Torus Pro Enclosure

Thread: Torus Pro Enclosure

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Torus Pro Enclosure

Hi Everyone,

I have not posted in a while but I just wanted to give an update on my enclosure for the Torus Pro. 2018 was year where I had spent most of my time settling into my new workspace after moving in the summer of 2017. I hadn't got my Torus Pro up on the base till just over a year ago on 01-02-2018 (First Picture). After that it was a complete tear down, rebuild, additions, new Centroid Acorn controller, troubleshooting all while I was designing/fabricating an enclosure. It was busy, tiring, stressful and annoying at times but also fun. While I'm still working on things and getting prepared to make additional changes I wanted to show what my current Enclosure as it sits today 01-29-2019. I have more things to come to make my life easier....

When I first got the Torus Pro in 2013, the enclosure was just enough to keep chips in the pan. I expanded it and started 3D Printing hardware for the next iteration along with 20x20mm Aluminum extrusion but ended up hating the design. Finally when I moved, I said enough was enough!

I will be adding many more pictures to this thread along with detailed descriptions. More will be added this year as I makes additional changes and improvements.

Enjoy!

Regards,

-Jason

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torus Pro Enclosure

Looks nice. I made my own enclosure also. It was well worth the time to do so. Do you have a stepper or servo version of the mill? How do you like the acorn based control? I'm planning an upgrade this summer to get rid of mach 3. The acorn will likely be my choice.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Looks nice. I made my own enclosure also. It was well worth the time to do so. Do you have a stepper or servo version of the mill? How do you like the acorn based control? I'm planning an upgrade this summer to get rid of mach 3. The acorn will likely be my choice.
    Servos on the Torus Pro. I really like the Centroid Acorn, like all things...it's hard to change sometimes even when something is unstable as Mach3. Worked great one day and on others, not so much. It took time to rebuild and wire everything but I am happy I did it. It's really nice using the machine with a touchscreen and all.

Regards,

-Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSHATCH View Post
    Servos on the Torus Pro. I really like the Centroid Acorn, like all things...it's hard to change sometimes even when something is unstable as Mach3. Worked great one day and on others, not so much. It took time to rebuild and wire everything but I am happy I did it. It's really nice using the machine with a touchscreen and all.

Regards,

-Jason
    Well done! I think most of us would like to dump Mach 3. Novakon was talking about a new controller but I haven’t heard anything lately about it. Would have liked to see something from them but I’m getting impatient now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Davez64 View Post
    Well done! I think most of us would like to dump Mach 3. Novakon was talking about a new controller but I haven’t heard anything lately about it. Would have liked to see something from them but I’m getting impatient now.
    Have you tried PathPilot? I've use PathPilot on my Pulsar and a really happy with it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I saw the post as well, but not much has been going on in the forums regarding it.

I am really happy with the Centroid Controller, I feel that where I am with things, It is the right tool for the job.

Regards,

-Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    Have you tried PathPilot? I've use PathPilot on my Pulsar and a really happy with it.
    If I can find good instructions for a stepper version torus pro and am able to still purchase PathPilot from tormach, then I might go that route.

Downloads
    Uploads

Another happy PP convert here. I did see the Acorn control running at Cabin Fever a couple of weeks ago. Whether I'd like touch screen or not is questionable.

Downloads
    Uploads

I replaced Mach 3 with an Acorn from Centroid. I'm about to do some testing as soon as the weather warms up a little. Early results were promising though. No weird stuff the mill just did what it was told.