Problem Is Novakon still in business?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Novakon still in business?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is Novakon still in business?

I placed an order for some ER20 collets on Novakon a few weeks ago. I checked the status of my order and it said unfulfilled. I tried to send emails to support@novakon.net and sales@novakon.net and both were rejected - mailbox for user is full. I tried calling and it said person I was calling is not available, didn't even go to voicemail. When I placed my order my credit card was charged right away. Anyone know what's going on with Novakon? Are they still in business?

--Scott

Similar Threads:
    "You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is Novakon still in business?

It's been an ongoing issue with Novakon, John has not been replying to emails for months now. Another member here said the same thing about being charged for an order he placed and not shipped. I've been patiently waiting for John to begin responding to emails before I order a few items I'm wanting to order. Not sure what's going on.

Downloads
    Uploads

I sent Novakon a message on Facebook and John did reply to me. He said Covid19 has caused some problems and is moving to a new location. My order should go out soon. I'm glad to see he's still in operation.

"You can't teach stuff in a school that you would learn in real life unless the real life people are in charge of the school." - Gene Sherman

Downloads
    Uploads

That does not explain why he has stopped responding to emails.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Scott. There are many sources for er-20 collets. Given the lack of response from Novakon these days I would order them from somewhere else. Sets of ER-20 collets are dirt cheap on Amazon. I bought a set of about 14 for around $35. Yeah I know they are probably low quality but I bought them for drilling so they should be ok. I have not tried them yet. Good quality collets are more money of course.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    I sent Novakon a message on Facebook and John did reply to me. He said Covid19 has caused some problems and is moving to a new location. My order should go out soon. I'm glad to see he's still in operation.

more or less same thing I was told a couple months ago . I cancelled my order . I hope he gets things sorted out

the cheaper collets don't seem to be lacking much in quality and I've got a lot that have been in use for years now . They are a bit softer than the higher end stuff like lyndex but it doesn't hurt as much to break a tool and wreck a cheap collet vs an expensive one

Downloads
    Uploads

Speaking of ER20 collets. I've purchased quite a few items from CME. Happy with everything I've purchased from them.

https://cme-tools.myshopify.com/coll...ant=5698047811

Downloads
    Uploads

reasonable prices , wonder how good their carbides are

Downloads
    Uploads

I use their 4 flute end mills and 4 flute roughers on mild steel. Even the roughers leave good finishes on steel.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone have an an update on whether or not Novakon is still in business?

Downloads
    Uploads

I talked to John today. He said that Novakon has been hampered due to personal reasons and the Covid -19 virus. Further, phone lines and the internet will be up and running by the end of this week and he will also be filling back orders. John did not give me a lot of details, but said Novakon had limited access to their shop prior to this week, but access will be back to normal by the end of the week.

Downloads
    Uploads

Good to hear that he will be back to filling orders soon. John has not been responding to emails for almost a year now, well before Covid.

Downloads
    Uploads

I got my order a few weeks ago. I don't know what kind of lead time he has, but things are getting shipped

Downloads
    Uploads

good to hear . stock parts are nice to have access to and a pita when they are not

Downloads
    Uploads

Good to hear they are getting things going again. I think I will pick up a few spare parts just in case.

Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone else placed and received an order from Novakon in the past week or two? I need a few items but somewhat hesitant to place the order.

Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to know that too Steve303. I'm hesitant to order anything.

Downloads
    Uploads

I emailed John a few days ago hoping that he was again shipping. No response but my email did not bounce with a "mailbox full" message like it was in the past.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all!
    Yes, we still are in business! We were hit hard by Covid19 and it has greatly affected us both personally and professionally these last few months. You will soon be seeing additional changes to the web store as we make adjustments for stocked and surplus parts. My apologies again as we move forward and thank you for your support.

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    Hello all!
    Yes, we still are in business! We were hit hard by Covid19 and it has greatly affected us both personally and professionally these last few months. You will soon be seeing additional changes to the web store as we make adjustments for stocked and surplus parts. My apologies again as we move forward and thank you for your support.

John
    Glad to hear you are getting things going again. Hope all is well with you now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast