Anyone Familiar with the Maxsine EP1 Servo Amp

Thread: Anyone Familiar with the Maxsine EP1 Servo Amp

Downloads
    Uploads

Red face Anyone Familiar with the Maxsine EP1 Servo Amp

My x-axis servo sings to me after startup. I've dampened the servo amps on my router (Gecko's) but never attempted to tune the maxsines on the Novkon. I downloaded the manual and was immediately overwhelmed with the amount of information provided. What I'm looking for is a step by step procedure to check tuning and dampen down the oscillations. Sorry folks. I know this is the easy way out but at my age, learning is more difficult and takes quite a bit longer. Like looking for a tiny dropped spring on the shop floor. What use to be a bend over and pick it up turns into a long, stressful painful journey these days.
    Thanks.
    Bill

Similar Threads:
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone Familiar with the Maxsine EP1 Servo Amp

Sorry I can't help with the tuning, but the only singing I've ever gotten from the servos on my Torus Pro has been from the Z axis. My strut is toast so the load can cause the servo to sing sometimes. I just jog it down a bit and it typically stops. Have you tried setting the position to a slightly different one? It might cause the motor to hold in a slightly different position. Is the axis up against a physical stop?

Don't have to be too bright to be me :)
    bluehandsvideo on youtube

Downloads
    Uploads

Have they always done this or has it just started? If it used to be quiet you might check your gibs to take out any slop.

I downloaded the manual and since this doesn't have a software interface it will be difficult to walk you through. Parameter p009 is the gain setting, I would check what the current value is and then lower by 1 or 2 save and test. If you inadvertantly change other settings you could reduce system performance and possibly make the drive unusable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Have to agree with Mklotz. I replaced my z-axis strut and went with two on the side. The Z would whine holding the load at times. Perhaps on your axis, it is more of an alignment of ballscrew, nut, end-flange etc. putting some pressure on the shaft? Perhaps even loosening the Servo screws may help. Outside of that, have not needed to do much tuning on the Drives, at least from the last number of years. If I find something, I'll post something up.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Guys. I'll have a look at the manual and make some (small) adjustments. I was hoping for a software interface to laptop access. Much easier for me to understand that way. Have a good labor day.
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)