LAN comms from pc to okuma genos

Thread: LAN comms from pc to okuma genos

Downloads
    Uploads

Default LAN comms from pc to okuma genos

Hi all, we recently got a Okuma Genos M560-v-e with OSP-P300MA-e control.
    It has a plug for a network cable in the back, can we connect it to our work network to be able to send programs from multiple pc to the machine instead of running round with a flash drive?
    If there is anyone running that way please I need some assistance to connect my pc(windows7 64bit) to the machine.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LAN comms from pc to okuma genos

hi meintjes, i am connected like that

about the network configuration, i can not help you, since our PCguy do it, and at my home my local network had been configured by some guests, so ...

however here are a few tips :
    ... go to the google comunities\microsoft, and ask for configurations to boost local network, specific to each operating system
    ... this should remove / reduce lags
    ... if you conect multiple pc's, operated by different guys, to a same machine, than you may encounter some conflicts when operating the machine
    ...... regard MD1 contect as volatile, thus nobody should complain if it's content is lost
    ...... create inside the cnc a folder for each guy ( = pc = terminal )
    ... if one guy operates more than a single pc, you should consider a syncronizer :
    ...... offline ( for example on an external HDD ; try freefilesync )
    ...... online ( try spideroak )

sync data with a pc located in another phisical place, at a certain distance from working place ( like home )

i was also told to print on paper my programs, just in case; so far i didn't

consider using total commander, with customized views for each machine; it is way faster than using windows

this is only the begining / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi and thanks for the reply, the network is not a problem as we already have that in place, we will only have two pcs that will need to send nc programs to the machine but not at the same time the one will be used as a back-up if the main pc is not accessible for whatever reason.
    I have connected a ethernet cable from the machine to the nearest network switch but I need to find the machine on the network from my pc. Would I need a comms software for that?
    I thought it would pick it up as another pc on the network as the control is based on windows 7.

Downloads
    Uploads

you may use freefylesync - real time option, so to have data from the main pc always mirrored on the 2nd

in such a case, the 2nd pc will always be running, just like a server; is good to have inside it a 2nd hdd, so data to be stored on both hdds inside the 2nd pc

this kind of backup comes in handy when more than 1pc+1cnc will be there; i would recomand you a flash drive / ext hdd, thus external storage, not a 2nd pc

i also have a 2nd pc right here, with all softwares installed, and i simply turn it on from time to time; if main pc fails, i simply conect to it my externall hdd

about making the machine appear on the network, when our PCguy showed me how to do it, i did not bother

if you wish, i will contact him, so to give me more details

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

That won't be necessary right now thanks for the offer, we are still to receive training on the machine as it was just installed but we are waiting for tooling, if they cannot sort it then I will refer back to you, was hoping to have that ready before we start.

Downloads
    Uploads

aham, ok training may not include remote acces and stuff, but basic igf

please be aware that igf is ok for a novice, but it does not highlight any okuma tricks, so after a while, if you wish for more, it is ok to move on

if you intend to use a pc, it will be faster

Quote Originally Posted by Meintjes View Post
    That won't be necessary right now thanks for the offer, we are still to receive training on the machine as it was just installed but we are waiting for tooling, if they cannot sort it then I will refer back to you, was hoping to have that ready before we start.
    Yes it will work just fine. We use Apple Airport’s to connect ours. No additional software is needed

Using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

hello again, i just installed an OSP update, and i have lost the connection with the machine; so same situation here

i am not far, neither close to the cncs ( i can see and hear them ), and it this distance i was adviced to use shielded network cables, to avoid interferences

about the osp300A, it is more a facelift of the previous osp300 + spindle_output_monitor_function ( pls see attached )

there are complaints about the difficulty of operating the osp300, and the newer version is filled with gadgets, thus more keystrokes and more setup time for functions with low impact; this is not available only for Okuma, but also with other brands

it is important not to get lost in those; is good to know the old-school methods, and understand the osp approach; idea is that you may program the machine by alternative methods, and regard the osp gadgets as auxiliary

here are the layers for programing :
    ... 1) old school , long hand , parametric programing
    ... 2) cam with compatible post ( ifg is type 2 : basic cam with compatible post )
    ... 3) cam with dedicated post
    ... 4) parametric programing with osp interface
    ... 5) parametric programing with custom interface ( available only on the osp, because of its "open" arhitecture )

common methods are 1 & 2 & 2 + manual_code_editing, aka cam_fingering / have a nice day

Downloads
    Uploads

on the lathe running on windows XP, it was an easy fix : services.msc \ server \ propertries \ general tab \ start-up type : automatic ( it was disabled )

on the lathe running on windows 7, no one has a clue how to fix it, even if all settings look ok; something happend there ...

Downloads
    Uploads

We got it sorted. Had to manually input ip address and other network id to not clash with other pc on the network. Created a folder on our server to send the nc programs and then had to set this shared folder as a location to find programs on the machine.
    We went for this route cause for some reason the pc in the okuma has a password that no one knows or else we could just copy paste the nc programs straight to the machine.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Meintjes View Post
    We went for this route cause for some reason the pc in the okuma has a password that no one knows or else we could just copy paste the nc programs straight to the machine.
    The main Okuma "PC" account is usually setup ex factory with username = administrator and password of "okuma+osp"
    This is documented in one of the manuals.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by broby View Post
    The main Okuma "PC" account is usually setup ex factory with username = administrator and password of "okuma+osp"
    This is documented in one of the manuals.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Will give it a shot tomorrow thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk