Card support and optical drive holder for Pulsar

Thread: Card support and optical drive holder for Pulsar

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Card support and optical drive holder for Pulsar

Hi guys,

I'm gradually getting ready to try switching over to PathPilot. I'm going to make a dual-boot Win7 and PP disk to boot from, and I've been wanting a SATA optical drive for the loading. Also, there's not a great way to support the MESA card inside the cabinet in the Pulsar. I designed a 3D printed bracket that holds a slim optical drive and has a tab to support a PCIe card as well. Here are some (bad) pictures:

I need to make a couple of adjustments to the file, but I'd be happy to upload the file and hardware list if anyone else is interested. Lemme know.

Micah

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Card support and optical drive holder for Pulsar-20180126_072615_resized-jpg   Card support and optical drive holder for Pulsar-20180126_080050_resized-jpg   Card support and optical drive holder for Pulsar-20180126_080055_resized-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Card support and optical drive holder for Pulsar

Great bracket you made there. The dvd can come in handy sometimes. PP2.0 installs from a usb thumb drive so no dvd is needed.
    I was originally going to cut up an old computer case and install the rear of the case in the cabinet to hold the MESA card. I actually cheaped out and used a hot glue gun to secure the MESA card to the PCI slot.

Last edited by Steve303; 01-26-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    Great bracket you made there. The dvd can come in handy sometimes. PP2.0 installs from a usb thumb drive so no dvd is needed.
    I was originally going to cut up an old computer case and install the rear of the case in the cabinet to hold the MESA card. The cheaped out and used a hot glue gun to secure the MESA card to the PCI slot.
    Hot glue here too. Works well and takes 10 secs.

Also I wouldn’t bother w the dvd.
    Start w PP 2.0.

My files/instructions are posted somewhere here.

Downloads
    Uploads

Great design on the bracket!! Thanks for sharing the idea.

Don't have to be too bright to be me :)
    bluehandsvideo on youtube