LB15 with OSP5020l-g controller sub routines

Thread: LB15 with OSP5020l-g controller sub routines

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy LB15 with OSP5020l-g controller sub routines

Morning All.

We are running the above machine and one of our operators has accidently deleted all of our sub routines we had in machine.

We had a subroutine for Parting off. Where we copy a bit into end of programme and plug the relevant figures into.
    None of us are sure how this was written as its always been within the machine. Also had another for a Barpuller. mainly .SSB files and a .SDF file.

Are these standard with the software or have these been written way back when the machine was put into our shop.

We are hoping out computer centre can pull up backups from the old computer(which have all been upgraded) If not we may have to get a applications engineer out to look and show us how two write the relevant coding.

Hope this all makes sense.

James

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LB15 with OSP5020l-g controller sub routines

hi / at least on osp 300, in case of a wrong deletion, you may run a windows search and find some back-up files, at least for igf

maybe there is folder with back-up content also on your controller

is good to consider preventive data back-up; kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

can you post some of the main program to let people look at to see what was being done within that program
    this might tell if it is okuma sub programs or a sub programs made by someone after the machine was purchased

Downloads
    Uploads

someone should check his programs and the call statements within them, so to rebuild those soubroutines accorrdingly with the input parameters ( this is kind of a 'wear' job; i don't know the english expression, but i guess there is something ... )

it may be better to start from 0, than to adapt

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Morning All.

Thanks for the replies.

So the most common bit we would copy into a programme is a Part off. The bit we copy is as follows.

CALL OPART SMAX=XXXX ZBAK=XXXX TWID=XXX
    & TOOL=XXXX CSS=XXXX DIA=XXXX CHAM=XXXX FEED=XXXX
    & FEND=XXXX BORE=XXX

so the X denotes figures we plug in. This has been added to in past but this is a bit taken out of some written training books we have kicking about. problem is we do not know exactly how to write the OPART sub programme in order to use the figures we put in the main programme.

we all so have something similar for using a Bar puller but to be honest we rarely use it as its not the best.

we had others in there but as they have been in there so long no one can really remember what exactly was in there.

thanks Again.

Oh and as for Backing up. We will be from now on until the lathe gets replaces in few years hopefully. All our main programmes are kept on servers. but we never realised it was quite so easy to delete the whole of the *.* folder.

James

Downloads
    Uploads

pls check & fill in the blanks :
    ... SMAX = G50 S... ( this should be inside the main program )
    ... ZBAK = part_length
    ... TWID = ?
    ... TOOL = T command ( turret post + tool corections )
    ... CSS = ?
    ... DIA = start_diameter
    ... CHAM = chamfer
    ... FEED = feed_G95
    ... FEND = ? feed near the end ? for how long ?
    ... BORE = end_diameter

i also have code for the bar puller; lines marked with '()' are to limit the effort among Z axis; otherwise, if the springs inside the puller are not tensioned properly, or if the puller is not aligned well, you may end up with a pulling operation that requires 60-80-120% effort, which is definetly not ok (
    the puller may lead to a wear that is greater then all other tools combined ) :

Code:

OSxx

M09
        G00 X_up Z_up T

G00 Z5               X0
    ()  G29 PZ=20            G94
        G01 Z_clamp_position F650
        M84
        G91 Z_travel         F2200
        M83
        G90 Z2.5             F650
    ()  G28

G00 X_up Z_up

RTS
    Oh and as for Backing up...
    digital back-up at different phisical location; consider clouds and locations <> job, like your pc from home ? or your golden pc inside the dubai bank ?

also, for macros and other codes that require signifiant developing time : print on paper

... do as i say, not as i do / kindly

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

TWID = Tool Width.
    CSS = Constant Surface Speed.
    FEND = Final Feed.

Just a note we work in Imperial here as work on aircraft components.

As for the puller, I have been told our puller bit was a simple bit of code as our puller is Coolant operated. Hence why we tend to find it doesn't always grip the bar well enough.

Downloads
    Uploads

for the final feed ( FEND ), is needed also a distance among which it will be executed

for example, considering t = X_start - X_end, 85%t will be executed with FEED, and 15%t will be executed with FEND

please decide for the absolute 't' distance, or how to manage the FEND

as for imperial, i am a metric guy i will test the code in metric, and after that, please simply put some ' /25.4 ' all over it ( maybe you wish for your own contribution ? sorry, just saying )

as for the coolant puller, far as i know, those are pretty expensive, or more expensive than a mechanical one; also, you can not adjust the force, and even if you adjust it, you are dependant on the coolant debit, that varies with the level of the coolant tank / too many variables, that may lead to setup instability.... aaaaa, yup long live the coolant puler

pls check attached images for puller sugestions; i will also share my own version inside a new thread pls check it, if you wish

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again / if you use twid, it means that the tool is measured for p3, while chamfering requires p4

if you measure the tool for p4, you may eliminate the twid

if you wish to keep the twid and measure for p3, then maybe i will code the p3 to deliver p4 behaviour .... is it worth it ? kindly

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will let the powers at be have a look. As he knows more about it that I do and get back to you on them bits.

As for the puller. I wouldn't know where the puller came from. Its been here with the machine as long as I have. I can see no identifiable marks on it but as I said we really don't use it that often. We don't really do a lot of production type of work.

Shop is supposed to be moving in the next couple of years so the machines will be replaced with new. More to keep us running until then.

Thanks Greatly for you help.

James

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

with regards to TWID we would like to keep it how it was. This way all existing programmes will work the same and there isn't the chance for an operator accidently setting a part off tool to the wrong side and scrapping a part.

For the FEND on our other lathe we do not use and feed reduction so this could be left out. We are not sure what it originally used to slow feed at on diam as it was a sub programme which has been in the machine as long as I have been here.

Downloads
    Uploads

fend is good to deliver a smooth cut, otherwise the part may have has an increased chance to fly somewhere inside the cabinet

lowering the feed only near the end of the cutting is a key to minimize cycle time

ps : another trick is to stop the coolant ( only near the end of the cutting ) for tiny parts : coolant may send them into the jaws, from where they will be hit hard & send out flying ( just like serving a ball at baseball )

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again / the advantage of a coolant puller, is that it can be clamped/unclamped as desired, from code, while a mechanical puller requires phisical contact

so far i have seen a single application where a coolant puller was required : it was getting the part out of the 2nd spindle, and dump it inside the parts catcher basket that was near the 1st spindle ... it works, but it does not sound very promising

last time when i spoke with my dealer about a 2nd spindle lathe, it said that there is no parts cather for the 2nd spindle ...

about your code, pls wait

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey all. thanks for your help. Turns out we were still owed a days training from NCMT so we had the applications manager in the shop. Also turns out that the particular code we wanted was saved into the main folder where all the software resides. So we now have it all back. He showed us a few things aswell. So was good. He said he'd been to okuma a couple of years back and they have a museum of all their machines that they have produced and one of out lathes was in there. Yet here ours is running beautifully and repeating again and again.

thanks for all your help.

James