New owner Torus Pro - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New owner Torus Pro

Default Re: New owner Torus Pro

Quote Originally Posted by againstallodds1 View Post
    Thank you, greatly appreciate it.
    Well yesterday, I unplugged everything and looked at all the terminals, triple checked all the terminals to make sure they were tight. This morning I fire it up and it sees the full 6000rpms now. I am running a program and it is working great, nothing slowing it down. I am not sure what fixed it, but I would think that it could be the plug that goes in the BOB labeled spindle C300. Every wire was tight , went over them multiple times.
    I am really loving this machine now. Thank you everyone for their input.
    Paul
    Spoke too soon, problem is back after a few good cuts.

Downloads
    Uploads

That's awesome that it's up and running. Sounds like it was a poor connection. Have fun and let us see some of the stuff you end up making. -Mike

Don't have to be too bright to be me :)
    bluehandsvideo on youtube

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by againstallodds1 View Post
    Spoke too soon, problem is back after a few good cuts.
    Well at least you are making progress, and now know it works. I imagine there is a transformer on the board if you can get to the pins or solder joints, you can test high voltage inputs and the low voltage out puts. Could be a bad solder joint or failing transformer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Oops.....didn't see you "spoke too soon" comment before I sent mine.

I think you have it down to the BOB.....at least I'm pretty sure that's what you were redoing all the connections on. Since all the screw connections have just been done, I doubt it's any of them. It could very likely be a bad solder joint as Jmhx2 said. It could also be any of the plug in connections......most likely, the one labeled for the vfd. If you're worried about getting your hand in there while it's running, you can use a dowel or a long artist's paint brush to poke/wiggle the connectors a bit while the spindle is running. If the rpms change or quit changing, you've found the culprit. If none of the connectors cause any change, you can gently push on the board and it's components. You're not looking to bend any components....just slightly flex the board to see if a bad joint will show up. If you can find an area that repeatedly causes a change, you can remove the board and look for bad solder joints.

Don't have to be too bright to be me :)
    bluehandsvideo on youtube

Downloads
    Uploads

If it turns out to be the BOB I have a used one I will sell cheap. I removed it when I put in an acorn control system.

Downloads
    Uploads

One of the most amazing upgrades I did to my machine is installing the Centroid Acorn. Love everything about it.

I would glitch everyday running Mach3, ruining parts, etc.

Not once since 2018 has Centroid Acorn done something wacky. Absolutely love it.

UPnorth Sending PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSHATCH View Post
    One of the most amazing upgrades I did to my machine is installing the Centroid Acorn. Love everything about it.

Not once since 2018 has Centroid Acorn done something wacky. Absolutely love it.
    I am running Acorn with Technic servos on my G0704. The machine is out of commision since I bought the Novakon. Really thinking about moving everything over or just selling the G0704. I think I will keep the electronics and servos and part the Grizzly out since I wont get nearly what I have in it back. It is stretched to get 9.25" Y travel, and spindle speed runs at 7500rpm. The machine will make oval circles and doesnt even come close to the Novakon for accuracy. The Novakon will get withing .003 of tolerances and I havent even played with it yet. The Grizzly I am lucky to be with .02. Its a toy.
    I do like the Centroid Acorn ALOT better, and missing my Probe App from Swissi. Centroid CNC12 is very user friendly. I dont feel like getting these EP1 servo drivers to play nice with Acorn or I would of done the conversion by now. I would have to buy two Nema 34 Clearpath servos to go on the Novakon as well.
    I have the GS3 VFW, really good prox sensors, centroid probe and tool setter, and Centroids MPG.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    If it turns out to be the BOB I have a used one I will sell cheap. I removed it when I put in an acorn control system.
    Sent PM on BOB.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSHATCH View Post

I could not agree more about the acorn. It has been 100% stable. I put one on my Novakon to get rid of the frequent glitches I had with Mach 3.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is the BOB I removed from my Novakon mill.

New owner Torus Pro-bob-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12