Problem Axis lubrication issues

Thread: Axis lubrication issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Axis lubrication issues

Our shop switched from Vactra to Fuchs WL68 waylube about 3 or 4 months ago. Now on 2 Cadet Mate ES-V 4020's with OSP700M control I'm getting Alarm C 3709 x - Lube pressure still on (sp1). Could this be because of the different waylube we switched to?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Axis lubrication issues

hi, random questions :
    ... are there charts of lube oil consumption ?
    ... also does the operator inspect the machine to lube at least 2 times / day ?
    ... is the lube oil cost a major player, so to replace the recomended oil with something else ? will the shop ruin if Vactra will increase prices with 200% ?

i have replaced the recomanded oil with something else, and i had experienced problems; also i had experienced problems with the recomended oil, during summer, when temperature was high; i also experienced problems with cold cnc

just saying / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure of any charts, I'll look through the books.
    The problem axis lube spot happens to be under the way covers for the Y axis so the operators do not inspect to that degree
    Lube oil cost isn't that big of a deal, we switched because we went with a different vendor for coolant and so we tried to use them for all oils.
    I have a pale of the Vactra coming in today and I will switch out one machine and give an update.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

hi i have a table with daily production; i talked with the operator, whenever he fills the lube tank, to mark that day with a pink marker

for same lube parameters value, lube consumption varies a lot between " machining series = setup lasts many days " and " machining from time to time = many setups / day"

some lube oil goes into the coolant tank, and i can see it leaking on the covers; a trained eye should inspect this more often, like a daily basis

i have also received offers for lube oil and coolants, etc, and when i had replaced the lube oil, with an equivalent type, i had clogged the filters / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Another thing to watch for is parafin based oils. Mixing them with non parafin based may cause the parafin to drop out that can clog your lube nozzles. Ask your oil rep. And check for snot like buildup in your lube lines. Some coolants can also cause the parafin to drop out. I generally avoid them for these reasons.

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    And check for snot like buildup in your lube lines.
    hello mr Wizard, last time when i removed the covers to clean the chips, i also visualy inspected the lube pipes : i also thought of inside build-up, but i have no clue how to check or remove it. Should i consider using compressed air, etc ? lathes are in good condition, or at least i like to believe so / kindly

Quote Originally Posted by 2015imsjfw View Post
    The problem axis lube spot happens to be under the way covers for the Y axis so the operators do not inspect to that degree.
    hi imsjfw / it may be possible to check for the lube presence, by simply executing a full travel with the X or with the Y axis, and see if lube oil is gathering at the base; if you stop and continue this movement, for several times, something like lube oil lines should appear, just like in attached photo

in time, a trained operator may see the lube oil without executing this full travel

however, if your lubing is executed on an area that is not visible, than i really have no clue what to say ( i don't know your machine )

somehow i have the same problem with the mill, where lubing is done by a vaseline pump, and is not possible to see where this vaseline is going / kindly