5020M DNC-B Kit Contents and Software Question

Thread: 5020M DNC-B Kit Contents and Software Question

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5020M DNC-B Kit Contents and Software Question

Hi Everyone,

I've got yet another question about DNC-B. I am wanting to source a DNC kit to retrofit my V4020. I have a line on the CCP board, #E4809-770-024-B 1911-1594 , software from another machine with DNC-B but that is otherwise optioned the same as my current machine, and the panel switches. I think I may also need the CCPC2 board, which has proven more difficult to find. It is #E4809-436-033 1911-1596. I have noticed that it looks nearly identical to Main Card13, which shares the same E4809-436-033 number, but with the 1911-1521 revision number instead of 1594.

Does anyone know what exactly is required for the DNC-B kit or possibly even have installation procedures for it? I've got no trouble swapping the software. Is it as easy as just putting the boards in, wiring up the switches, loading new software, and going?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to extract the option files from one floppy to combine them with another? I have software from another V4020 I dismantled that had a tool probe and I would like to set the probe up on my current V4020. The software for the one I dismantled lacked a few features I regularly use on the current machine, so a straight swap won't work like it would with the third software set with DNC-B.

Thanks for any help!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5020M DNC-B Kit Contents and Software Question

Yes, it is possible.

Downloads
    Uploads

As an update to this, I was able to get the parts list and diagrams from my friendly neighborhood Hartwig guys. I love their support! They have been nothing but excellent in our dealings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Another update here:

I was wrong about the CCPC2 board's E4809 number. The CCPC2 board is the small board that sits on top of the CCP board.

I have successfully gotten my machine up and running with the DNC-B software from another machine. I added the CCP board, depinned a Honda connector and made a Honda to db25 cable for communication, then added the DNC-B switch box. Everything EXCEPT DNC-B works great. The software loaded fine and machine setup went well. I just can't get DNC-B to do a dang thing.

I have double and triple checked my pinouts for the switch box and the honda to db25 connector and they seem okay. I keep getting a "2611 DNC can not transmit error 4" anytime I press the DNC-B soft key. I also get a "Start Condition 1" error when trying to use the buffer mode. I'm at a loss here.
    The only thing I'm NOT sure about connection-wise is the DN2(Labeled A1) to PB1P Pin 4R connection. I have that wired on top of the current wire there and the switches seem to work as they should, so I think it is okay. I am wondering if I should remove the wire that was originally on 4R, however?

Anyway, in setting the machine up, I changed all the parameters back to my previous ones and am thinking that may be where I went wrong software-wise. I am going to try loading the software again and NOT changing any parameters to see where it goes. Any help or ideas would be appreciated, though!

Downloads
    Uploads

Have machine got dnc operation panel?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kurmay View Post
    Have machine got dnc operation panel?
    Yeppers. Seems to be working as it should, too.

Downloads
    Uploads

Kurmay,

I just wanted to thank you for your OSP Reader. It works GREAT.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, please empty some of your PM's, I have some data to send you

Downloads
    Uploads

I sent the file you need. I hope it works.

Downloads
    Uploads

As a final update to this, DNC-B and all other hardware and software are running flawlessly on my machine, running the software I purchased from a scrapped machine that had the option.

In the end, I needed only a correctly assembled null-modem cable, the DNC-B panel switches and indicators, the CCP board #E4809-770-024-B 1911-1594 with the CCPC2 board on top (very small board, NOT the E4809 # mentioned in the first post), and software from a machine with the same specs and software as my current machine (other than DNC-B).

I was able to directly load the DNC-B optioned machine's software and adjust parameters to my liking, then after LOTS of fiddling with the CMPS parameters, was able to get the interface to function correctly with MultiDNC.

Kurmay's OSP reader software very easily let me back up my current software and the new software for piece of mind. I HIGHLY recommend using his software to back up your disks. The latest version works great and is super simple. I don't have to worry about killing a disk and being screwed, anymore.

Hartwig was also very, very helpful in getting me going, having sent the DNC-B installation manual along with wiring pinouts.

Overall, it was a frustrating process that took me awhile to sort out, but it is going to easily be worth it.

Last edited by CNCoperator123; 12-14-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    okuma vr40 osp5020 control dnc software required Can you send

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    kurmay
    the message box is full
    ı m phone:+9005308484856
    e-mail:killikhasan@hotmail.com
    Can you make an emergency turn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The VR40 machine have some version depend on end user required. I have one which have DNC software. It's OSP5020M.
    You can take some photo from electric control box. If it's same other. I can to you some disk!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

5020M DNC-B Kit Contents and Software Question-whatsapp-image-2018-04-17-12-05-a

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5020M DNC-B Kit Contents and Software Question-whatsapp-image-2018-04-17-12-05-a  

Downloads
    Uploads

We have the exact same issue with a 1998 Okuma Cadet Mate with a OSP700M control. Would like to see if we can pick your brain and see if you could assist on getting our machine up and running as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by burs; 02-22-2023 at 03:12 AM.

I have a Okuma Cadet V 4020 with OSP5020 control. I need to run from RS232 because of the file size.
    The local dealer told me that DND-B or DNC-C is not available or supported. They told me the only solution is expanding the memory for over $5,000 USD. Using CNC4U to down load programs in small pieces. May have to sell my machine and get something eles. Help