SET LIMIT DISTANCE FOR TOOL

Thread: SET LIMIT DISTANCE FOR TOOL

Downloads
    Uploads

Default SET LIMIT DISTANCE FOR TOOL

HELLO ALL,
    I WANT TO WRITE A MACRO TO SET LIMIT DISTANCE MOVEMENT ON Z-AXIS FOR A SPECIFIC TOOL.
    THE STORY WAS THE OPERATOR HIT THE TURRET TO THE CHUCK. ZERO TOOL OFFSET WAS SET CORRECTLY (GROOVE TOOL IN THIS CASE ), SOFT LIMIT WAS SET (BASE ON MASTER TOOL# 5) BUT THE PROGRAM WAS WRONG.
    IS THERE ANY SYSTEM VARIABLES TO STORE THE POSITION OF THE TOOL SO THAT WE CAN LIMIT THE MOVEMENT OF IT ON Z-AXIS?
    THANKS

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SET LIMIT DISTANCE FOR TOOL

hi nocodhau

ZERO TOOL OFFSET WAS SET CORRECTLY (GROOVE TOOL IN THIS CASE ), SOFT LIMIT WAS SET (BASE ON MASTER TOOL# 5) BUT THE PROGRAM WAS WRONG
    pls explain what means " program was wrong " :
    ... if program_zero was not ok, then you may avoid a crash by checking the value of Z_origin ( VSZOZ )
    ... if program_zero was ok, but toolpath was not ok, then pls continue reading : there are few solutions listed below

IS THERE ANY SYSTEM VARIABLES TO STORE THE POSITION OF THE TOOL SO THAT WE CAN LIMIT THE MOVEMENT OF IT ON Z-AXIS?
    if i get it right, you wish to protect the machine from a toolpath that causes interference, when it uses a tool that is corectly measured ?

for example, if you use an od knife, that has good offsets, you wish to be sure that the knife won't go into the chuck ?

solution 1 : soubroutine that changes Z_negative_soft limit at each turret index, in respect to active_tool_z_offset ( i can write it ); downsides :
    ... a drill won't be able to cut deeper than chuck face
    ... a live tool holder may hit the chuck
    * i can handle each particular case from above; code will be more complex code, and custom declarations for each turret post will be required; is possible to do it, but i am not sure if it worth the time to do it ...

solution 2 : teach your operator to check each new program in step-by-step

solution 3 : use cas

solution 4 : load into the cnc only collision-free programs

kindly

ps : are you interested into minimizing the effects caused by a turret crash ? check this out :

[ protection during positioning ] : find the "torque value" parameter, and lower it as much as possible; should be inside "system parameters"
    [ protection during cutting ] : use a general load monitor address, for all axis : for example, at the begining of the program, i load 80%limit into all axis : XZCYM; no limit in S

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

YES, TOOL-PATH PROBLEM. HE SHOULD WATCH OUT DURING THE SETUP BUT YOU KNOW THERE IS NO WAY TO AVOID THE HUMAN ERROR, RIGHT?
    AND I THINK A LOT OF OUR MACHINES HERE DO NOT SUPPORT VSZOZ. I CAME ACROSS YOUR THREAD TALKING ABOUT VSIOZ COMMAND TARGET POINT AND VAPAZ ACTUAL POSITION. HOW DO THEY WORK?
    IF I HAVE G01 X2.5 Z0
    G01 Z-5.8 ... V1=VSIOZ
    SO THE V1 WILL SHOW -5.8 AFTER EXECUTING THE G01 Z-5.8 LINE, RIGHT?
    AND WHAT IS CAS?

Downloads
    Uploads

HE SHOULD WATCH OUT DURING THE SETUP BUT YOU KNOW THERE IS NO WAY TO AVOID THE HUMAN ERROR, RIGHT?
    a trained operator and safety program soubroutines and real procedures ( like working clean, organized working place, etc ) should reduce the frequency and effects of human error

.... however, there is the chaos theory

AND I THINK A LOT OF OUR MACHINES HERE DO NOT SUPPORT VSZOZ
    just test it, maybe it works ?

that soubroutine for changing Z_negative_soft_limit requires the system variable VNVLZ ... just saying

TALKING ABOUT VSIOZ COMMAND TARGET POINT AND VAPAZ ACTUAL POSITION. HOW DO THEY WORK?
    IF I HAVE G01 X2.5 Z0
    G01 Z-5.8 ... V1=VSIOZ
    SO THE V1 WILL SHOW -5.8 AFTER EXECUTING THE G01 Z-5.8 LINE, RIGHT?
    yup, V1 will be 5.8, -5.8 ( whatever ), but not after executing the line " G01 Z-5.8 "

in reality, V1 will be updated during the execution of the line " G01 Z-5.8 "; kind of ...

more precise, the read ahead buffer will continue reading the program in ahead, and it will reach the line " G01 Z-5.8 "; the buffer will record this line and proceed to the next line, which contains " V1=VSIOZ "; it will also read this line, but it won't continue reading other lines, because this last line contains a "buffer prohibit code = VSIOZ"

a " buffer prohibit code " does not allow the read-ahead buffer to continue reading the next lines, unless the execution line has reached the " buffer prohibit code ", and the confirmation for it's execution had been received

well, let's go back to the code, and explain what happens :
    ... the buffer has inside it "n" lines, and the last 2 lines are "G1 Z-5.8 and V1=VSIOZ"
    ... one line of code was executed, so now the buffer has only "n-1" lines inside
    ... another line was executed, so now the buffer has "n-2" lines
    ... the line before "G1 Z-5.8" was executed, so now the buffer has only 2 lines inside
    ... "G1 Z-5.8" is executed, so now the buffer has only 1 line inside
    ... now, the "execution line" has reached the " buffer line ", and in this moment "V1=VSIOZ" is executed; the control will read the VSIOZ value and drop it inside V1

... when the execution of the line "V1=VSIOZ" begins, Z axis is still moving towards -5.8 ( or it just begin moving to -5.8 )
    ... i don't know if "V1=VSIOZ" is executed right after the begining of executing "G1 Z-5.8", or after receiving the confirmation for executing "G1 Z-5.8" ( i guess i will find out soon )
    line "G1 Z-5.8" is considered executed ( execution confirmation ) only when " actual_Z - [ - 5.8 ] "<= droop_value
    ... the read-ahead will continue reading only after "V1=VSIOZ" was executed; it may be possible that Z axis is still moving towards -5.8 when read-ahead is begining to read the line after "V1=VSIOZ"; the execution confirmation for "V1=VSIOZ" is received faster if NOEX is used : " NOEX V1 = VSIOZ "

i don't use VAPAZ a lot

WHAT IS CAS?
    maybe i am wrong, but arround there don't you have a machine with osp300 ? you did not received training about cas ?

https://www.okuma.eu/technologies/in...idance-system/

also this video ( listen to the music bit; makes your head go on a technical picking relaxation )

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    i don't know if "V1=VSIOZ" is executed right after the begining of executing "G1 Z-5.8", or after receiving the confirmation for executing "G1 Z-5.8" ( i guess i will find out soon )
    Code:
        V1 = 0

G00 X500 Z250
            X200 Z0
        G01      Z-50  F250 G94
        V1 = VSIOZ
                 Z-100
        V1 = VSIOZ
        G00 X500 Z250

M02

( if program is started & runned in step-by-step, then "V1 = VSIOZ" is executed after )
    (receiving confirmation from "G01 Z-50  F250 G94"; the machines stops after the )
    (line "G01 Z-50  F250 G94", and at next green_button_push, V1 will became -50 )

( if program is started normally, but step-by-step is pressed during the )
    (execution of "G01 Z-50 F250 G94", then V1 is 0 during the travel, and after Z )
    (reaches -50, V1 will be updated to -50 and the machine will stop; in this very )
    (moment, even if the execution/arrow_simbol did not reach the line "V1 = VSIOZ", that )
    (line was allready executed; this happened because it's content was allready loaded )
    (inside the buffer ) 
    conclusion 12503 : a block that contains only a buffer-prohibit-code may be executed before the execution line reaches that block, only if its content was allready loaded inside the buffer

Code:
        V1 = 0

G00 X500 Z250
            X200 Z0
        G01      Z-50  F250 G94
                 Z-100 V1 = VSIOZ
        G00 X500 Z250  V1 = VSIOZ

M02

( if program is started & runned in step-by-step, V1 will )
    (became -50 when the executin of "Z-100 V1 = VSIOZ" begins )

( if program is started normally, and step-by-step is pressed )
    (during the execution of "G01 Z-50  F250 G94", then V1 will be )
    (0 during the travel; after Z axis will reach -50, V1 will became -50 )
    (and machine will stop )
    ( in this case V1 will became -50 before the execution/arrow_symbol reaches "Z-100 V1 = VSIOZ" )
    conclusion 12504 : a buffer-prohibit-code may be executed before the execution line reaches that block that contains the buffer-prohibit-code, only if its content was allready loaded inside the buffer