Problem OKUMA OSP-U10M - 4218 DNC-B communication error 308

Thread: OKUMA OSP-U10M - 4218 DNC-B communication error 308

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OKUMA OSP-U10M - 4218 DNC-B communication error 308

Hello everyone.

We have in our company an OKUMA OSP-U10P are it works great.

In terms of clarification, the machine works without any problem (except for the following problem). The machine runs all the programs without any trouble.

The only time we have some kind of trouble with it is when it's transmitting through DNC and we open some other program on the computer (like chrome, word, outlook, anything).
    When this happens, the communication stops and through an error that we describe below (from manual):

4218 DNC-B communication error 308
    Communication error occurred during communication with the host computer using the protocol A/B.
    • [Index] None
    • [Character-string]None
    • [Code] YZZ (hexadecimal)
    - Y: OSP state where the error occurred
    ? 3-> Alarm state or communication error state
    - ZZ: Cause
    ? 08-> Reception buffer overflow

- [Probable Faulty Locations]
    ? 01-> Communication parameters or NC optional parameters are wrongly set.
    ? 02-> Communication cable or, in rare case, RS232C I/F is faulty.
    ? 03-> Hardware, software, or their parameters of the host computer are faulty.

- [Measures to Take]
    ? 01-> Check the communication parameters related with the cable specifications (such as RS232C I/F channels used, parity, the number of stop bits, transfer code, end code, and baud rate) and the NC optional parameters. Correct improper parameters.
    ? 02-> Check the hardware, software, and their parameters of the host computer. 03->Check if the NC is connected with the channel for DNC-B and the communication cable is in normal state.

- [Related Specifications] DNC-B

Did anyone come across this error before? There any known solution for this? All the help is welcomed.

Thanks in advance,
    Jóni

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OKUMA OSP-U10M - 4218 DNC-B communication error 308

hi jonisantos / i am not sure, but it may be a priority class; the dnc & chrome, word, etc, may all have same priority

this means that the resources asociated with a running process are divided, and a new fraction is switched to the new launched process

this may lead to a subtle interuption of the dnc

if the dnc process would be asociated to a single cpu-core, and all other processes would be asociated to different cores, maybe you may avoid this error; try associating a single-core only to the dnc

try lowering the priority class for word, chrome, etc, or increase it for the dnc

try running a simpler application, that is less resource demanding : if dnc would be stable, than it may be a bus issue, that appears when applications with more resource demanding are launched; try using a more powerul pc

the controler no longer pings with the pc, or it receives a delayed answer; it may be possible that the hdd stops the data transfer, only for a fraction ( with negative impact especially if dnc read buffer has a reduced size ), so to read&load files of the new application ( try transfering data from a separate hdd )

the problem is not related to the dnc transfer, because it is stable on its own; it is more related to the way the dnc software and the pc manages available resources

contact the guy that developed that dnc ? kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi deadlykitten and thanks for the answer.

I will check it as soon as possible and return here with a conclusion about it.

Best regards, joni

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello again,

I did increase the priority class for the DNC. The same happened.

I will try to run it from an updated version of the software and then I get back with more results.

Best Regards, jóni