1996 lb15ii osp7000L questions

Thread: 1996 lb15ii osp7000L questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1996 lb15ii osp7000L questions

Hello all.
    Have just taken delivery of said machine. I am not an okuma guy and know zero about this control.
    Couple of questions.
    Is rs232 standard or optional? Previous owner transferred data via the floppy drive.
    Does this control take standard Fanuc code as I program in mastercam for my Fanuc machines.
    The control has IGF is that easy to program with?

Cheers in advance

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1996 lb15ii osp7000L questions

I'll try to put info in "Fanuc" language....
    RS232 should be available, I think it uses a 25 pin DIN plug .... should be on the control's cabinet ... cable needs to be special ( don't assume same as Fanuc, but similar)
    .... inbuilt Okuma software is termed "PIP" .... Punch(read out of control) or Read ( ... obvious ) ( language of old paper tape usage)
    & you can setup CIMCO to transfer the files in or out ( in Mastercam )

- DNC remote ( drip feed ) not really used on a 3 axis lathe

NC code is very similar to Fanuc
    ... a little different in work offset code G54 verses G15P(number)
    ... subs placed after the M30 in the same file Use Okuma for a while, & you'll hope not to go back to a Fanuc machine .... get to know the control ... it has more tricks than you can imagine

IGF or 1-Touch.... good idea to use, great for simple programming, usually faster than doing it thru Mastercam for those simple jobs...
    - ( you need to control the memory used by IGF, have a method to offload those files... limited space can be a frustration at the most critical time )

You will be pleasantly surprised what this older control can really do ....
    PS .... it is bloody fast on full auto......
    PSS... rapid override is controllable with feedrate pot only when in single block mode

Russ (Mastercam reseller ) should have an Okuma post.... I had a generic Fanuc post modified to suit Okuma code... so, they can't be that different

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1996 lb15ii osp7000L questions

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes I see the rs232 port on the control but was unsure if it was an option or standard.i was dreading using floppy discs
    The control looked much more feature packed than my Fanuc om and ot controls of similar age.
    Sounds like i have some learning to do.