Novakon/Bodor Laser

Thread: Novakon/Bodor Laser

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Novakon/Bodor Laser

I have been researching laser cutting/engraving machines for over a year and believe that Novakon is offering the best value for a good quality laser machine available in the US.

I received my Novakon/Bodor BCL-1006X laser cutting machine in early February. The laser machine has performed beyond my expectations.

I look forward to sharing my Novakon/Bodor laser experience and projects with others on this forum.

The Novakon/Bodor Laser cutting/engraving machine is designed and engineered in Switzerland. The laser machine is assembled in China using global parts. Novakon has full-time employees located in China that inspects the Novakon CNC Mills, Laser machines and miscellaneous parts prior to shipping to the US.

It’s my understanding that the Bodor laser company is huge and manufactures over 1000 machines a month. They are well known in Europe and most of their laser machines are much larger than the one I purchased from Novakon.

Most Laser machines found on E-Bay are manufactured in China. They use cheap low quality components, and are prone to early failure. I did not want the responsibility and delays associated with directly shipping a laser machine from China. Further, warranty dealings with China are basically non-existent and require shipping components back to China which is costly and can take many months to complete. Knowing that Novakon stocks spare parts for the Bodor laser influenced my decision to purchase a laser machine from them.

The Novakon/Bodor laser uses a Ruida controller and RDWorks software which interfaces directly with CorelDraw and AutoCAD. I have downloaded the Bodor laser user manual and the RDWorks software and manual. I find them well written, easy to understand, and easy to use. The Bodor laser also uses 3 Phase NEMA 42 stepper Motors, HIWIN HG series linear guideways, and genuine Reci Laser tube. These items are high quality components that are not found in many Chinese laser machines.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Novakon/Bodor Laser-dsc07870-jpg   Novakon/Bodor Laser-img_3184_20161209_003621-jpg   Novakon/Bodor Laser-dsc07876-jpg   Novakon/Bodor Laser-dsc07877-jpg  

Novakon/Bodor Laser-img_3163_20161208_230017-jpg  
    Last edited by iGAK; 04-25-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Novakon/Bodor Laser

I’m pleased to see Novakon Laser on the CNC zone.

I received my Bodor BCL X 1006 from Novakon on Feb 1st 2017

I spent many hours researching imported laser machines and Bodor was, in my opinion, the one to buy. Learning that Novakon was a USA distributor of them was icing on the cake. I have a Novakon Torus Pro in my shop and the company’s customer service is among the best in the industry. I live in Charlotte NC, Novakon personally delivered my machine and even stayed to help me unpack it... like I said great customer service. Not having to deal with foreign shipping played a big part in my purchase. Learning that Novakon has employees in China that oversee the build and shipping of these machines was also important to me.

Now about the laser machine. It arrived in a big crate and was in perfect condition. The tube was packed in a box filled with foam to protect it and the machine was wrapped in plastic.

It worked perfectly right out of the box, not what I was expecting after reading all the horror stories of those that purchased the “Ebay” laser machines

The first thing that I noticed was that the metal cabinet and frame were built with heavy 16g and 14g powder coated material. The wiring is top notch with each wire labeled and Panduit type wire trough is used for routing.

Bodor builds many big commercial machines and the heavy duty materials and quality carry over to their BCL X line as well.

After three months of use I am as happy as I could be with my decision to purchase a Novakon/Bodor laser.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Novakon/Bodor Laser-img_20170201_144934523-jpg   Novakon/Bodor Laser-img_20170201_145819686_hdr-jpg   Novakon/Bodor Laser-img_20170201_150217074-jpg   Novakon/Bodor Laser-img_20170211_115417104-jpg  

Novakon/Bodor Laser-img_20170211_153336661-jpg  
    Last edited by ram48; 04-25-2017 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added photos