Need Help! Okuma LB 15 II - problem with parameters

Thread: Okuma LB 15 II - problem with parameters

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma LB 15 II - problem with parameters

Hello.

I've got a problem with changing one of optional parameter in Okuma LB 15 II. The problem is that I would like to change a lubrication frequency. Standard setting is 5 minutes. My aim is to excend this time to 10 minutes. Unfortunately I don't have any documentation to this machine. I've found only documentation to older version where we can switch parameter #16 - the operation interval of the way lubrication pump motor for the LB series lathes is set. I thought its gonna be resolution to my problem but with using this parameter i can switch max to 6 min - 5256 Input data overflow ERROR 6. Does anyone have an idea how to excend this time to 10 minutes ? Photos attached. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okuma LB 15 II - problem with parameters-dsc_0197-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma LB 15 II - problem with parameters

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okuma LB 15 II - problem with parameters-dsc_0195-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okuma LB 15 II - problem with parameters-dsc_0196-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

hy i don't know parameters for your cnc, but be carefull with this timers

common behaviours :
    ... 1) increase off timer = decrease frequency
    ... 2) timer off when axis don't move
    ... 3) change "on timer", thus lube duration

main factor when changing lube timers is how the machine works, because if the cnc is cutting, than "2) timer off" almost does not occure, and this avoids preesure drop among the lube pipes; as a result, when the pump pumps, at the end will lube

if cnc is not cutting often, thus there are time breaks, than pump must pump a little more so to build pressure among the pipes, and to lube at the end

so is important that lube will reach end points, and this is relative to machine usage

cutting a lot :
    ... off timer does not occure
    ... you may reduce frequency

cutting less :
    ... longer lube duration

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

You typically should not increase the timer duration to that level on a box way machine. You would run the risk of way damage by running them dry. That is why the timer will not let you set it that high.

That being said, kitty is right that there are other parameters on the newer controls that will allow the machine to "not count" when the axis is not moving. This can save a considerable amount of lube if your machine is idle.

It is on the same page with your lube parameters. Unfortunately I think it was not yet on the 7000 series if I remember correctly.

If it is not there, use the e-stop button when idle to save lube.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.