Novakon Laser Cutter! - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Novakon Laser Cutter!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Novakon Laser Cutter!

After researching Laser cutters/engravers for many months, I decided to order a Bodor laser machine from Novakon. It looks as though I came to the same conclusion as Igak and our machines seem very similarly outfitted.

I contacted a few Bodor owners that have used their machines for several years for business and hobby. All said they are good machines, run strong and they would by a Bodor laser machine again.

Those findings, coupled with owning a Novakon mill for years, and knowing the customer service and help that John provides, it was a no-brainer for me to order my Bodor laser machine from Novakon.

The fact that parts and consumables will be available here in the USA and I can get them in a matter of days instead of months is icing on the cake. Not having to deal with international shipping, import hassles, customs, brokers and ground transportation which can add $1300 to $1800 and maybe more, made it an easy choice for me to go with Novakon to purchase my new Bordor Laser machine.

I look forward to sharing my laser experiences with you in the future.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Thanks John. Do you sell anything in a desktop laser, something like 12x20"? I only see the BCL-1006X on your web site and that's too large for my location.
    I am looking at a smaller one but I am not sure if I should get started with the initial stock. The size is 500 x 300 mm (about 19x11.5"). The quality is there, but the price is there also for a little machine. If you want to talk more about it, let me know and I can always get any size laser with our mill shipments. I am thinking that I will stock more common machines sizes and make others available upon request.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    I am looking at a smaller one but I am not sure if I should get started with the initial stock. The size is 500 x 300 mm (about 19x11.5"). The quality is there, but the price is there also for a little machine. If you want to talk more about it, let me know and I can always get any size laser with our mill shipments. I am thinking that I will stock more common machines sizes and make others available upon request.

Regards,
    John
    I pre-ordered a Glowforge, which has been delayed yet again, so I am starting to think about alternatives. Your listing is the 1st mention I've seen for Bodor, but I've only just started searching. Can you give me a rough estimate of how long delivery would be for something like 500x300 mm laser cutter? Just a very rough estimate is fine for now.

Downloads
    Uploads

What is it that you guys are using a laser for? I ordered a little acrylic case the other day for an Arduino and it was all laser cut. Really tiny parts that just snap together. I have seen similar wood models and the lighted photo's. I know about engraving various logo's and part numbers etc. Just curious.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will be using mine mostly for a hobby, making acrylic boxes, edge lit signs, wooden and acrylic puzzles, ornaments, signs etc. you can also mark coated SS tumblers and etch glass es and cylindrical items if you buy a rotating attachment. a CO@ laser can also mark anodized aluminum by burning off the anodizing and with the use of a product called ceramark it can mark steel. but ceramark is very costly.

Last edited by ram48; 12-09-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I pre-ordered a Glowforge, which has been delayed yet again, so I am starting to think about alternatives. Your listing is the 1st mention I've seen for Bodor, but I've only just started searching. Can you give me a rough estimate of how long delivery would be for something like 500x300 mm laser cutter? Just a very rough estimate is fine for now.
    Michael-

As it turns out, I had my emloyee in China at the Bodor factory yesterday inspecting our first lasers. We had talked with management and the turn around time on this laser is 10 days after order and about 30 days for shipment to Charlotte, NC for us to pick up. If you want to look at this model, I will jump on board also and get some machines coming with your order. Otherwise I was going to wait and look at this model later in the Spring. Timing this important this time of the year when Chinese New Years comes in January, nothing ships for weeks. We would have to order this in about a week to 10 days to make sure we have no delays. The factory is right on schedule and our laser order will be sent to the port in 3-4 days from now.

If you are interested in this model, please let me know and I can get them here by late January with your order.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    What is it that you guys are using a laser for? I ordered a little acrylic case the other day for an Arduino and it was all laser cut. Really tiny parts that just snap together. I have seen similar wood models and the lighted photo's. I know about engraving various logo's and part numbers etc. Just curious.
    The capabilities of these lasers are incredible. Maybe this is an example of the cutting detail? We also know the large laser with the RECI tube we selected will cut up to 3/4" wood with no or little kerf. accurate within .001" and very tight bean width, I believe about .015-.020" or so. It will make very tight corners with this. Our tubes are rated 10,000 hours unlike some of the ones out there.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Novakon Laser Cutter!-009-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Factory inspection-

Here are the first pictures from our visit to the Bodor laser factory. The shipment was mostly packed up but we could still inspect the equipment. You can see the rotary device and details of the laser machine. Power lift table and easy access to key parts. A large sheet can be inserted through the back that opens up. Large 5000 series chiller to ensure a cool running tube and a blower (not shown).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Novakon Laser Cutter!-013-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-003-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-017-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-016-jpg  

Novakon Laser Cutter!-032-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-027-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-001-jpg   Novakon Laser Cutter!-026-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for this. That is about what I recall reading. You would need a fabulous containment and filtering system.
    We cut too much of it to worry about yet another safety concern. The plasma cutter is badd enough and it's smoke is vented directly outside. I still generally use a respirator.
    It is probably a good time to mention that the lasers have a ventilation system also. The smoke is drawn out and ejected outside by the power fan that is connected to the back of the laser. It is about a 6" hose and is vented outside too.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Novakon View Post
    Michael-

As it turns out, I had my emloyee in China at the Bodor factory yesterday inspecting our first lasers. We had talked with management and the turn around time on this laser is 10 days after order and about 30 days for shipment to Charlotte, NC for us to pick up. If you want to look at this model, I will jump on board also and get some machines coming with your order. Otherwise I was going to wait and look at this model later in the Spring. Timing this important this time of the year when Chinese New Years comes in January, nothing ships for weeks. We would have to order this in about a week to 10 days to make sure we have no delays. The factory is right on schedule and our laser order will be sent to the port in 3-4 days from now.

If you are interested in this model, please let me know and I can get them here by late January with your order.

Regards,
    John
    Thanks John, but I'm just beginning to learn about Bodor and am not ready to commit at this time. I spent some time in Hong Kong and am familiar with how Chinese New Year's screws up business matters but I really need to think about this more.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

What is it that you guys are using a laser for?
    For me it will be mostly a hobby tool, and I'm planning to make organization aids for my precision tools as well as the odd 3D engraving and little gifts for friend and family. It would be a bonus if I could make some money with it, but that's not essential.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve303 View Post
    John, are these laser cutters CSA, or cUL approved for use in Canada?
    Steve
    Hi Steve,

Nothing that I am aware of is approved in the west without special testing. Most often it is approved in Europe in part, but not as a whole system. I am looking into this and will get an answer soon. I might be surprised.

Thanks,
    John

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast