Novakon contact

Thread: Novakon contact

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Novakon contact

Hello all. I'm a new member here and own a use torus pro that has been running great. I've been trying to reach John to order extra parts for the machine but haven't received any replies. I spoke with him last October and he was very helpful and nice to speak with but now I need some spare parts. Has anyone been in contact with him or ordered parts from the website with response?

thanks

Fred
    Stonegatecreations.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Novakon contact

I haven't seen much of anything mentioned in the forums these days in regards to novakon , he tends to be a bit difficult to get ahold of sometimes . I'm sure you've looked back in the forum to see the announcement that he is done with selling mills . John said something about still selling parts but the specifics are unclear as to what kinds of parts and for how long .
    What parts are you looking for ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi and thanks for the reply. I ordered some spares from the site last week and still waiting on shipping confirmation. I am wanting an extra spindle, non-power draw bar, and the Z gas spring. Do you know of another source for parts?

Downloads
    Uploads

bolton tool sells the same mill with different electronics , I have my doubts that they will sell parts for a machine that is not theirs but it's possible that they do
    aside from that I'm not aware of anyone else selling the same machine or matching parts

Downloads
    Uploads

thank you for the information, I will check them out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    bolton tool sells the same mill with different electronics , I have my doubts that they will sell parts for a machine that is not theirs but it's possible that they do
    aside from that I'm not aware of anyone else selling the same machine or matching parts
    This is interesting info. Do you know what the product number is? I was wondering if they also sold a Pulsar equivalent.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have a product number , I've just seen them on their site a while back . The interesting thing is the travel specs on their site are closely the same as the actual travel I get on my torus , vs the travel novakon boasted . Also smithy at one point had a similar mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Happy to report that my order to the novakon website went through and I received my items yesterday. Guess they are still in business, just not answering emails.

Downloads
    Uploads

good to hear

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you get the spindle? I tried ordering one about a year ago and got a call from John stating he only had one left and if my machine wasn't down he prefered to hold on to it. I just want one for a backup. If you did recieve can I get your old one to model it. I will share the model with everyone here once done.
    Jon

Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings,

I have a Smithy CNC1240, similar to some of the older Novacon NM-200 machine.

My Z Gas Spring failed and I was able to order a replacement from McMaster-Carr.

https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/128/1396

I have ordered parts from John in the past and he treated me fairly.

Cheers,

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I received a new spindle. The novakon site is showing 2 pro spindles still in stock.