Need Help! VAC3 D11 Alarm 13 and 34

Thread: VAC3 D11 Alarm 13 and 34

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VAC3 D11 Alarm 13 and 34

Machine - Okuma MX-45VAE

Problem - When running the spindle at or more than 1148 rpm (high gear) and M05 command is given to stop the spindle, an alarm 4053 or 1051 will show on the screen and either 13 or 34 code on the VAC drive itself.

Tests preformed - Tightened all power and ground contact points from breaker panel to spindle motor, Checked for voltage spike across R S T legs of VAC drive, checked all terminals on Top Board of VAC drive when in resting state, inspected wires/cables for burns or cuts, checked all glass fuses, measured resistance between terminals on the IGBT modules.

Abnormal Findings - The two terminals in the Regeneration Control Circuit which in my book (Maintenance Manual 4th Edition Pub.No.3727-E-R3 (SE34-001-R4) June 1995) says should be +6 VDC and COM. When putting my meter to these terminals I am getting 15.47 VDC. One question is - Has the design of the Top Board been changed since the 1995 publication or is that one of my problems.

Conclusion - When I removed the VAC drive from the machine and removed the Top Board and Power Board no physical damage could be seen.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VAC3 D11 Alarm 13 and 34-1-jpg   VAC3 D11 Alarm 13 and 34-2-jpg   VAC3 D11 Alarm 13 and 34-3-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VAC3 D11 Alarm 13 and 34

When you run up the spindle and let it stabilize at that speed, what voltage do you have between R/S/T incoming to the drive? You probably won't be able to do this (because you will get the alarms), but if you can,get it up to near max Rpm and then hit reset on the control, monitor the incoming power to see how much it goes up - you may have an input impedance problem (let's say you ramp up to near max rpm and you put your leads on R and S and you have 208v; then you hit reset and (assuming you don't get an alarm) your meter jumps to 220 or so during decel - that would indicate your input impedance is too high). I can explain easier over the phone - call me if you want to discuss (585.742.1490, ask for Kevin).

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=2015imsjfw;1837638]Machine - Okuma MX-45VAE

Problem - When running the spindle at or more than 1148 rpm (high gear) and M05 command is given to stop the spindle, an alarm 4053 or 1051 will show on the screen and either 13 or 34 code on the VAC drive itself.

Okuma VAC 3 drives are factory programmed to have aggressive & de-acceleration. During de-acceleration the motor energy is injected back into the incoming 3 phase power line. If the impedance of the line is too high, the line voltage will rise over 220 VAC and cause the 34 alarm. The best fix is to insure all your machine's incoming power connections are tight and the incoming power wires and transformers are properly sized and slow down the drive's acceleration parameter. The quick fix is to slow down the spindle drive acceleration/de-acceleration parameter. Operating the drive with a line voltage over 220 VAC or with 34 alarms will significantly reduce the drive's expected life.

Doctorcnc, engineer at cncrepair.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

Downloads
    Uploads

We also have 4053 and error 34 on the VAC3 drive of the subspindle.
    Probably because the inertia of the subspindle is higher because of a bigger chuck.

Our secundary voltage is 210 volt. A higher secundary voltage can be a cause I red
    in the VAC3 manual but we are in the middle of 200 and 220.

Could please somebody please explain how to lower the decelleration?

Thanks