Need Help! LU-15MW SVP Communication Alarm

Thread: LU-15MW SVP Communication Alarm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question LU-15MW SVP Communication Alarm

Hi
    We have recently purchased an okuma LU-15MW and have been having problems with the B turret. On start up in the morning it has been bringing up an alarm saying Invertor bridge short circuit xbaxis when full rapid is used. Up until yesterday i would slow the rapid down for the first few parts then it would run ok. all day.

It is a 1996 model and has OSP7000L controller.

Today it wont boot up on power up and stopps at
    ALARM 923-31 ALARM P SVP SA COMMUNICATION ERROR XBAXIS

Does anyone know the reason for this? Please help!!

Thank you
    Lucas

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

1. check circuit breakers inside control cabinet. Check circuit breaker of drive unit, which controls XB axis.
    2. repair the drive unit. Maybe replacement of power transistor module is enough
    3. schedule Your preventive service for drive units, power supply units and CPU rack. They need cleaning, greasing between radiators and power transistors with thermopaste

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok
    Thanks Algirdas
    We had a tech look at the machine and our svc2 board wich controlls Z&X axis is no good. The orange charge lamp lights on rear pannel but the lights on front pannel are a dull red colour. The same units above have bright orange and green lights on front board. Now there is none in the country and we will have to wait 2-3 weeks for a new unit.

Is there any way to test and repair these boards?

We have a couple of jobs to go on this machine so we are wondering if there is any ''quick fix".

Thanks
    Lucas

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello:

Where are you? There is procedure to check the power transistors and brige, but sometimes the control board is defective too. Send me an e-mail to me to talk about the way to send you tha manual for the BLD and VAC maintenance. My e-mail is diegojulio@yahoo.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi mate

I am from Australia. This morning i had one of my mates check over the board. He is not a cnc tech but has done a little work with music amplifiers.

We replaced a few capacitors and a resettable fuse and the machine ran only with one alarm which was reset on start up.
    As we are going to order a new svc2 board from Okuma japan ($6000 Aussie) ($5500 USD) we are not using the b turret till we have the new board just to get a few urgent jobs done.

I will post the details of the alarm tomorrow

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LU-15MW SVP Communication Alarm

Hello my friend.I get the same error.
    How was the fault resolved?I'll be glad, if you help me