Novakon Laser Cutter!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Novakon Laser Cutter!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Novakon Laser Cutter!

I did notice that on there the other day. I would like to find out more about it though and what it is capable of.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I ordered one. I feel the price is very reasonable (Over $2,000 less than a similar laser with US support) for a laser cutter/engraver with those specs and with parts and support available in the US. The laser has built in Wi-Fi. I also ordered the CW5000 chiller, the Laser 3 Jaw Rotary Table, and a Honeycomb table. It comes with a Knife blades table.

John told me that the Bodor laser will cut up to 3/4” wood and 1/2” acrylic in one pass.

Here are the specs:

Model BCL1006X
    Working Area 1000*600mm
    Laser Power Recii W4 120w Laser Tube Rated 110w 130w Max (10,000 Hours rated tube life)
    Laser Type CO2 Sealed Laser Tube ,10.6μm
    Cooling Type Water Cooling
    Engraving Speed 0-60,000mm/min
    Cutting Speed 0-40,000mm/min
    Laser Output Control 0-100% set by software
    Min. Engraving Size Chinese: 2.0mm*2.0mm, English Letter: 1.0mm*1.0mm
    Highest Scanning Precision 4000DPI
    Locating Accuracy ≤+0.01mm
    Controlling Software DSP Control System
    Graphic Format Supported DST PLT BMP DXF DWG AI LAS,etc
    Compatible Software CORELDRAW,PHOTOSHOP, AUTOCAD,TAJIMA,etc.
    Color Separation Yes
    Drive System High-precision 3-phase Stepper Motor
    Auxiliary Equipment Exhaust Fan and Air Exhaust Pipe
    Power Supply AC 220V+10%, 60HZ
    Working Environment Temperature:0-45C, Humidity 5-95%(No Condensate Water)

Downloads
    Uploads

That seems like a very good price for a 120W laser with a 2'x3' bed. Is it a direct import from China or does Novakon customize it somehow or check it out in their office before sending it on to the customer? Does it use the typical Chinese software to generate cutting/engraving files or something else?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    That seems like a very good price for a 120W laser with a 2'x3' bed. Is it a direct import from China or does Novakon customize it somehow or check it out in their office before sending it on to the customer? Does it use the typical Chinese software to generate cutting/engraving files or something else?
    I was thinking the same. Hopefully a user will respond with some kind of review.
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

If it can cut acrylic that thick, how would it do on 1/4" polycarbonate? I have heard of problems cutting PC unless everything is just right.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Polycarb (lexan) is not something you want to cut on a co2 laser, Something about toxic fumes Acrylic is fine as it wood, mdf cardboard, paper leather cloth ect.
    Here is a link to a list of what can and cannot be cut.
    http://www.jrlasersolutions.com/PDF/materials.pdf

Downloads
    Uploads

I have been researching laser cutting/engraving machines for over a year and believe that Novakon is offering the best value for a good quality laser machine available in the US. I have faith in Novakon and John, and I believe that they will provide a quality laser cutting/engraving machine that will be dependable and meet my expectations.

The Bodor Laser cutting/engraving machine is designed and engineered in Switzerland. The laser machine is assembled in China using global parts. John says he has a full-time employee located in China that inspects his CNC Mills, Laser machines and miscellaneous parts prior to shipping to the US.

It’s my understanding that the Bodor laser company is huge and manufactures over 1000 machines a month. They are well known in Europe and most of their laser machines are much larger than the one I am purchasing from Novakon.

Most Laser machines found on E-Bay are manufactured in China. They use cheap low quality components, and are prone to early failure. I did not want the responsibility and delays associated with directly shipping a laser machine from China. Further, warranty dealings with China are basically non-existent and require shipping components back to China which is costly and can take many months to complete. Knowing that Novakon will stock spare parts for the Bodor laser influenced my decision to purchase a laser machine from them.

The Bodor laser uses a Ruida controller with the RDWorks software which interfaces directly with CorelDraw and AutoCAD. I have downloaded the Bodor laser user manual and the RDWorks software and manual. I find them well written, easy to understand, and easy to use. The Bodor laser also uses 3 Phase NEMA 42 stepper Motors, HIWIN HG series linear guideways, and genuine Reci Laser tube. These items are high quality components that are not found in many Chinese laser machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

These are imports from China from a company is one of the largest manufacturers of laser machines. In this particular case, we don't configure anything on the laser machine and this is how we will keep the prices very reasonable. We are stocking the uncommon spare parts for this model so there should not be an issue with warranty and China, we will deal with this. The laser manual and software are very good compared to others that are available from E-bay. There are plenty of low cost garbage lasers available from China and E-bay, but I will not stock any of these.

I do have an employee that will inspect the machines in China to make sure of what we get before shipping. I do this with all of our machines. Better to head off problems before it is on the boat.

As it stands now, we have our first shipment being built and shipped. Expected delivery is about mid January. I do have some stock available with this shipment at the moment and I can offer a discount of free shipping (Continental US only) while these stocks last. If you are interested, just send us a request and we can quote you. These machines are rated at 220VAC at 15 amps input power.

Thanks for the interest and support.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

John, are these laser cutters CSA, or cUL approved for use in Canada?
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ram48 View Post
    Polycarb (lexan) is not something you want to cut on a co2 laser, Something about toxic fumes Acrylic is fine as it wood, mdf cardboard, paper leather cloth ect.
    Here is a link to a list of what can and cannot be cut.
    http://www.jrlasersolutions.com/PDF/materials.pdf
    Thanks for this. That is about what I recall reading. You would need a fabulous containment and filtering system.
    We cut too much of it to worry about yet another safety concern. The plasma cutter is badd enough and it's smoke is vented directly outside. I still generally use a respirator.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    These are imports from China from a company is one of the largest manufacturers of laser machines. In this particular case, we don't configure anything on the laser machine and this is how we will keep the prices very reasonable. We are stocking the uncommon spare parts for this model so there should not be an issue with warranty and China, we will deal with this. The laser manual and software are very good compared to others that are available from E-bay. There are plenty of low cost garbage lasers available from China and E-bay, but I will not stock any of these.

I do have an employee that will inspect the machines in China to make sure of what we get before shipping. I do this with all of our machines. Better to head off problems before it is on the boat.

As it stands now, we have our first shipment being built and shipped. Expected delivery is about mid January. I do have some stock available with this shipment at the moment and I can offer a discount of free shipping (Continental US only) while these stocks last. If you are interested, just send us a request and we can quote you. These machines are rated at 220VAC at 15 amps input power.

Thanks for the interest and support.

Regards,
    John
    Thanks John. Do you sell anything in a desktop laser, something like 12x20"? I only see the BCL-1006X on your web site and that's too large for my location.

Downloads
    Uploads

After researching Laser cutters/engravers for many months, I decided to order a Bodor laser machine from Novakon. It looks as though I came to the same conclusion as Igak and our machines seem very similarly outfitted.

I contacted a few Bodor owners that have used their machines for several years for business and hobby. All said they are good machines, run strong and they would by a Bodor laser machine again.

Those findings, coupled with owning a Novakon mill for years, and knowing the customer service and help that John provides, it was a no-brainer for me to order my Bodor laser machine from Novakon.

The fact that parts and consumables will be available here in the USA and I can get them in a matter of days instead of months is icing on the cake. Not having to deal with international shipping, import hassles, customs, brokers and ground transportation which can add $1300 to $1800 and maybe more, made it an easy choice for me to go with Novakon to purchase my new Bordor Laser machine.

I look forward to sharing my laser experiences with you in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks John. Do you sell anything in a desktop laser, something like 12x20"? I only see the BCL-1006X on your web site and that's too large for my location.
    I am looking at a smaller one but I am not sure if I should get started with the initial stock. The size is 500 x 300 mm (about 19x11.5"). The quality is there, but the price is there also for a little machine. If you want to talk more about it, let me know and I can always get any size laser with our mill shipments. I am thinking that I will stock more common machines sizes and make others available upon request.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    I am looking at a smaller one but I am not sure if I should get started with the initial stock. The size is 500 x 300 mm (about 19x11.5"). The quality is there, but the price is there also for a little machine. If you want to talk more about it, let me know and I can always get any size laser with our mill shipments. I am thinking that I will stock more common machines sizes and make others available upon request.

Regards,
    John
    I pre-ordered a Glowforge, which has been delayed yet again, so I am starting to think about alternatives. Your listing is the 1st mention I've seen for Bodor, but I've only just started searching. Can you give me a rough estimate of how long delivery would be for something like 500x300 mm laser cutter? Just a very rough estimate is fine for now.

Downloads
    Uploads

What is it that you guys are using a laser for? I ordered a little acrylic case the other day for an Arduino and it was all laser cut. Really tiny parts that just snap together. I have seen similar wood models and the lighted photo's. I know about engraving various logo's and part numbers etc. Just curious.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I will be using mine mostly for a hobby, making acrylic boxes, edge lit signs, wooden and acrylic puzzles, ornaments, signs etc. you can also mark coated SS tumblers and etch glass es and cylindrical items if you buy a rotating attachment. a CO@ laser can also mark anodized aluminum by burning off the anodizing and with the use of a product called ceramark it can mark steel. but ceramark is very costly.

Last edited by ram48; 12-09-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I pre-ordered a Glowforge, which has been delayed yet again, so I am starting to think about alternatives. Your listing is the 1st mention I've seen for Bodor, but I've only just started searching. Can you give me a rough estimate of how long delivery would be for something like 500x300 mm laser cutter? Just a very rough estimate is fine for now.
    Michael-

As it turns out, I had my emloyee in China at the Bodor factory yesterday inspecting our first lasers. We had talked with management and the turn around time on this laser is 10 days after order and about 30 days for shipment to Charlotte, NC for us to pick up. If you want to look at this model, I will jump on board also and get some machines coming with your order. Otherwise I was going to wait and look at this model later in the Spring. Timing this important this time of the year when Chinese New Years comes in January, nothing ships for weeks. We would have to order this in about a week to 10 days to make sure we have no delays. The factory is right on schedule and our laser order will be sent to the port in 3-4 days from now.

If you are interested in this model, please let me know and I can get them here by late January with your order.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    What is it that you guys are using a laser for? I ordered a little acrylic case the other day for an Arduino and it was all laser cut. Really tiny parts that just snap together. I have seen similar wood models and the lighted photo's. I know about engraving various logo's and part numbers etc. Just curious.
    The capabilities of these lasers are incredible. Maybe this is an example of the cutting detail? We also know the large laser with the RECI tube we selected will cut up to 3/4" wood with no or little kerf. accurate within .001" and very tight bean width, I believe about .015-.020" or so. It will make very tight corners with this. Our tubes are rated 10,000 hours unlike some of the ones out there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Novakon Laser Cutter!-009-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Factory inspection-

Here are the first pictures from our visit to the Bodor laser factory. The shipment was mostly packed up but we could still inspect the equipment. You can see the rotary device and details of the laser machine. Power lift table and easy access to key parts. A large sheet can be inserted through the back that opens up. Large 5000 series chiller to ensure a cool running tube and a blower (not shown).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Novakon Laser Cutter!-013-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-003-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-017-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-016-jpg  

Novakon Laser Cutter!-032-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-027-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-001-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-026-jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast