dream site tour japan : 26 nov - 3 dec

Thread: dream site tour japan : 26 nov - 3 dec

Downloads
    Uploads

Default dream site tour japan : 26 nov - 3 dec

who's coming ? fresh beer, cold coolant, chicks and chips

just relax, North Korea will be chill ...

Similar Threads:
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: dream site tour japan : 26 nov - 3 dec

hello everyone there was a thing : when okuma developed the control, they were told by state officials to share their know-how, because it was ahead of time

this would involve forcing to open a door into the in-house recipes, and once a door opens, many other doors will open

at that moment, fanuc, a separate brand was created, so the state officials to mess with fanuc instead of okuma ( and i thought that fanuc is usa )

osp has fanuc compatibiliy mode

at least, this is what we were told

... yeah, history, i know ! those japanese are pretty numeric, i guess there is at least 1000 okuma employs still alive from that period of time; let's make a documentary

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

it was a protocolar dinner, discussion, etc ... and they were saying that okuma was the 1st to develop such nc technology, high resolution abso encoders, etc

also there were discussions about the state interests, trying to reveal the secrets behind the technology

i don't know if okuma actually created ( officialy ) the fanuc, or if they simply tried to move the hat from their heads to fanuc's head, so to get rid of state involvement, but back then something happened; this happened many decades ago

big picture was not about fanuc-okuma relation, but about state involvement ... there was also another recent case about mitutoyo being banned from export almost a year, because one of their machines got into foreign armament production enviroment

there is a fanuc compatibility mode on the osp;i don't know since when, and i never used it, but i guess there is a story a behind it : why would it be there, if fanuc and okuma are suposed to be competitors ?

onestly, i can live without this, but seems interesting, so i thought to share it

Downloads
    Uploads

attached image is from here : https://www.fanuc.co.jp/en/profile/history/index.html

fanuc seems to have continued to develop what a private sector was doing so the private sector just give up ?

i don't know ... i wonder if the robots inside okuma's dream site are fanuc ?!

Downloads
    Uploads

hello, other things :

01) the table of each vmc is checked for accurate positioning : a heavy weight is placed ( with a crane ) at the middle of the table, and, after a while, a positioning test is carried out

02) they don't change jobs every 2 weeks, and inside the factory is a normal thing to have pairs of employes working on same thing : experimented + novice; the experimented guy supervises and forms the novice : there were some guys tightening the screws of a big vmc by using a short crowbar and repetitive force movements; i recomanded a longer bar, and a smooth movement, until there is a feeling that the screw has touched fully with the nut; because parts are made from cast iron, they should repeat the proces after a while, depending how the cast is behaving ( here, in Antarctica, we call it 'fluaj' )

03) they are using not only solar panels, but also they use the geotermal activity to warm up their place : pipes in the ground, etc ...

04) some of them speak english exactly how i speak japanese

05) many components, after foundry, have minimal machining time : it takes much longer to move the part arround the factory small components are machined directly after the foundry, and they are inspected after machining; bigger components are inspected before machining ( hammer tapping & sound analysis, whatever else, etc )

06) there is a pipe sistem for chips ( uses a high pressure liquid ), that simply deposits them outside the factory; they are considering using coolant ( or something to blast off the chips ) on big double columns that are used for their own production; i wonder if they will implement it ( i was just talking with a guy arround there )

07) inside their dream site factory is an automation system : honestly, i was expecting to see top tier automation for external parts, but actually automation is for their components; i was hoping to see a more dinamic factory i always thought that Okuma got tired of developing special functions &stuff that is rarely requested by customers, and they simply decided to use properly their own products : this is what i thought that the DreamSite is about, and this is what i am trying to do ...

08) they are monitoring their plants located at several kilometers away, by using the smart-factory product ... they can show the spindle time history for a cnc located far away, etc; i believe that is not enough to check only spindle time : i know that there is a big difference between " just cutting on a cnc " & " cnc machining "; depending on real scenario, i adjust a setup profitability, and after that i am interested into keeping it fast & stable

09) inside their spindle units area, is the grinding room and the final assembly room; beside the technical atmosphere condition ( umidity & temperature control ), the assembly room has increased air pressure, so, when the door is opening, there should not enter particles from the grinding room

10) inside their musem is okuma's 1st high resolution encoder, and a big plate 1*1or 1.5*1.5meters, however, pretty big, that has a crazy flatness like 1-2-3um; thus pretty flat, crafted some decades ago

this plate is done by metal-scraping technique, and they still use this technique today inside their factory

i always wondered how are they checking for flatness; pls check this videos ( 6:20 in 1st video ); kindly