Power Draw Bar ver 2.0 (Pulsar) - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Draw Bar ver 2.0 (Pulsar)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Power Draw Bar ver 2.0 (Pulsar)

Quote Originally Posted by bill south View Post
    Hey Guys;
    I hope we are not hijacking Steve's thread with all the posts on PP but I have pathpilot 2.1.5 installed on my Torus Pro but have significant problem with the tool change and tool table handling routine at the moment. PP resets my table to zero after each cycle of the power. I've moved it over to my test machine to attempt to at lease identify the problems. SOOOOO back to 1.9.X for the moment to get some work done.
    Regarding the type of drawbar being discussed here, for a Torus Pro there just isn't room for installation of the power pack. I ended up building a close copy of the Himey system for my Pro and have never been happier with it. Works great and never had a pull out.
    Thanks for posting.
    Bill
    Bill, you can move back to version 2.12 until a solution is found. BTW, did you try changing file permissions posted on on the LinuxCNC Forum? A nice thing with PathPilot is you can easily move back and forth between versions using the UPDATE feature in PP. PP will install any version, newer or older. Just select the v2.x.x.tgp file you want to install. Make sure the .tgp wanted in your operator\updates directory, the update is completed in a minute or so. Don't forget to recopy your modified .ini and .hal files to the correct locations in the ~tmc directory tree.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    Don't forget to recopy your modified .ini and .hal files to the correct locations in the ~tmc directory tree.
    That may be why you have problems with 2.1.6 or later. I think that was the version where Tormach changed some safety features around the door and the hal-file changed as well. One way to overcome this is to copy the changes from the old files into the new files and try to start PP. When it fails, check in the log why it failed and go from there. The log is in ~/gcode/logfiles and is called pathpilot.txt (from memory).

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Guys;
    I moved version 2.1.5 back to my backup system to do some troubleshooting. I've already tried all suggestions regarding permissions and verified my old files were copied but again, I think it has something to do with the backup command used for tool table transfer. I also "really" don't know what I'm doing with this linux software but it kinda reminds me of the old school DOS which I grew up with so it's kinda fun trying to figure it out.
    I'm back into operation with 1.9.X so I'll have time to play and will be sure to post anything I learn. When struggling in the dark, any wisdom shared is priceless.
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12