Torus Pro Servo + Pathpilot = Lost Motion - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torus Pro Servo + Pathpilot = Lost Motion

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torus Pro Servo + Pathpilot = Lost Motion

Quote Originally Posted by WTFover View Post
    So this is not fixed. I noticed that even after slowing down the acceleration settings, jogs seemed to be incrementing more error. If I use the shuttle jog wheel and move the table along the X axis at a constant 30 IPM, I can (very gently) wrap my hand around the the exposed dial on the left end of the mill and feel the servo motor stalling and starting. It's obvious to the eye. The DRO continues to count at a constant pace, which ends up resulting in a massive positioning error. I am about to go put the Mach 3 Hard drive back in this thing and see if I can duplicate the error. I think I might take another drive and do a straight up LinuxCNC install from the beginning and start from scratch. Getting pretty frustrated at this point.
    Did you try to adjust the drives parameters in section 4.2?

Iron-Man

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Man View Post
    Did you try to adjust the drives parameters in section 4.2?

Iron-Man
    Not yet. I did notice at the back of the drive manual that I posted (section 7.4) there is a table with what appears to be something called "Adaptive table for servo motor selections" which corresponds with Parameter 002 in the settings. Both the X and the Y Drives are set to value A101, whereas the table in the manual calls for the specific drive to be set to B093. Beyond that I am not too confident in my capabilities or the english translation of what all the parameters do, what I should change and how I should go about measuring any changes. I will likely change that parameter and see if it nets anything interesting.

Update:
    I tried to review a few of the parameters and now I'm really stumped. Chapter 5 actually does a reasonable job of explaining what some of these parameters do. Following the instructions:
    Check P001 value, should correspond to a sub model number L08, L12 or L16. Mine reads 04L01.
    Check P002 value, should correspond to the table I spoke about above. Current Parameter is set to A101, should be B093 to match the drive. I am unable to change the parameter. I verified there were some other parameter values I could change, but this one I could not.
    Probably one of the most frustrating things about this whole thing is the general lack of available documentation about the drives, motors, software availability.

Last edited by WTFover; 12-24-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Jason --CNC Newbie--

Downloads
    Uploads

So I've had a little bit of success. I was able to cobble together a Win7 32bit VM, and got the servosoft software running and connected. I am able to backup and restore the entire servo drive config. One other interesting note is that Parameter 002 does not show up in the list either. I tried the recover factory, option, but it did not appear to change anything, so it's acting like these servo drives just have a default configuration on them. I'll keep at it.
    . Torus Pro Servo + Pathpilot = Lost Motion-servosoft-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torus Pro Servo + Pathpilot = Lost Motion-servosoft-jpg  
    Jason --CNC Newbie--

Downloads
    Uploads

So new development. I took the X axis servo off, to play with the settings in servosoft, and low and behold the locking collar that connects to the ballscrew was not tight, and by not tight, I mean the motor just slid right out of the mounting flange. I don't ever recall taking the motor loose, for anything, but it would certainly explain the lost motion. I guess I need to check the Y as well. That thing is buried in the column. so I am going to put everything back to the way it was and start over.

Jason --CNC Newbie--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12