Problem Is Novakon still in business? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Novakon still in business?

Default Re: Is Novakon still in business?

I placed an order last Saturday (after having seen the updates here). I got shipping info Monday. The package is out for delivery today!

Awesome!

I bought some of the Gold ATC holders. So nice not to have to go to Tormach for this stuff!

Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone else place an order with Novakon and received it? I emailed Novakon last week asking if they are shipping and no reply yet. So I am holding off placing my order until they start replying to emails.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like the silence says it all.

I hope they are okay, I'd like to order more of these tool holders.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have called them abt 5-10 times in the last 3 wks. Never gets answered. I need some tech support and would be happy to pay for it but since I cant get through maybe you guys can have some good advice. I will open a separate thread.

Downloads
    Uploads

why do these kinds of posts have to keep coming up ? A bit of communication from a company goes a long way .
    A business like this has to run or close , theres no half way

Downloads
    Uploads

Any word on parts shipping , orders being responded to ?? I'm hoping to soon order the parts I tried to get last year

Downloads
    Uploads

I think the silence tells you all you need to know. I don't think my next machine will come from Novakon.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Guys;
    Does anyone know of a replacement draw bar for use with the Novakon Power Draw bar? Any head length will be ok since I have a lathe to deal with the fitting.
    Thanks.
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Hey Guys;
    Does anyone know of a replacement draw bar for use with the Novakon Power Draw bar? Any head length will be ok since I have a lathe to deal with the fitting.
    Thanks.
    Bill
    Can't you just make one since you have a lathe? Do they require heat treating or some special process I am unaware of? I would like to have a spare drawbar on hand just in case.

I just looked up the price of a finished drawbar on the Novakon site. Its cheaper than I can buy the steel to make one from. Hopefully Novakon will see and respond to this thread.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    I think the silence tells you all you need to know. I don't think my next machine will come from Novakon.
    Pretty much in the same boat , I should have bought an 1100 . I've had a few issues with tormach support but nothing like this

Downloads
    Uploads

Upnorth;
    Yes I could make one but for the price, I would rather purchase one. They are not hardened but still a pain to make.
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

little machineshop has a variety of drawbars , will anything on there match up for you

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    little machineshop has a variety of drawbars , will anything on there match up for you
    We are still open but has a hell of a time during covid19. I haven't paid much attention to this forum but I will be monitoring it more. The best way to contact me is through the email john@novakon.net or the other listed mails. We will be making a number of changes shortly to the site but we have a lot of stock for mills still. We have draw bars and they are on the web store.

Regards

Downloads
    Uploads

Good news John.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for responding John. We had concerns and it's good you took the time to respond.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm glad your still running but not being able to get parts when I needed them really turned into sh@# show

do you have 14x14mm motor couplers . When I couldn't get steppers from you last yr I had to use other motors as an alternative and they have 14mm shaft vs the stock 1/2" . Problem is that I cannot find couplers that will match up 100% . If you don't have any then I'll just double up on the 14mm x 1/2 you have , and swap the parts around on the couplers to match things up .

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I emailed Novakon last week asking if they were shipping, but no response yet.

I email John yesterday and got a reply yesterday. It was only a few hours between my email and his response.

He says he has Gold tts holders in stock, which is what I am ordering.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by amelianorth View Post
    So I'm holding off ordering until they start responding to emails. I hope all is well with them; I want to order more of these tool holders. But it looks like the silence speaks for itself. I've reached out to call them five times a day. I never get an answer. I need technical support and would be happy to pay for it, but since I can't get through, maybe you guys can give some good advice.
    Amelianorth as you have noticed this forum goes quiet some times. I look at in occasionally but did not see your comment. For technical support you can post your questions here. Odds are pretty good someone will know the answer and it's free.

Tool holders are available from other sources. As far as I know the Novakon TTS in interchangeable with the Tormach TTS. Prices are higher with Tormach though. They do have a better selection of tooling. If you do a google source for the Tormach TTS you can find other options people have posted about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast