Losing steps - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing steps

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Losing steps

OK so I talked to John and he gave me some stuff to test. As soon as I moved one of the wires out of the PS everything came back on. Wiggled it and things went haywire a bit. New power supply and I am back in business! 3 hours of cutting with no problems. Maybe it is me just hoping but the mill seems to be cutting better than ever.

Thanks everybody and especially John!

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you checked for obvious loose connections? I would remove and reseat every connector on there. Maybe swap the power connector on the breakout board to another one on the power supply if one is available. They power drawbar does get power (5 VDC) from the motherboard. Likely the smoothstepper gets its power from the same source. You could easily temporarily wire in another computer power supply. To me that seems like the likely problem. Check the connections first. Maybe you have a bad break out board also. If it turns out the break out board is bad I removed one recently and replaced it with an acorn. I would sell it if its needed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well good news.You were posting while I was writing a reply. One of the great things about these small cnc machines is they are cheap and easy to fix. If it was a Haas or something you would probably be looking at a $5k repair bill to get it going again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12