System variables - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: System variables

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by broby View Post
    Holy Crap Batman!
    How the heck did you come up with that set of formula?
    Brain hurts just reading it.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    The VQDAT variable is a day counter from the starting point of 12/31/1979. If you look at the value of VQDAT today (8/20/2013) it will be 12286. What we are after is the Julian Day Number for today. This is accomplished by adding the Julian day number for 12/31/1979 (2444238) +VQDAT. The Julian day number for today can be converted using the formula below to get the date in Gregorian calendar. I did not come up with the formula, it was developed by some guy name E.G. Richards. I just converted it to run in OSP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well done then I say!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by YoDoug View Post
    The VQDAT variable is a day counter from the starting point of 12/31/1979. If you look at the value of VQDAT today (8/20/2013) it will be 12286. What we are after is the Julian Day Number for today. This is accomplished by adding the Julian day number for 12/31/1979 (2444238) +VQDAT. The Julian day number for today can be converted using the formula below to get the date in Gregorian calendar. I did not come up with the formula, it was developed by some guy name E.G. Richards. I just converted it to run in OSP.
    Oh wow, the Okuma epoch, handy info!

Bravo!

I solved a Euler Problem similar once, but in a more advance language. Really, that was pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: System variables

hello i know that this thread was started some time ago, but maybe i am not late, since such stuff is still actual

a few years ago, i was looking for a method to use timestamps inside my programs, and google returned this thread

thank you YoDoug for sharing those code samples; it helped me a lot, and this thread convinced me to join the cnc-zone

now, i would like to share coding tricks, that speed up the execution time

thus next infos are not about customizing the output of the code, but the way it works ( compiled )

below are 2 programs that generate identical outputs : 2nd program executes 2x-3x faster

- 1st program : code from #7 with a few modifications :
    ... ' close c ' before ' fwritec ' is removed, because it closes a sessions that does not exist
    ... ' MD1: ' is removed, since writing to a local folder <> main system device is not possible, and MD1 is default
    ... removed the repetition of the PUT' ' & WRITE C from the begining
    ... TIME-DATE >> time-date : i discovered that i like lower case
    ... PUT' ' >> PUT ' '
    ... execution time : 162 - 192ms

- 2nd program :
    ... $noex ,
    $0D0A
    indentation
    ... ' WRITE C ' is used only once
    ... execution time : 67 - 80ms

i shared this, because a timestamp ( or whatever log ) code may create additional machine downtime, thus it may interrupt the machining flow, and there are persons that can see when a machine is stoping, even if it 'waits' only 0.1 seconds; about this, i have some 'work in progress', trying to minimize the downtime / kindly

Code:
    FWRITC time-date-v1.txt;A

(TIME DATE)
    PUT ' '
    WRITE C
    PUT 'YEAR/MM/DD'
    PUT VTIME[1]
    PUT '/'
    PUT VTIME[2]
    PUT '/'
    PUT VTIME[3]
    WRITE C
    PUT 'TIME'
    PUT VTIME[4]
    PUT':'
    PUT VTIME[5]
    WRITE C
    CLOSE C
    Code:
        FWRITC time-date-v2.txt;A
        NOEX PUT ' '                                                                          PUT $0D0A
    $        PUT 'YEAR/MM/DD' PUT VTIME [ 1 ] PUT '/' PUT VTIME [ 2 ] PUT '/' PUT VTIME [ 3 ] PUT $0D0A
    $        PUT 'TIME'       PUT VTIME [ 4 ] PUT ':' PUT VTIME [ 5 ]
        WRITE C
        CLOSE C

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: System variables

hello citizens, previous post shows how to tune a classical code, so to reduce it's execution time from 160-190ms, to 67-80ms

now, i wish to share you another trick, to reduce the execution time even more, so to achieve an average <15ms : remove close-c

the trick behind this, is that "fwritc" is assigning a file to the buffer, and close-c is removing the assignment, so to allow you to assign, later, a different file; if you are writing data to a single file, then you may avoid close-c; simple, isn't it ?

purpose is to minimize downtime created by logs; the way to implement it, is to achieve a real execution time, for the logging process, that is much smaller then the deviation of the cycle time; for example, if cycle time is 30±0.35 seconds, and data logging requires:
    ... >1 seconds/cycle, then there is too much downtime caused by gathering data
    ... < 0.1 seconds/cycle, then the data can be gathered without adding downtime to the cycle

so far, i have had the oportunity to prepare setups that would last for months, delivering more than 10k parts; achieving a stable line, without downtime, requires perseverence

whatever, i am not saying that what i do is the best; no ... i only try to do my best so far, the only thread that i have found about this issue, is this one : https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma...ing-times.html, and in there, at post 5, it is said that, because of the downtime created, logging is used only for diagnostics; it is possible to keep it on, all the time, but this is another story / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12