New to me NM135 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me NM135

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to me NM135

Twisted pair shielded wire can make a lot of electrical interference go away.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Twisted pair shielded wire can make a lot of electrical interference go away.
    Thanks, I have been checking into some 24 gauge Cat 8 wire that looks decent. I can get 10ft for about $10.

I have also ordered a new 6nm 1.8kw 3000 rpm ac servo and 30 amp controller(sold as matching set). I paid $379 shipped from China so now it's just a matter of waiting forever till they ship, supposedly fedex international economy. For the stepper motors I got some clone DM556s for X & Y with a DM860H for Z. I also pulled the trigger on a Acorn so I can avoid any glitches mach3 and cheap controller might introduce.

My biggest concern is the $40 48v 12.5a power supply that arrived and looks fairly skimpy for supposed 600w of power:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079D916WY

I'm thinking either a second supply to run the Z alone or send it back and get the "right" one:

https://www.antekinc.com/ps-8n48-800w-48v-power-supply

Finally I noticed the X and Y axis limit switches had reacted poorly with the coolant and crumbled long before the machine got to me. I'm not sure if it still worked as there are proximity sensors on all 3 axis as well as each axis having the two limit switches which makes 9 in total which is odd and I'm not sure of their configuration since I can't trace the wiring back to a breakout just terminal block with numbers(which helps some). I'm also worried that the proximity sensors say 36v vs my 48v configuration choice. I do have 3 of these switches left over from an old project:

https://www.amazon.com/Baomain-Horizontal-TZ-7311-Parallel-Momentary/dp/B01HNW778U

Also spoke with John at Novakon who has been very willing to help although he is working from memory on a machine that wasn't around long and its been 10 years so at best he can guide me as if it was a new machine build but details on my configuration are short. I am very impressed with his willingness to help on such an old machine and me being at least a 3rd owner. I'm sure his profit was nothing compared to 10 years and the hassle of supporting a Chinese machine in the first place, must be annoying to say the least.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New to me NM135

Forgot to mention I'm planning to FDM print the motor mount and turn the stock 14mm ID 38t HTD 5M motor pulley on my lathe to fit the 19mm shaft and broach the keyway on lathe as well. I'll print a 76 or 80t HTD 5M pulley out of high strength resin to test higher speeds. The options for larger HTD 5M aluminum or steel pullies isn't great and pricey so I'm hoping to turn an aluminum hub and use a resin exterior for long term use. In the past my GT2 resin pulleys have shown zero wear but are so rock hard any sharp edges tend to eat away belts so I know simple wear shouldn't be an issue for the plastic. Wear from heat should also be unlikely since I print fan ducts with it as well that practically touch hotends radiating 220C without any signs of melting.

I will post pictures of my progress but it'll likely be a few weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12