auto Z origin on lathe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: auto Z origin on lathe

scaring mice @ north pole deadlykitten's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default auto Z origin on lathe

Hello, i have a lot of parts with different lenght. I use a finger-mill (Maxis ) to refresh/correct frontal.

Because of their different lenght, i cant xyxyx them at left, but i must use a "caliper gauge" or "depth gauge" to xyxyx them at right, so to have the same Z in front.

xyxyx - i dont know english word, but i think you get it )) ... i guess is "place/settle/buffer/push", but none sounds good to me

I lose too much time placing the parts.

This is the program :

M110 SB1234 M13 M08
    G0 X0 Z2.5
    G1 Z-1 F0.12 G95
    turret right
    turret leaves

I need something like this :

M110 SB1234 M13 M08
    G0 X0 Z2.5+10
    CALL OZORG
    G91 G1 Z-1 F0.12 G95
    G90
    turret right
    turret leaves

.....OZORG
    .....G1 Z_left until M axis effort raises
    .....RTS

Please, does someone has some magical variables / something to make this work ?
    This is an operation from classical sector to numerical, and i must not deliver same parts within a longer duration.
    If i cant beat/equal classical time, than there is no use ...

kindly ! pleeeaseee ...

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails auto Z origin on lathe-dscn0004-jpg   auto Z origin on lathe-dscn0005-jpg   auto Z origin on lathe-dscn0006-jpg   auto Z origin on lathe-dscn0007-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: auto Z origin on lathe

1. chexk if the machine is equipped with load control. User task2 ...?
    2. You have the variable. Check the axis screen and You will find "DIFF" data which directly responds to axis load.
    Can You draw a bit specific how the face position will be detected by the load of M ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, i looked into parameters for that variable, but i did not find it ... also, i am not so much into that area ..
    Also, my dealer just update my OSP and i can tell that some interfaces changed in parameters tab.

Please, i have atached movie clips, one with parameters windows, and one with parameters list ... please, can you help me to locate them ?

kindly !

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by deadlykitten; 03-17-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you trying to detect the part by using load rather than a sensor?
    If yes then it can be done using the G22 torque skip command.

Put a rod in to a boring bar sleeve and calculate its offset to Zero on the front of your part. Then put following line into your program:

G22 Z-1 PZ=40 G94 F50 D.5 L.2 (feeds to Z-1 unless load reaches 40%. Will start searching for part at Z.5 and will stop searching at Z-1.2.)

Then you will need to read the machine position once it stops. V1=VAPAZ (sets variable 1 = Actual Z position)

You may need to do some math to determine how much to shift since this reads the machine position.
    VZSHZ=Zero Shift on Z
    VZOFZ=Zero OFFSET on Z
    VSIOZ=Zero Secondary Incremental offset on Z

So amount to shift would be V2=VAPAZ-VZSHZ-VZOFZ-VSIOZ

Then in your program shift to new origin by VSIOZ=VSIOZ+V2.

Zero should now be at the front of your part.

I've nicknamed this technique "senseless gauging" ;-) It's standard on most newer Okuma's except 700U control from what I've seen and Deadly accurate.
    If you get an alarm that says torque limit over, you may need to set your torque limit parameter to something like 75%.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello wizard ... what is a "rod" ?

Also, i cut with M axis, and i lose time if turret indexes from static holder to driven holder.

If i would go using a static holder, i think i would use a sensor, rather than a "rod", because i believe that "rod" puts effort over Z axis, while the sensor does not.
    Also, i don't have a sensor, but i think that it works withoud loading to much the Z axis.

So, please :
    - can you reroll your precious information for M axis holder ? so tool will be spining before the contact ocurs
    - what is a rod ?
    - can you show me an example using a senzor : code, senzor infos, because sounds nice and maybe i willl use it sometime ...

all the best

Downloads
    Uploads

Rod is any type of shaft such as a drill rod, boring bar end from cutoff etc. that can be used to stop the turret by applying a slight load. Some people use bump stop or toolholder.

Since you have no sensor, this is the best way. Do not worry about Z axis load, you can adjust using PZ= but it will need to be something higher than what it takes to jog the Z axis. G22 is very sensitive and only needs to see 1% difference to stop axis, but 15-20 % is no problem. Okuma reaction time is very quick.

This feature was designed to transfer parts between spindles, so W axis will feed until part is seated against chuck jaws, then stop, clamp and retract. They made available for all feed axis when they developed it, so lucky you!

If you don't want to index, you could use the side of the holder, but you may eventually leave a mark.

Please use my example. I would not offer it if it would adversely affect the machine...have faith my padawan.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails auto Z origin on lathe-padawan-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you ... i'll try it

Downloads
    Uploads

hello

Code:
    T121212
    G29 PZ=15
    G22 Z-1 PZ=12 D3 L0.2 F50 G94
    failed a bit ... i guess i have to set "Parameter word No. 71" ... please, where can i find it ? kindly !

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails auto Z origin on lathe-01-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

They have relocated it to the Load monitoring parameter page on your machine. It is also located in the WORD section of the BIT, WORD, LONG WORD section.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    They have relocated it to the Load monitoring parameter page on your machine. It is also located in the WORD section of the BIT, WORD, LONG WORD section.
    hello, i find it

it seems all variables from parameters are also listed inside a register, so it means that values are not only displayed, ready for input, but contained with a recorder :

displayed info
    ....english : upper limit of ...
    ....and i guess more languages
    value : word
    maybe position reference : parameters list #17
    etc

i really find okuma interface a really too futuristic for 1990 this type of data block for each variable makes it easy to handle, and it means that you can remove all windows interfaces, and replace with new ones, without losing stability ... even more, you might work without the interface, maybe with API

registers for variables is not vital, you can keep it on paper ... but in such a form it speeds up some operations ... actual interface looks a bit old, while such records tell that there is something well organized ... you know, keeping stuff just functional, while design can wait

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails auto Z origin on lathe-parameter-word-71-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

G22 worked, but after that i have a G0 to release contact between tool and material, and i have an error

only G22 works fine, without G0

only G0, without G22 also works

is there a way to cancel G22 mode ?

i guess machine handles that G0 with some conditions for G22 ... so, yes, G22 works, but i can not continue after it

PS : i go to the mill now

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails auto Z origin on lathe-01-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

ha, found it, is G28 lucky me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast