We are moving to the USA! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are moving to the USA!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: We are moving to the USA!

I'm curious about the shipping of components/spare parts to Canada . Are you planning to ship small stuff thru usps or ups . UPS broker fees are outright ignorant . I have a business flat rate brokerage deal with ups and its still $45 for any package plus the obvious taxes that get attached , not to mention the initial shipping charge

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Downloads
    Uploads

Small stuff is far easier through the mail. Even somewhat larger and heavier stuff can often go in a flat rate box. Rates are high, but no fees extra. A small flat rate box is about $20.00 to Canada. A 12" by 15" by 3" box is about $37.00 when shipped Priority International mail, but that is with about a 4 pound weight. Regular Parcel post packages are not much cheaper and they don't come with automatic insurance.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cmantunes View Post
    I couldn't find this info on the datasheet for the Torus Pro: what is the constant power range of the spindle?
    The Torus Pro spindle uses a 1.5HP, 3-phase AC motor, with VFD, with a base speed of 1720 RPM@60Hz, and max frequency of 200 Hz. The belt drive is 1:1.5. Therefore, below 2580K RPM it is, more or less, constant torque. Above 2580K RPM it is, more or less, constant power.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    The Torus Pro spindle uses a 1.5HP, 3-phase AC motor, with VFD [...]
    Thanks, Ray!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Small stuff is far easier through the mail. Even somewhat larger and heavier stuff can often go in a flat rate box. Rates are high, but no fees extra. A small flat rate box is about $20.00 to Canada. A 12" by 15" by 3" box is about $37.00 when shipped Priority International mail, but that is with about a 4 pound weight. Regular Parcel post packages are not much cheaper and they don't come with automatic insurance.
    Thats what I was sorta getting at . USPS is fairly reasonable but the curriers like ups fedex etc are monopoly pigs . . I just paid $25 to have 2 spare draw bars sent cross country thru post , the same package would be at least double by the time I see it thru usp . USPS is generally cheaper to ship here than canada post (funny how that works) and most times I don't get nailed for the taxes if it's under $100 .
    I appreciated the fact that I was buying within Canada for a few reasons , shipping was one . I don't exactly plan on needing spare parts but some things are disposable , draw bars , belts etc , plus sometimes s$#& happens .

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Downloads
    Uploads

Oops guess my I made an error on my first reply to this it seems to have vanished.

Good luck with your upcoming move.

As a Canadian with a mill on order this is a bit disappointing to me though. One of the reasons I went with your company was it was located in Canada. I do understand though that business is business and it makes more sense to operate from the usa as their customer base is 10 times the size of ours. Maybe you could consider keeping some stock in Canada? Things like replacement parts or tool holders? It would be nice not to order small items from the usa and get nailed with brokerage fees every time. Maybe it would be a good idea for you to put together a list of recommended spares if it is going to take longer to get parts.

Tom

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    . Maybe you could consider keeping some stock in Canada?
    it probably wouldn't be financially logical to have stock spread out . Hopefully they just keep it in mind to help in reducing our shipping costs .
    Depending on the post method chosen - I've found that sometimes I can get a package sent thru post from Florida quicker than something from central Canada (I'm on the west coast) , and often cheaper . Usps actually blows Canada post out of the water price wise .
    It seems to be a smart bet on novakons part to make the move with the hopes of expansion , and at the end of the day I think most Canadians have gotten used to having to import this kind of stuff anyhow

Downloads
    Uploads

John can come back with a trunk full of parts when he travels back and forth. Whether flying or driving.

Last edited by LeeWay; 11-08-2015 at 04:42 PM. Reason: can't spell what an elephant always travels with.
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

If he's flying , then maybe he can route his flight thru vancouver airport , then it would be even better

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When are you planning to make the big move John?

Novakon NM200 V2, Smithy 9X20 CNC Lathe, Omniturn GT75 Lathe, Haas ST25

Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats John and Novakon team. The Carolina's is a great place to live. Charolette is only about an hour from my home.
    Be seeing ya soon!
    Bill

billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rayoung View Post
    When are you planning to make the big move John?
    We are aligning the move for the February to April spring time frame. Factors such as machine stocks, weather, and property closing dates play a major role in the moving date. We will fulfill any pending mill order from this sale before transferring the shop to North Carolina. The movement of the shop is straight forward and should not take long. We have already made arrangements for the moving process.

We will continue to support our Canadian customers and we will be more sensitive to the shipping costs crossing Northward. We are very aware of the gratuities paid for the crossing of the boarder (in either direction) and we will make some concessions for our Canadian customers.

Thanks to all for the well wishes that we have received so far. We will keep everyone posted on the progress as we move.

Regards to all,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

A lot cheaper going north than coming south for sure...

-K

Downloads
    Uploads

Great news!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Update....

We visited the Winston Salem area last week during the Thanksgiving holiday and found the commercial building I was looking for. As this purchase firms up, we will release more information, but for now, there will be ample room for storage, assembly, showrooms and some instructional class space. Not much time to get things done...there is much to do.

Regards,
    John

Last edited by Novakon; 12-03-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you moving to Winston Salem? I thought you had said the charlotte area. Not a complaint since I'm 5 minutes from Winston just wondering. I am not a novakon owner but if there is going to be a showroom around the corner I'm interested in seeing the machines first hand.

Ben

Downloads
    Uploads

We were looking at both Winston and the Charlotte areas. Business wise, both are great for relocating to. The deciding factor for Winston was for purely personal reasons. The area is just beautiful!

You are more than welcome to come and see when are done relocating. If you want to see a Torus PRO sooner, there is a demo center in Charlotte already with an impressive and very clean garage.

Regards,
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

News update....

We just returned from Winston Salem this weekend and made the final arrangements to secure our new building. We were uncertain between a couple of lucrative purchase options, but what we finally decided on gave us a better starter building for quickly move into, with an option to expand the facility later on.

This will be our tentative schedule during our move: First, we will fulfill the final orders we have here in Canada in the next couple of weeks. Moving the shop has been planned for the minimum of disruption. From about Mar 1st to the 15th, we will be sorting and packing (throwing the junk also) for loading into a 53' trailer van. The truck should arrive on March 21st for unloading. This is where the fun begins setting up the new shop. I have allowed until the end of March to have all shelves and inventory placed, but it should be much sooner. We can continue to ship orders from the store except between March 7-28. Any orders received on the store between these dates will be delayed until we arrive in Winston Salem. Emergency parts needed may still be shipped on a case by case basis.

All of the new mill shipments from the factory are now being delayed and diverted to North Carolina until the end of March. We will though, continue to offer the Pulsar promotional sale for those who still want to reserve one for shipment from Winston Salem.

Here is a quick look at our new building. We have a lot changes planned for you in the near future!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We are moving to the USA!-img_20151124_134550-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That's great news! Thanks for the update!!

Don't have to be too bright to be me :)
    bluehandsvideo on youtube

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all!

Just a little update on the move planed in 3 more weeks (approximately March 22).... There is still a lot to do for packing up the shop, but it should go smoothly after next week. I will have all of the last mills shipped out and can start crating up the shop and prepare for the truck. Many thanks to all who have shown interest in our move and the new prospects with the new building we will have. I have enclosed a couple of inside views from the last visit when we secured our new home. It has very nice office and shop space and it should be very easy to set it up after the truck arrives.

Please bear with us during this move and be assured that there will be much more coming in just a very short time.

Many regards,

John

P.S. The car didn't come with the deal.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We are moving to the USA!-img_20151124_134125-jpg   We are moving to the USA!-img_20151124_134330_panorama-jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast