Problem Macturn 350 OSP200 Way covers wanted

Thread: Macturn 350 OSP200 Way covers wanted

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Macturn 350 OSP200 Way covers wanted

Hi!

Machine;Macturn 350OSP200,2008
    Price of ZB (between lower turret & subspindle) waycovers at Okuma was not from this world .
    I'm interested to buy new or old one if anyone have ?
    If anyone has purchase these in States, what was price ?

-GB

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Macturn 350 OSP200 Way covers wanted

hello Green Button what happened to your cover ? pls, can you share a photo ?

i also have a problem with the cover on the Y lathe; okuma rep told me that some chips got there, but somehow i think that it was not well assembled from the factory, because it got wear extraordinary fast

i cleaned it once so far

also, since january, the noise and scratches have increased significant

it is only 3yrs, and is a mess : 2-3 days ago i have reached ocasionally 80% load during Z movement, and i intent to fix this sh**, and if i will fail, than i will ask for quote

i will try to do the surgery pretty soon, and if i will succed, than i will share my approach

kindly !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi deadlykitten!

There is small guideways for covers. If they get in to bad shape game will be over soon.
    It all started from waycover wipers and small steel plate in top of those. Chainreaction i would say.

Price for new covers between lower turret & subspindle was over €30.000,00

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Green Button View Post
    It all started from waycover wipers and small steel plate in top of those. Chainreaction i would say.
    hi / on my lathe, the rubber wipers are in normal condition ( normal wear ), but those thin metal parts have always been noisy, and started to damage the cover

the rubber is 450euros and those thin metal parts are also 450euros

if i replace them, than there is a big chance to be damaged by the Z cover, because the Z cover is not in good condition

also, if i will order a new Z cover, i am afraid that same thing will repeat in several months

Okuma rep said that those are consumables, and i should blame the chips, but something is not right

Z cover is bended in 2 parts :
    ... the bottom part ( paralel to X axis ), where all the chips fall, is in good condition
    ... the upper part ( vertical ), is in bad condition, and few chips go there

i am not going for a Z cover quote, until i will dismount & check kindly !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

hi GreenButton, i was checking for something, and i found this thread of yours : http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...intenance.html

in both, that & this thread, you talk about same Macturn cnc ?

if i may, what have you done ? i started working on my Y lathe, now i am putting it back / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Green Button View Post
    If anyone has purchase these in States, what was price ?

quotes for LB3000ex2 Y :
    ... Z axis wipers : 1000euro, without delivery ( item location : Germany )
    ... Z axis cover : 3000euro, without delivery ( item location : Japan )

delivery involves volumetric costs, because there is a lot of air inside the package