Torus Pro Tool Changer - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torus Pro Tool Changer

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torus Pro Tool Changer

Wake up dead horse!!!
    Ok guys. Still have automatic tool changing on my mind. Does anyone working with a Torus Pro have a automatic tool changer of any design installed. The larges hurdle (at least in my tiny little mind) is mounting and interfacing the unit. I kinda think interfacing is doable for those using pathpilot albeit still a PITA !
    Wake up cruel world!!!!
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok seems dead in here so I'll do a response. I have considered a tool changer but never went past that. My Torus Pro uses an acorn instead of the original Mach 3 based control. Centroid does provide some built in macros for tool changers. Depending on the operation of the tool changer it may be simple or require a slight PLC modification. It also might be hard. I'm not sure.

I would like to hear from anyone who tried one of the generic tool changers. If the quality is ok it might be worth doing. I have a few extra inputs and outputs on the acorn.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been keeping an eye on this thread but don't have much to add. I'll be interested what route you all end up going. I purchased the DIYish tool changer from a forum member for my Novakon, but my shop still isn't set up yet and who knows how long until I get it installed. Before going that route, my thought was to buy a Tormach ATC unit and fabricate a mount for it.

The Novakon column has threaded holes on the side where I'll be mounting my ATC, but I'm not sure the Torus has that option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12