fixed amount. Set V1=.997 then write a short loop program that will walk through all of your tool offsets.
    V2=1
    N1 VTOFH[V2] = VTOFH[V2]+V1
    V2=V2+1
    IF[V2 LE 99] N1
    M2

Like deadly, I don't think it's the right way. Shifting your zero offset essentially shifts all of your tool offsets anyway so why not use it the way it's designed to be used. Once an offset is touched off, there is no need to change it until it's replaced.

While we are on the subject of changing multiple variables, it's possible to change may things on one line of code. I've read 8 inputs into 8 variables and set 8 additional variable registers in 1 block of code. Your limitation is that the line can be no longer than 256 characters. Multiple lines can be joined into one by using the $ sign at the beginning of the second + line. A space is needed between commands. This is also helpful in reducing single block lines and reducing cycle time slightly. Of course you can't use "conflicting" code such as trying to set two variables and do math with them on the same line.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello mr Wizard, codes below are sorted from lowest to fastest execution speed; c&d are pretty similar

NOEX has a boost effect <> then &

Of course you can't use "conflicting" code such as trying to set two variables and do math with them on the same line
    once i also thought of such a thing, like all these in same line V1=1 V2=2 V3=V1+V2, but i quit, because :
    ... even if it worked once, i was not sure if it will always work
    ... sometimes my code lines are pretty long, and i like to align them both horizontally and vertically, to increase legibility, etc; if i would join those lines, i would end-up pretty fast with a line lenght > limit, and code aesthetics would be lost ( a kitty has shiny paws )
    ... i wish to develop programing applications, that won't require editing nor viewing the code ( kind of an excuse to be messy )

kindly

[/CODE]

a)

V1 = 1
    V2 = 2
    V3 = 3

b)

V1 = 1 V2 = 2 V3 = 3

c)

NOEX V1 = 1 V2 = 2 V3 = 3

d)

NOEX V1 = 1
    NOEX V2 = 2
    NOEX V3 = 3

[CODE]

Could someone enlighten me on how its designed to be used? As in setting tool offsets and work offsets.

Thank You,
    Carl

Last edited by MO Metal; 10-08-2018 at 09:20 AM. Reason: sentence structure

Downloads
    Uploads

hi mometal this thread is about putting the offset on that haimer

... take a zero on something ( part face, etc ) like how you are use to, how you have done so far
    ... call the haimer
    ... manual mode ( no tool corection active )
    ... put the haimer on that surface ( haimer red dial indicator should be at lower 0, and black indicator at upper 0; pls check attached image, there are some infos inside it )
    ... go inside haimer offset, and put a random value ( like 15 )
    ... go in MDI, call offset for haimer ( machine Z axis should show something <>0; like 58.953 )
    ... now reset the cnc, and modify haimers offset with 58.953
    ... go in MDI and call offset for haimer again; if it's not 0, then it means you must have had modified the offset not with "58.953", but with the negative value : "-58.953"

i hope you find these useful