P200 Apps - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P200 Apps

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a program for starting up apps after the API starts on the machine, I forget what it's called. At least I think it's standard. I'll look Monday, but I think it's the Okuma start up utility or some such thing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've just stumbled on this. Is this what you mean. I'll check on Monday too

P200 Apps-api-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Sort of, the one below labeled THINC Startup Service is what I'm talking about.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tea hole View Post
    Sort of, the one below labeled THINC Startup Service is what I'm talking about.
    Must be run without the OSP running at the same time BTW.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hmmmf....Looks like we don't have the THINK start up service folder on our machine

P200 Apps-photo-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what is in the file we use to delay the start of the Variable Pic App. It is stored as a "batch" file in the startup folder. It delays, by 3min (180sec), the start of the app to give enough time for the API software to get up and running. This type of thing is beyond my capabilities, it was written by I.T. dept. of our machine provider. Clever stuff :-)

@echo off

ping -n 180 127.0.0.1>nul

REM Next command will open variable picture app
    start cmd /c "D:\Program files\Caron Engineering\CEI_Variablepicmill\CEI_VariablePicMil l.exe"

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe It's the one labeled "Startup" two areas below the one labeled "Okuma" that your mouse was on to get to the API list.
    Sometimes they're together because the startup service is on the same disk Okuma provides with their API disk.depends on how how it was installed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ahh. There was a file in Start up that I wasn't sure about. Others were NC (with the space rocket graphic) and my batch file.
    I'll look next time I'm at work, which will be next year :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For anyone looking to see more cool app stuff, check out Thicster.com Jimi Brown and Jon Weaver are 2 Gosiger guys who have some great apps. We (Okuma) just had our annual Technology Showcase in December and had quite a few apps running for people to see, some in house and some distributor made. Power of the OSP is great. Sky's the limit!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdavala View Post
    For anyone looking to see more cool app stuff, check out Thicster.com Jimi Brown and Jon Weaver are 2 Gosiger guys who have some great apps. We (Okuma) just had our annual Technology Showcase in December and had quite a few apps running for people to see, some in house and some distributor made. Power of the OSP is great. Sky's the limit!

Please update your link.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ChattaMan View Post
    Hmmmf....Looks like we don't have the THINK start up service folder on our machine

P200 Apps-photo-jpg
    I suppose since you didn't have an "AH HA!" reply that it wasn't in that location either.
    I would recommend contacting your distributor and having them install it like they were supposed to.
    It's sole purpose is to do what you are trying to do, start programs, delayed, after the OSP boots and the APIs become active. Some service techs only install the APIs and not the other part, though they should.
    Others install the "Thinc start-up service" in the startup folder with the OSP Start button for some reason, though all of our machines have been corrected now.
    Like i say, it should be on the API disk, and if your API's are installed, this should have been installed.
    Contact your distributor.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: P200 Apps

Quote Originally Posted by iMillJoe View Post
    Well to me, a program is ... constructed. (like masterCam)
    hy iMillJoe i understand your point ... do you have some ideas ? did you think of some aplications for the cnc ? did you have time to make things work ? kindly !

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

i just received this link :

yes, it is okuma related

is about a guy with a long microphone, showing how to use google to download an application in only 4minutes and 40 seconds

so is more important to know how to download, instead of actualy describe those aplications

don't worry, i will do it for you :

the only app from the store that promises something is : STEP-NC Machine
    ... but ai for machining ? it seems to me like IGF 2.0 beta

ohh, and there is another master piece : OSP Widget Manager : like an ALT+TAB for useless things

almost all, except STEP-NC Machine, are like the applications for a smarphone : this just gived me an idea : let's contact the guys macking apps for phones, so to have more stuff inside the Okuma store

just imagine :
    ... showing the weather after you finish a program good when there are no windows
    ... calling a cab when machine shut down
    ... share your salary and still be anonymus
    ... live stream on facebook
    ... customizing an application for woman menstrual cycle, so to deliver a calendar for cnc maintanance

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    just imagine :
    ... showing the weather after you finish a program good when there are no windows
    ... calling a cab when machine shut down
    ... share your salary and still be anonymus
    ... live stream on facebook
    ... customizing an application for woman menstrual cycle, so to deliver a calendar for cnc maintanance
    1st item just checked in : https://www.myokuma.com/goweather-alert

it may be possible that, in the near future, huge storms will hit instantly ( upon approval )

truth is that weather is going somewhere ... i live in a nice mountain city ( under Antarctica's glacier ), with forests and stuff, and last year was the 1st year when, during summer, the edges of leaves got burned from the sun and somegot dry and fall of to the ground; it's not a nice feeling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12