torus air spring

Thread: torus air spring

Downloads
    Uploads

Default torus air spring

Can someone enlighten me as to how the air spring is retained in the head ? The spring has dropped and I really don't see how or where this thing gets held . It moves up and down freely which means it doesn't do it's job anyhow but at least having it back in place would be nice

Similar Threads:
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: torus air spring

Remove the cylindrical cap on the top of the head. Unscrew the spring from the bracket at the bottom, and lift out the top.

The spring supplied on early machines was a bit weak. I replaced mine with a 250# spring, which seems just right.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: torus air spring

I was trying to figure if the cylinder was actually clamped in place somewhere and hadn't put to thought that pressure held the damned thing in it's place lol . That would be my second brain fart this week .
    I may replace it and I may not , the mill is the same as it ever was so it's probably not an absolute necessity

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........