Need Help! OSP300L

Thread: Need Help! OSP300L

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need Help! OSP300L

Hello All,
    I am trying to use gaging in process to record data. I connect the gage into the machine and it detected the gage and I have to highlight the v1 (Common variable) and hit SET anytime before I hit the button on the gage to transfer the reading from gage to V1.
    Is there anyway to set the v1 receives the reading from gage as default so that I don't need to hit SET button.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help! OSP300L

hi nodochau, i have never used gaging on a lathe, but maybe i can help ...

if you can show more details about your procedure, maybe i will have an idea ( maybe a quick video and share it, so to see how it works and why you need to set up the variable, etc )

maybe is possible to set the value from code : V1 = whatever_default_value ? i don't know ... kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,
    Just came back from vacation.
    Actually, we use a digital pitch mic to measure the Pitch DIA. It is hooked up into the machine (LB3000, OSP 300S) via USB port. We want to read the measurement at V1 instead of read right inside the machine.
    right now the operator has to highlight the V1 in common variable window, hit SET button then hit the button on the Mic to transfer the result from Mic to the V1. Is there anyway to set the V1 to be the storage of data from the Mic so that he does not need to highlight V1-Set button?
    I just want him to hit the button on the Mic only. Another thought was if I hit the button on Mic to transfer the result to the machine control panel (screen), where does the data go? I came across with VIMDX, VIMDZ but they are not.

Thanks

QUOTE=deadlykitten;2207538]hi nodochau, i have never used gaging on a lathe, but maybe i can help ...

if you can show more details about your procedure, maybe i will have an idea ( maybe a quick video and share it, so to see how it works and why you need to set up the variable, etc )

maybe is possible to set the value from code : V1 = whatever_default_value ? i don't know ... kindly [/QUOTE]

Downloads
    Uploads

hi / does that digital mic creates a file inside the machine, or is it possible to make it create a log file ?

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again / some measuring devices are using a wireless-card or usb to write data inside a file

file is processed by a software, and it may :
    ... send corections to the machine
    ... create whatever custom document
    ... take a decision, etc

if your mic+usb has the possibility to write a file inside the controller, you may continue from there; creating that file may be possible with an extra-function ( additional software, etc ), thus you may need to discuss this with your mic provider / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again nodochau, pls consider also this setup : full treading insert + caliper with bigger jaws & wireless data transmision + go &no_go gauge + measure with the caliber only the od of the thread

check attached image, for the caliper; after runing a few test parts, you may discover the required tolerances

if you wish to verify those tolerances, than you need to dig a bit into the theory

is good to know the exact shape + tolerances of the threading insert and of the go & no_go gauges

a bit of math is required to compute the tolerances of the od, so to be sure that the flancs are in the correct position

in the end, you will shorten drastically the measuring time; this method needs a good analysis of the part tolerances and to be sure that the measuring accuracy can be trusted

if you wish for an example about how to setup all these, simply share the dimensions+tolerances of your thread / preferrably metric ... kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again / the reason why you have to manually input the value inside V1 is to create the conection between " measurement / mic " and " dimension "

for example, if you have a part with 3 dimensions, then you may need to select for each one a separate variable, in order to "tell" the controller who-is-who thus to tell the controller which dimension is measured ...

however, if you would write data inside a file, then it would be easier, because you may create the conection automatically, only by checking the range of the measured value : for example, if you have to measure 25+0.5 and 12±0.1, then is easy to "guess" which dimension has been measured

problems appear when dimensions have common ranges, for example 10+3 and 12.7±0.5 have a common area : 12.2...13, thus any value between 12.2...13 can be affiliated to both dimensions; even in this case, it may be possible to find a solution

if you could create the file with measurments inside the osp, i will help you from there / kindly

ps : still in vacation ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Okuma offers the "Size Catcher" option which allows for communication with digital gauges. Other wise GET, PUT, READ, WRITE can probably accomplish what you are after but will require development of your own.

Best regards

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your help and how to access to "size catcher". I have read about GET, PUT, READ AND WRITE but don't know how to.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Okuma offers the "Size Catcher" option which allows for communication with digital gauges. Other wise GET, PUT, READ, WRITE can probably accomplish what you are after but will require development of your own.

Best regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Really don't know how to create a file inside the Mic though

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hello again / some measuring devices are using a wireless-card or usb to write data inside a file

file is processed by a software, and it may :
    ... send corections to the machine
    ... create whatever custom document
    ... take a decision, etc

if your mic+usb has the possibility to write a file inside the controller, you may continue from there; creating that file may be possible with an extra-function ( additional software, etc ), thus you may need to discuss this with your mic provider / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Okuma offers the "Size Catcher" option which allows for communication with digital gauges
    hello mr Wizard, this sounds interesting ... pls, do you have more infos, some docs/ducks ?

Quote Originally Posted by nodochau View Post
    Really don't know how to create a file inside the Mic though
    hi nodochau, you should discuss this directly with the mic manufacturer, and not with a distribuitor / intermediary, etc

there are 3 things :
    ... the instrument ( caliper, micrometer, indicator, etc )
    ... the software
    ... data output hardware : cables / cards, etc

i would ask for a wireles card ( so to get rid of the usb cable ) and a software function that should write the measured value inside a file

if your mic provider has experimented persons in your area, then they may help you; otherwise try contacting a dealer for another brand

so far i have had such discussions with asimeto, keyence, and mitutoyo, and results were positive / kindly

ps : i have tested such equipments and they worked, but the machines are holding tolerances pretty well for our parts, so we did not buy such stuff yet; this is why i also recomended you another measuring method ( simpler, cheaper ), that may deliver, thus its accuracy may be more than enough for your setup

Downloads
    Uploads

Other wise GET, PUT, READ, WRITE can probably accomplish what you are after but will require development of your own
    hello again mr wizard if a file contains a random number of lines, is it possible to READ & GET the last value ? kindly