Welcome to our new forum!

Thread: Welcome to our new forum!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Welcome to our new forum!

Greetings to all.

I would like to take a moment and welcome our new viewers to review our new laser. We have taken the time to research the best and worst of lasers available and we decided to promote the Bodor brand of laser. We have employees in China that work for us that inspect and interface with the factories directly. This means that we can work on your behalf to ensure you get the best possible product and support. We hope you will take the time to look over our website and ask any questions you may have.

Welcome on board!

Novakon Lasers

Similar Threads:

Downloads
      Uploads

Default Re: Welcome to our new forum!

I have a few questions
      Have you tried or looked at modifying the exhaust it sucks for the top and not the bottom and exhaust or small pieces can fall through on the z axis I feel they could have paced a moveable bottom travelling with the table
      My experience with lasers is that the smoke produce would be best not to contact the z axis belts, this will affect the belt life
      secondly they have reduced the tube size from the compressor 3 times as it gets to the head, so the sir flow is low and also placed a flow valve but really it needs to be wide open and still cuts the air flow.
      with all the designs out there I am surprised they have done this .
      The laser itself is well built nothing light or flimsy but the 2 items I mentioned are bad but could be changed .
      when you run a a laser you want it exhausting 100% and a air flow to keep it from flaming

Downloads
      Uploads

Hello Woodman,

What do you mean by a movable bottom? This is unclear.

I presume you have the motorized up/down table option. I will have to look at his more to see the smoke path vs the location of the exhaust ducts. Maybe they should be moved, but change is always slow especially if the factory has not seen any trend for breakdowns.

The compressed air is only used to decontaminate the lens assembly with a little positive pressure. Are you seeing a problem with the lens becoming dirty?

We appreciate feedback and we will pass ideas on to the factory.

Regards,
      John

Downloads
      Uploads

I guess I was used to working with an older model , that the suction was connected below the table so anything through the honey comb or blades got sucked out quick and with the things I cut .With the bodor they are sucking air from the horizontal vents so the smoke comes to the front curls back and does go out but its there for awhile depositing a light black soot and can get to the z axis drives and belts, a floor or barrier would be nice protecting the belts and drives as there is a lot of room.
      There fan is larger than normal and does draw but there is evidence of deposits on the floor near the belts and on the belts (like a dust)
      I like a good airflow on the head keeps contaminates away from the mirror and keeps the flame out,
      there compressor is the typical Chinese compressor and its fine but reducing the hose 3x till its a t the head reduces the air flow to a trickle.
      my old machine is 2008 and I would have thought better changes would be present in 2018
      But like you say if it for them then maybe leave it alone

Downloads
      Uploads

woodman
      I have a machine that is just over a year old, I do notice the smoke pattern but have not noticed any residue on the motorized table (z axis) or bottom of the tray where the z axis belts are, I clean the laser regularly and no one area is dirtier then any other. I find the amount of smoke varies greatly with the materials I cut or engrave and the speed and power I use, for me MDF is the worst when cutting.
      The air flow is minimal for sure but that is due to the "industry standard" compressor actually just an air pump. it is my understanding that reducing hose size reduces volume but increases pressure of air flow. but I will some day replace the air pump with an air brush compressor to improve that.

Downloads
      Uploads

This is my second machine , this one is robust but changes went backwards.
      I disagree the compressor I have on the old 100watt is fine, the tubing size is the same from the compressor to the head and the flow is sufficient this one is reduced 3 times and you shouldn't have to replace it.
      The suction is not a good design , in fact I am thinking of installing a deflector at the front to really make sure is pulling on the surface and as new as mine is few days I see some small peices near the belts and some residue
      I also have a a piece of cardboard under to catch whatever, I will be putting in some thin barrier clearing the servos but protecting that area
      It can be modified

Downloads
      Uploads

John
      What about putting a plexi glass or acrylic deflector at the front of the machine where the vents are, this would force the air to be pulled across the table
      Also would it be difficult to route a new air line right from the compressor to the head and not change the diameter of the tubing