Need Help! LT15-M all axis zero zet+set limit procedure

Thread: LT15-M all axis zero zet+set limit procedure

Downloads
    Uploads

Default LT15-M all axis zero zet+set limit procedure

Hello

I need OKUMA LT15-M all axis zero zet+set limit procedure.
    Can anybody share it.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    https://www.facebook.com/okuma.tuning

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LT15-M all axis zero zet+set limit procedure

The Okuma has absolute encoders and requires no zero set even if it's been off for years. Only requires adjustment if encoder is removed or replaced.

X is located centerline of spindle to centerline of ID toolholder block. Z is floating based on zero of part program.
    If lost use the stroke end limits that should be written down on the management data card in the back of you machine to determine where limits are.

Use PR ZERO OFFSET in SYSTEM PARAMETERS to adjust encoder position to reflect proper values.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LT15-M all axis zero zet+set limit procedure

hi kurmay, so far, on a lathe i only messed up with the encoder origin & the 'soft limits' , but never with the ' hard limit '

i have reached the ' hard limits ' only on the mill, but i had an record of the ' soft limits ' from before doing that

i never setup the ' soft limits ' without knowing the previous value ... are you in this situation ?

about the encoders origin, considers this ( if possible on that cnc ) :
    ... declare Z encoder origin, so VSZOZ to represent the distance between part_face & chuck_face
    ... declare C encoder origin, so M110 + C0 & VSZOC=0 to put a jaw paralel to X axis
    ... declare spindle orientation origin, so M19 to deliver same chuck position like when messing with the C encoder origin
    ... about tailstock origin i have some tips, but there are some issues, so better leave it like that

about the tool setter :
    ... a tool Z offset should represent the distance between tool_tip and turret face

all those settings will help understanding faster the clearences, etc, programing zero's from the desk ( remote ), without being near the cnc, setups cross compatible among different lathes, etc

kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...