Need Help! Diagonal Hobbing - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Diagonal Hobbing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Technical Ted View Post
    Hi Corey – 1st thing I would do is try to contact the person who posted the video that Deadly linked in post #11.

Here’s what I think you will have to do:
    1) Calculate how far the hob must shift to get the full depth root diameter and taper to zero depth.
    2) Let’s say the above dimension is 2.473695. Divide that by .494739 (circular pitch). That equals 5.
    3) So the workpiece would have to rotate 5/14 more (or will it be less) to compensate for the hob shift.
    Does this make sense to anyone else? I’ll work on some of the math & we can compare results.
    Thanks for the response Ted, in doing some research and reading i remember something about adding 1 tooth to the index ratio but I can't find that article again. I'm not sure if I add the tooth to the part or the tool... Anyways, 2.484" is length of hob travel in z axis and to move cutter in x axis from full depth to no contact will be 2.6" I don't think the y axis will be any trouble to fine tune once I get some straight teeth cut deadly kitten... Any other info u need feel free to ask. I'm just now getting started on setup. One thing I noticed is that the software calculates the mill spindle rpm as 130.26327... I'm guessing that string of numbers to the right of decimal has something to do with index ratio? Going to post some random pics of what I'm actually working with.

Last edited by coreywadeadams; 10-01-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some pics...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diagonal Hobbing-img_20181001_140232-jpg   Diagonal Hobbing-img_20181001_140132-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Diagonal Hobbing

Dear Sir,
    If CNC Hobbing machine used for daigonal hobbing cutting
    what programme used with details send me.
    for fanuc control machine
    data is same as erlier your taper_spline.txt

Before DATA of Taper_spline.txt[/B]
    what is meaning of
    BA=86.18360
    RDIS=0.39365
    DDEP=0.14280

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bpg View Post
    Dear Sir,
    If CNC Hobbing machine used for daigonal hobbing cutting
    what programme used with details send me.
    for fanuc control machine
    data is same as erlier your taper_spline.txt

Before DATA of Taper_spline.txt[/B]
    what is meaning of
    BA=86.18360
    RDIS=0.39365
    DDEP=0.14280
    It's not a "real" hobbing machine but it does have all the axes. Hobbing software was an option at purchase of the Multus u4000 with osp-p300sa control. BA= tilt of head calculated by helix angle of hob cutter. RDIS= retract distance if slide hold is pressed. DDEP= tooth depth

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234