Torus Pro BOB rev 5.2 differences?

Thread: Torus Pro BOB rev 5.2 differences?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torus Pro BOB rev 5.2 differences?

I blew up my rev 5 BOB....John sent a 5.2. Tried to install it today and there's no jack for the spindle enable plug to connect to. Anyone have any info on this? I've put in the emails, made the calls, left messages, googled the internet and cnczone......nothing yet.

Similar Threads:
    Don't have to be too bright to be me :)
    bluehandsvideo on youtube

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mklotz70 View Post
    I blew up my rev 5 BOB....John sent a 5.2. Tried to install it today and there's no jack for the spindle enable plug to connect to. Anyone have any info on this? I've put in the emails, made the calls, left messages, googled the internet and cnczone......nothing yet.
    HI Mike,
    We received your messages and email. Check your email for the reply earlier. I need to know the old version of your BOB and we can supply the adaptor patch cord to make this BOB compatitle with your PDB. There is a slight change of the wiring harness from the first PDB harness to the ones used now with the Rev 5.2 BOB.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torus Pro BOB rev 5.2 differences?

Thanks John. Email sent.

Just FYI for anyone else reading this..... I was trying to state that I had done my "due diligence" before posting to the forum. As I read it now, it looks like I was saying Novakon was unresponsive. To be clear.....I made the calls/emails around 2pm pst, which, I'm pretty sure, would have been closing time for them. John emailed me after business hours......something that not many companies would do. Thanks John!!!

Don't have to be too bright to be me :)
    bluehandsvideo on youtube

Downloads
    Uploads

John is awesome about that. Since I do a lot of my machining at night and on the weekends that is when I have had problems and he always got back to me way faster than I expected.

-Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mklotz70 View Post
    Hey Mike,
    I just recieved a 5.2 BOB from UPNORTH. I now have this same issue and wanted to see if you had any pics or can guide me in the right direction with getting the voltage needed for spindle enable plug.
    I highly doubt ill be able to get one from Novakon, so maybe you can guide me in what needs to be done.
    I have been running my spindle in manual mode since I have some serious issues with MACH controlling it. Its gotten even worst, then my last thread.

Thanks Paul