FREE novakon nm145 castings, machined for 25mm linear rails.

Thread: FREE novakon nm145 castings, machined for 25mm linear rails.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default FREE novakon nm145 castings, machined for 25mm linear rails.

hiya. so, a while back i machined my novakon nm145 castings for linear guides. my shop becomes condos on friday, so i need to decide what i keep. and really, im not going to finish this. so... if you can make it to downtown toronto, by friday morning, and youd like to try and build it, they are yours! no scrappers, i already have a scrapper paying premium if it comes to that, so this is JUST for someone that intends to try and build this up.

i have the table, the base, and the column. the job isnt perfect, or totally finished. the base seems to have twisted a thou or so after machining an "aging". so, you will need a little tuning, scraping to get it to a high standard of precision. you also obviously need to make a xy saddle and z saddle, and all the fittings to mount screws, motors etc. its set up to take 25mm standard linear rails. original ball screws were 20mm.

the base casting, and back of the column are a little "thin" for my liking after machining. i think youd do well back filling the base and the backside of the column with an epoxy granite mix. i think youd have a rather stout little machine after that. throw on one of them $699 bt30 atc spindles and youd be kicking ass.

so, if you can make it down, and want it, message me asap. i am going to take some pictures of the parts tonight.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FREE novakon nm145 castings, machined for 25mm linear rails.

Noone wants free stuff

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FREE novakon nm145 castings, machined for 25mm linear rails.-nova-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    Noone wants free stuff
    I'd love to have it, been thinking of buying one actually. However, I am in the USA and that's quite a drive. Can it ship?

Downloads
    Uploads

cant ship, its gotta just "vanish" by noon or so tomorrow (they lock the doors at 5)
    if i get no response by morning, it goes into the bin. ugh. i hate that.

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought you'd have a line of people wanting those castings. Where about are you?

Downloads
    Uploads

im in downtown toronto. i do have one possible taker. hes seeing if he can arrange transport.

I tried to send you another PM, your inbox is full. Delete a few, I think I have a pickup arranged.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hope you found it a home. Many of us just don’t find these posts soon enough. I certainly would’ve paid you well plus Freight.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    hiya. so, a while back i machined my novakon nm145 castings for linear guides. my shop becomes condos on friday, so i need to decide what i keep. and really, im not going to finish this. so... if you can make it to downtown toronto, by friday morning, and youd like to try and build it, they are yours! no scrappers, i already have a scrapper paying premium if it comes to that, so this is JUST for someone that intends to try and build this up.

i have the table, the base, and the column. the job isnt perfect, or totally finished. the base seems to have twisted a thou or so after machining an "aging". so, you will need a little tuning, scraping to get it to a high standard of precision. you also obviously need to make a xy saddle and z saddle, and all the fittings to mount screws, motors etc. its set up to take 25mm standard linear rails. original ball screws were 20mm.

the base casting, and back of the column are a little "thin" for my liking after machining. i think youd do well back filling the base and the backside of the column with an epoxy granite mix. i think youd have a rather stout little machine after that. throw on one of them $699 bt30 atc spindles and youd be kicking ass.

so, if you can make it down, and want it, message me asap. i am going to take some pictures of the parts tonight.