Need Help! tool change code

Thread: tool change code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default tool change code

Hy guys, please i need to know how to change the tool from code on mils ... mb-v series.
    CNC Machine | VMC | Vertical Machining Centers | MB-V Series
    control is osp300m

I can move the machine, but i can't change the tool

On a lathe i use T010101 when the turret is up, but how can i change the tools on the mill ?
    Also, just send me a *.min file that changes tools, and also, i think there is a Txxyyzz code ...
    I would like to know what means that xxyyzz code, and from where i can do the links.

so to say, i need an explained code for tool changing, with tool-magazine

kindly!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: tool change code

Quote Originally Posted by broby View Post
    The tool change command for a Mill is the M code M6
    Use a single T code only for Mills
    ie. if you want Tool 1 use:
    T1 M6

Does your machine use "Staged" tools? By this I mean, is there a tool pot between the tool magazine and the spindle or does the tool move directly between the tool magazine and the spindle?

If your machine "Stages" tools you will need to take into account the following tool commands as well...
    M63 used to tell the machine there is no more tools following the next tool change.
    M64 used to put a "Staged" tool back into the magazine.

If your machine doesn't use "Staged" tools then ignore those commands.

Tool offsets are handled differently on a Mill than to how they are on a Lathe.
    You use "D" commands to handle cutter radius compensation. Along with G codes G41, used to compensate (offset) the tool to the Left of the programmed path, G42, to compensate the toolpath to the right and G40 to cancel tool radius compensation.
    i.e. G41 D1 to call up cutter radius comp for tool 1.
    To compensate for tool length you use G code G56 along with a "H" code. i.e. G56 H1 for tool length compensation for tool 1.

This info will seem a bit confusing at first but just start simple and work from there.
    You will learn best by taking answers from the likes of this forum and try things out for yourself.
    You will learn more by trying out solutions yourself than by just being given the outright answer every time you have a problem.
    Keep asking questions and don't give up.
    Regards
    Brian.
    hy, thx 4 answer

i read a bit the book, and the machine has that " next tool mode "

also, here is a movie from youtube, so to see how the machine changes tools

please, if i wish to use tools 20 and 2 , does this will work ?

T20 M6
    // do something )
    T2 M6
    // do another thing )

and where sould i use M63 and M64 ?

kindly!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Thanks Bri

I type too slow
    i will try today these codes ) ... you really type 2 slow ? * but you fly fast ? fast and low, below radar ? )

Downloads
    Uploads

ok, here is an example program for three tools...

N100 T1 (STAGE TOOL 1)
    N102 M6 (PERFORM TOOL CHANGE, PUTTING TOOL 1 INTO SPINDLE)
    N104 M1 (OPTIONAL STOP)
    N106 T20 (PRE-STAGE TOOL 20)
    N108 G15 H8 (DESIGNATE COORDINATE SYSTEM NUMBER 8)
    N110 G56 Z800 H1 (ACTIVATE TOOL LENGTH OFFSET NUMBER 1 AND MOVE TO Z800, IF POSSIBLE)
    N112 M3 S???? (SPINDLE START AT DESIGNATED RPM)
    N114 M8 (COOLANT ON)
    Program for Tool 1
    N400 M5 (SPINDLE STOP)
    N402 M9 (COOLAND OFF)
    N404 G0 Z800 (RAPID TO Z800, WHICH IN YOUR MACHINE WILL PROBABLY JUST MOVE TO YOUR Z POSITIVE LIMIT)
    N406 M6
    N408 M2

Notice that I use a consistent approach as this reduces the risk of forgetting anything.

Hope this sample helps.
    Brian.
    Hi, i started from your example and was easy after that to change tools ... thank you.
    I have a few more questions, please :

1) when i use air through the spindle i can not rotate it :
    M59 ( it blows through spindle )
    M03 S250 ( it does not rotate )

when i use air near the spindle i can rotate it :
    M12 ( air near the spindle )
    M03 S250 ( it works )

what am i mising ?

2) i can not use common variables, as i was doing on the lathe :
    on lathe V1=100 , or M03 S=V1 works
    on the mill, V1=100 does not work, so how can i use variables ?

3) when i measure tools, i was toold to use CALL OO30, or something like that
    The problem is that when the spindle goes down, it is not concentric with the sensor, but a bit offset
    How, or form where can i aling the spindle ? ... or should i just move the senzor on the table ? ... i prefer to align the spindle

Please, can you help me with all this ? kindly !

Downloads
    Uploads

To setup our tool setter ..
    Hopefully this will help a little??
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Thank you for your advice. It helped me a lot
    CALL OO30 PAXI=7 PLI=0 worked very nice
    CALL OO30 PAXI=3 just send Z axis up. I don't know if is ok or not. I attached a photo with my senzor. Maybe is only for Z ? i can't calibrate XY, or maybe i did but i didn't realize ...

1) i searched oo30 inside computer, and is nowhere to be found. where is that file ?

2) if i use "CALL OS00" for example, than the OS00 must be inside *.min file, or inside a *.ssb file, that must be located in MD1 folder. Can i call a *.ssb file that is not inside MD1 folder ?

Another thing, if i have in MD1 2 ssb files, that bought contains CALL OS00, and the [ OS00 .. RTS ] structure, when the 2nd file is running, line CALL OS00 does not go inside that file, but it goes to 1st file. Like CALL is more likely to search outside the file ...

3) If T1 is allready in spindle, and *.min file calls T1, then i receive an error. To avoid this error, i must put T1 back into magazine ... how can i make the program run in both cases : tool in spindle / magazine ?

4) This questions is for lathe. How can i find out what tool is active, so not to send the turret up ?
    If tool T010101 is in work position, than there is no need to send the turret up ...

5) can i increase air pressure through spindle(M339) and near it(M12) ? maybe is ok, but to me it seems low

6) i can load tools directly into magazine's pot, but i can not get them out from there. To get a tool out, i put it into spindle from magazine (T1 + M6), and after that i remove it manually from it. Can i remove tools from magazine without loading them into spindle ?

7) What are HB and HC ? is like i can declare 2 or 3 lenghts for the same tool ? i attached a photo

kindly!

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry to take so long to reply...
    Point 1.
    [ ... ... ]
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Brian.
    Hy Brian, thank you for all answers
    One last thing : is it possible to make tools setting faster ? like to shorten the duration for oo30 ? i don't really need this, but it takes a bit to much