Need Help! Mach3 Crashing

Thread: Mach3 Crashing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 Crashing

I am having a continuous problem with Mach3 crashing. I have not been able to pattern to the crashes. Sometime I can run half the day before it crashes and other times it will crash soon after the machine is setting up. The crash can occur when I first start a job or in the middle of a job. The crashes occurs while running Mach 3 as a stand alone and Mach3 with Calypso MachStdMill Pro Ver2. I have tried running both with the tool path turn on and with the tool path turned off.

Mill: Novakon Pulsar with ESS
    Mach 3: Version R3.043.066
    ESS Plug in : v10r2d1b

Error message: Error Found, Art Code9988, Attempt to Recover, Error Triggered

Error message: Mach3 CNC Applicationhas stopped working, Close program

Dose anybody had this problem and doseanyone have a fix for this?

Thank you,
    Barry

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3 Crashing-mach3-error-triggered-jpg   Mach3 Crashing-mach3-stopped-working-jpg   Mach3 Crashing-ess-configuration-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Crashing

Barry

Unfortunately, with no other facts it is impossible to nail down the cause for the crashes. I also run MSM & Mach3 ver.066 and the smooth stepper but on a Pro.

The error message your getting is so generic as to be useless. I get the same error message every few days but as luck would have it, only on shut down of Mach.

Otherwise it is performing flawlessly. You might try the Mach forum on CNCZone or their Yahoo forum.

Sorry I couldn't help.

John

Downloads
    Uploads

When Mach3 starts doing weird things, best thing to do is re-install, and copy over an XML file from BEFORE the weirdness started. Sometimes, Mach3 trashes its own XML file, and restoring from an old one is the only way to recover.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

That is quite often the case. Using a known good XML backup works great to fix that.
    I would also switch to ver .062 instead of .066. It is known to be more stable.
    I have the same machine as you do and have had zero issues with mach 3 and the version I recommended.
    I found that the version .066 would not home the machine correctly. That is why I switched it out originally.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bb246a View Post
    I am having a continuous problem with Mach3 crashing. I have not been able to pattern to the crashes. Sometime I can run half the day before it crashes and other times it will crash soon after the machine is setting up. The crash can occur when I first start a job or in the middle of a job. The crashes occurs while running Mach 3 as a stand alone and Mach3 with Calypso MachStdMill Pro Ver2. I have tried running both with the tool path turn on and with the tool path turned off.

Mill: Novakon Pulsar with ESS
    Mach 3: Version R3.043.066
    ESS Plug in : v10r2d1b

Error message: Error Found, Art Code9988, Attempt to Recover, Error Triggered

Error message: Mach3 CNC Applicationhas stopped working, Close program

Dose anybody had this problem and doseanyone have a fix for this?

Thank you,
    Barry

Hi barry did you ever come up with a solution for this problem you were having i just got the pulsar mill and am also running msm pro with mach 3 and im having the same issue with the machine my problem is i cant even get it to start up before it crashes it will turn spindle on and coolant for may e 3 seconds then its done and crashes everytime i try to start it so just wondering if you found a solution thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbiemiller View Post
    Hi barry did you ever come up with a solution for this problem you were having i just got the pulsar mill and am also running msm pro with mach 3 and im having the same issue with the machine my problem is i cant even get it to start up before it crashes it will turn spindle on and coolant for may e 3 seconds then its done and crashes everytime i try to start it so just wondering if you found a solution thanks
    Have you considered moving to PathPilot? Been running my Pulsar with PP for two years now without any hiccups. Brian did all the work, posted his files and instructions.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

I second that. The Pulsar is a new and better machine under Path Pilot.
    It simply runs it better, faster and smoother than Mach 3 ever did.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbiemiller View Post
    If you are running Windows 10, this is due to a change in Windows. The latest version on the Machsupport website has a patch to fix the issue.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)